Register now to get rid of these ads!

Burnouts are so cool - Maybe not

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by R&C Lee, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James427

James427
    BANNED

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  2. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Lol...I was thinking the exact same thing!

3. Wikster

Wikster
    from Phoenix

4. Moloko

Moloko

5. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

KIRK......I knew that would bring out the lighter side of u

6. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

I did a little research and found a photo of the owner when he was in the 10th grade.

[​IMG]

7. 53SledSleeve

53SledSleeve

While we're on the subject of stupid cars doing burnouts....does anybody still have the YouTube link to the Donk car on like, 26's that was racing at the track and lost a wheel. The wheel went halfway down the 1/4. One of the stupidest videos ever!

8. KIRK!

KIRK!

I like hugs.

9. Thanks for the warning.

10. Plowboy

Plowboy

Didn't that fancy Troy built 40 Fordish convertible thing that was on the cover of Street Rodder have a mishap as well? My buddy Russ had a pic of it after it backed up into a concrete wall and smashed up the rear of it.

11. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

thats why these guys should stay in thier folding chairs, and trailer thier cars

12. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

The story I was told:
    The owner was parking it, his foot slipped off the brake pedal (it had rained out) and it backed into the brick/stone wall behind it.

Malcolm

13. kustombypook

kustombypook

HAhahahaha. That's funny as shit. I bet all the gold chains blinded him and he didn't see the tree. Or his straw hat impaired his vision. Maybe, just maybe, the car new how rediculous it and the driver was and commited suicide.

14. Rick O'Shea

Rick O'Shea
    BANNED

exactly what I was thinking. "the car committed suicide", kinda like when Johnny Cash's house burned down after one of the bee gee's bought it.

15. hemi

hemi

Doing burnouts is fun. It's not always about chest pumping or breaking traction or having a crappy car... John Force does burnouts all of the time, and while they serve as an important part of his procedure, he still does them with style.

A good burnout is art. It's self-expression with a mechanical device. Poetry in motion. It's exciting, noisy, it's fun.... Fun. When you have a car drifting sideways or cutting slow doughnuts and you are moderating the engine revs and you have to steer and think and slide around and not blow the engine up or hit anything... it's just fun. I don't see how anybody could claim to like fast cars and not think that it would be fun.

But like I said, there is a time and a place. A vacant industrial park, empty parking lot, country road or deserted city street corner is always better than a crowd-lined parking lot exit...

It is as pointless as building a car with a high-performance engine that never gets raced. As pointless as having a custom paint job when all you really need is something to keep metal from rusting, or a custom interior when all you need is something to sit on, or skateboard shoes when you never skate, or a chopped top if you are not a dwarf, or a ham sandwich without mustard, or chicken without hot sauce, or wasting time typing on the internet or painting on a canvas. It could all be considered chest pumping and justified by saying you are doing what you like. You don't NEED to do a burnout... you choose to do one. You have that choice and if you choose to do it, make the right choice and do it when and where it's appropriate.... and have fun.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  16. Every time I see some moron pulling that shit, I am thankful I got that out of my system when I was 16. The asshole deserved to have his car fucked up, but the bigger picture is that enough of that will eventually ruin the cruising we all love. Too bad his gold chain didn't strangle him!!

17. SlamIam

SlamIam

He did that backing up? Must be a real talent."thats why these guys should stay in thier folding chairs, and trailer thier cars"LOLJust be glad the cost of a plastic street rod is inversely proportional to the miles its driven.

18. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Never trust a hotrodder who doesn't like burnouts...........

19. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Last year leaving Ididit's show in Tecumseh, MI a guy in a muscle car tried one. He flipped the car all over the place, over the sidewalk, up the grass, back around, just missed a pole, and then back onto the street. HRLC and I decided he should have gotten the prize for the biggest ass hat. Not 10 minutes prior there were folks in lawn chairs watching the cars drive by. Some elderly and some kids. The elderly vote and the kids are our future. Wrong Place, Nearly the Wrong Time, Wrong DRIVER.

He took a few to fire it back up and limp it out of there, looked like he busted a spring as it sat REAL low on the PS rear!

Do your drifting in a parking lot after hours with a MFS camera near by!!

20. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I was talking about the '40 Ford convert. that Plowboy asked about, Not the green roadster.

21. RF

RF

Read ALL the posts. The back-up incident at the fairgrounds is not comparible to this act of drunken stupidity. The gay green roadster owner was at least smart (?) enough to know to get the f outta Dodge right after grille f'ing a tree with his kit car. Apparently, he wasn't smart (?) enough to "steer clear" of the show--he was seen, bruised and bloodied, walking the fairgrounds the following day. Guess the wreck wasn't embarrasing enough.

"Just be glad the cost of a plastic street rod is inversely proportional to the miles its driven"? That makes about as much sense as getting behind the wheel of a car, any car, intoxicated and proceeding to act as such. In other words, assinine.

22. KIRK!

KIRK!

I love fast cars, but a car doing a burnout isn't going fast. It doesn't even take a fast car to do a burnout. I've had plenty of cars that prove that. Shit I drive one every day that wants to break traction all the time. I wouldn't call my Saturn fast. My Tudor would do a pretty good burnout with the flathead - it sure wasn't fast. I think fast cars are fun because they go fast, not because they'll do a burnout. Cars go fast because of traction. I'm way more impressed by a car that hooks up and launches.

In highschool I spent all of my money making my Firebird fast to win more money drag racing. Traction was always a top priority. Did I do burnouts? You bet I did. With line-lock engaged to activate soft compound tires.

I love ya brother, but I still think burnouts are goofy. Just my opinion.

23. Zumo

Zumo

And it's less exspensive not to be stupid.

24. primed55

primed55

If you have a "Hot Rod" and don't spin the tires you mine as well trailer it, or drive the family Saturn to the ice cream store! Seriously It's part of the fun of having a car like that, and i agree there's a time and a place but when the times right, let it rip, enjoy yourself, enjoy your car, enjoy the work you've done to it, have fun... You guys sound like a bunch of old men, next you're going to start complaining about loud exhaust...

25. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

Who said stupidity isn't painful?

Looks like a bit of Darwinism to me here!

Sheesh... regardless, that looks painful.

26. blown41

blown41

Isn't anybody going to blame the moron that planted a tree in a burnout area? :D

27. kustombypook

kustombypook

I am sure the tree jumped out in front of him, happens all the time.

28. blown41

blown41

High horsepower needed for a burnout? We tried to kill this "high performance" Chevy the other day before hauling it in for scrap. The wipers are on cause we ran the washer tubes over to the front tires. Isolated highway (in front of my house) and spectators safely out of the way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGHjWlbhR74

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.