Register now to get rid of these ads!

blessing of the cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wagonman, Jul 16, 2008.

1. wagonman

wagonman
    from Burbank,CA

I know there wasn't one in '07
    And that Gabriel wont be involved.
    But last year I did get an email stating that there will be a blessing this year.
    Has any body heard anything?

2. Rick O'Shea

Rick O'Shea
    BANNED

nope, not a thing

3. thechoop

thechoop

That is a bummer. I would love to go this year... went the last year in '06. Always a fun, laid-back car show event. But I wonder if the police activity at the last event killed it for all of us. I remember a huge fight towards the latter part of the afternoon. Anyway, I wish the Blessing was back on.

4. Last time I talked to him he said he was working on a new show and he couldn't use the Blessing name anymore. I'll give him a call and see what's up...

5. rev106

rev106

I bought his van...I think he's out. Really, fighting kills all kinds of events.
    [​IMG]

6. He's been putting up a fight for years, surprised he was able to keep it up this long. Hopefully something comes of it

7. rev106

rev106

Been putting up with fights? Secondhand information being what it is, the last brawl was rather large (I was not there). Fighting=no vendors, no girls (been to a hootenanny latley?) and thus lower participation. Less money. Gabriel did the blessing as a job if I'm not mistaken and he had lamented to me about getting money from vendors that was owed to him etc. when I was buying the van, that was over a year ago. At some point you give up becaues of all the bs you have to deal with. I organize a lot of events that are on a smaller scale and there is a ton of bs to deal with. I live in the valley and I think a lot of gang bangers are becoming greasers as a knucklehead retirement plan, thus the increase in fighting. Very few shows are good for long (viva, passo), they have a small magic window where everything seems perfect, and then it's gone.

8. <FANG>

<FANG>
    from W.L.A.

The fight wasn&#8217;t that big a deal I was there couple of drunken jerks
    Lookin to be macho better security could have handled that
    So if this were resurrected would anyone attend?? Or is it like everything else T.F.B. &#8220;I remember that Show it was Cool&#8221; were is the next one lets follow Dorothy
    Down the Yellow Brick Road she knows of another show just around the corner

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  9. Buzznut

Buzznut

I've noticed this too and it's really a drag. Hot August Nights, even though it's not H.A.M.B. friendly, has always been a good clean event...until about 6 years ago when a bunch of lowriding gang bangers decided to pick fights with the hot rodder crowd and eventually incited an all out gangbanger riot. What came of it? The Reno cops were relentless...they pulled NO punches - hasn't been an incident since. Sure, there are still some fights and even some vandalism here and there (200,000 people - that many and anything can and will happen). As far as I know, lowriders for the most part are not welcomed...they have been the ones in the past to cause the majority of the problems...or so the story goes. Who knows...

The way I see it, if you want to change your social group that's fine, but then leave your old ways behind as well. It's time for car guys to step up to the plate and preserve the all American, good, clean, family fun aspect of Hot Rodding.

10. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That show was the largest hotrod show I have ever been to, and the ensuing fight was impressive. But Reno cops are not a nice bunch and they keep it under wraps. Just for the sheer volume of cars that was a fun show to go to.

ahhhh, reminisce...the days of good rugby after party and retarted football players...any ruggers on here? :cool:

11. Elrod

Elrod

FYI... Lucky Bran Jeans is cashing in on the Blessing Of The Cars show...

Saw this on the sale rack at Macy's yesterday.

[​IMG]

12. Anderson

Anderson

The question is....what were you doing checking out the sale rack at Macys?

13. Elrod

Elrod

Getting the misses some hot stelletos, that's what!! : She was actually the one that spotted the shirt, too.

14. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

They sell stilletos at Macy's????

15. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

I grew up in the SFV, the only time I ever saw "greasers" were if they were from outta town. There was quite a few tacobillies though.

16. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Somethin is just plain wrong when you need security at a car show to keep fights in check.
    Typical, a few drunken dildos screw the future up for the rest of us!

17. Bryan

Bryan

I wonder if Gabriel has that name licensed or trademarked. If so I wonder if Lucky has permission to make those.

18. OLLIN

OLLIN

tell that to my buddy whos car got hit with a bottle that barely missed us!
    I saw about 15-20 guys fighting. but at least we came up on a cell phone and a leatherman tool! haha

there was also the incident where that pitbull attacked a dude on a horse and the horse freaked out and bolted as fast as it could and barely missed the cars and people.

19. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

I was there and that fight was big and it was a mess.

BTW.. anybody see the kid who thought he was looking cool in front of the girls when he went to check the boiling overheating radiator in his T-bird? Damn thing sprayed him from head to toe with hot steam and water. Foolish.

I'm gald gave up on cool a long time ago.

BLessing was a fun show though. Would love to attend again.

20. Crankhole

Crankhole

Can someone pm me some contact info for Gabriel?