Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do you listen to in your garage?

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by 41 C28, Feb 6, 2008.

1. banjorear

banjorear

If you like that box set, check out Children of Nuggets. Cool stuff as well!

2. misfit999

misfit999

obsydyan check'em out but not limited to blues,metal,oldies

3. Rick Thompson

Rick Thompson
    Alliance Vendor

I listen to old country George Jones. Hank Williams and Hank the 3rd etc.. when I am working on a project. But if I am having a few beers just waxing the truck I must have the blues

4. woodguy@woodieworks.net

[email protected]

5. I can vouch for that, you use something loud, and you can pretty much be guaranteed, he'll still be talking about some woman's goodies.

I listen to the radio, CD's tend to warp in the heat of the barn, Mostly the crappy neo-country station because it's mindless, or the crappy alternative station. Mostly the compressor or the angle grinder.

Benny B likes this.
  6. Springsteen
    Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble'Live
    Johnny Cash...san quentin and folsum prison live
    38 special
    Skynyrd
    Old Reo Speedwagon...when they rocked
    George Thorogood
    oldies on the radio on 105.7 here in San Diego

7. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

www.tropicalglen.com You can pick the top 100 songs of any year, just have to run wires from the computer to the garage. Also, XM 5 0r 6 or CD's. Usually end up sitting there looking at the work I have to do and have a beer! You can also listen to tropicalglen as you use your computer!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  8. 9 to 12 Glenn Beck
    12 to 3 Rush Limbaugh
    3 to 6 Sean Hannity

9. :confused:
    Been a fan of Garage Punk for a while now.

http://garagepunk.ning.com/profile/ELpollacko

Also a heavy Zune user. I had used Yahoo music for quite a while to pipe in the tunes. But lately the selection started to suck. I changed it up to a 80GB Zune with a Zune pass, it's slightly more exensive than the Yahoo, but now portable and only have to listen to what I want.

<div><div id="zunecard_big" class="zunecard"></div><div><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://zcards.zune.net/xweb/lx/swf/zunecard.swf" style="" id="flashUserCard" name="flashUserCard" bgcolor="#FFF" wmode="opaque" salign="tl" flashvars="baseURL=http%3a%2f%2fzcards.zune.net%2fzcard%2fusercardservice.ashx%3flcid%3d1033%26src%3dexternal%26zunetag%3dELpollacko" height="260" width="548"></div><div></div></div>

10. jchav62

jchav62

Musica Nuevo Mexicana... I like oldies too when I'm working... I listen to almost everything.. Rockabilly, classic rock, old school rap, classic country, tejeno, mexican...

Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  11. Bernardarama

Bernardarama

coast to coast am 590 then its on to mostly punk rock and hardcore blood for blood highway murders black flag just punk hardcore or even some thrash

12. 59 flamezz

59 flamezz

Sirius satellite 27, HARD ATTACK. I love Metal when im working with metal.

13. vintagered13

vintagered13

Clutch, Tool, Big Sandy, Reverend Horton Heat, Jet Weston, Charlie Feathers, Legendary Shack Shakers to name a few.

14. Rich1028

Rich1028

well seeing I'm in Michigan
    got to have some bob seger,kid rock,grand funk railroad.
    rock'n roll,and sometimes johnny cash,and hank williams jr.

15. Charlie Feathers rules, not alot of people know that.

16. KATFISH

KATFISH

Social Distortion
    Fred Eaglesmith

17. Pends on what kinda mood I'm in. I hate the boner-juice re-run commercials and those fuckin lame ass real-estate dick-weeds can just kiss my ass. I change channels a lot trying to find new shit to listen to as I'm in the shop a lot. In the car shop part of the building I have a C-D player and I can choose a lot more. Led Zep,Stevie Ray,BR-549,Asleep at the Wheel,Bob Wills,Ray Charles,etc. I like the car shop a lot better than the engine room were we have only radio. In this area the station of choice is 107.3 the ROAD, Rob and JT are cool ass dudes and when we show at Starbirds they always dig my rides. But my favorite sound would be a 13.5 to 1 small block on the test stand>>>>.

18. junkcad

junkcad
    from nashville

Black Label Society
    the misfits
    apocalyptica
    3 days grace
    ozzy
    pride & glory
    various old gangsta rap

19. budd

budd

nothing, i turn the radio on and 5 min later i turn it off, i entertain myself with my own brain.

20. gasser1957

gasser1957

Russ Martin on the talk station. That guy has 2 Batmobiles a Starsky & Hutch Torino a speed racer mach 5, a General lee, a corvette And a viper truck. He's also opened up his own auto shop.
    Then when hes off the air. cds Eagles, Jimmy Buffet, Breaking Benjamin, Metalica,

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  21. The Dodge Guy

The Dodge Guy

Cusin just as loud as you can so youe neighbors think that you are crazy!

22. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

there's a great station I get some times ? out of fredericksburg texas 107.9 kfan
    you can here it on the computer all over the world .
    check it out they play some great stuff !

http://www.texasrebelradio.com/

23. 39sledge

39sledge

hair metal hail plowboy...

Tri-power37 likes this.
  24. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

My friend Matt, he won't ever shut his cake hole.

25. orphaneddie

orphaneddie

26. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

Hank, Tubb, Wills, Cash, Stanley, Monroe.

27. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

the cramps,supersuckers..sasquatch.social d.slayer,ramones.david lee roth,ted nugent,murphys law,all depends,

28. Metallica, Queensryche, Led Zep, Priest, Stevie Ray, Robert Cray, Buddy Guy, Hendrix etc. what we like to call "Traditional Metal" or Blues

When I was at the Street Rod Nats this year we made a banzai side trip to Jack Daniels and then fellow HAMB'er Harrison to get a trans and found the Hair Metal station on Sirius. Told the cat riding with me he could change the station as soon as they played a repeat - 12 hours on the road and no repeats! We didn't know that the Crue, Poison, Ratt and Cinderella had that many songs :eek:

Used to have to listen to the Punk Crap coming out of the kid next doors shop until I went over with a 10 lb. sledge and turned it off for him. He was real glad when I moved the shop :cool:

29. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

98.1 KVET (the "VET" stands for veteran BTW) for the best country on the radio in Austin... none of that soft corporate BS country....

The stereo in my '95 F150 has a USB stick in it with over 650 songs. I listen to either real classic country (merle, waylon, jerry jeff, hank sr., hank III etc)... or psychobilly (the cramps, zombie ghost train, the chop tops, the saddle tramps etc) if I need a pick me up at 3am after wrenching for 12+ hours...

Slightly off topic... but there's always an ice cold Lone Star nearby while wrenching and listening to said music...

30. Oh yeah, an' some Patsy Cline, Hank Thompson, "Snowman" Jerry Reed, Flatt & Scruggs, Tony Taylor, & lots of good ol' western swing. When the urge comes to watch something it's oldtime NASCAR tapes with Cale, the Alabama Gang (Neil, Bobby, Donnie), David (the greatest) Pearson, Jaws, Ironhead Earnhardt, Awesome Bill , the King & Handsome Harry Gant from when racin' was racin'.