Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Columbus GoodGuys Photos of Cars and People

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Jul 14, 2008.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Saturday can be found here
    http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y1...all&special_track=album_paginate_top_view_all

and Sunday can be found here.
    http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y1...all&special_track=album_paginate_top_view_all

For those that didn't return to the fairgrounds on Sunday, you actually missed the better of the two days. Completely blue skies and sunshine after 10am, mild temps, no humidity, far less crowds, cars and any place your heart desired to park. I was one of the very last to pull out of the fairgrounds after 5pm on Sunday. I just didn't want to leave.

Once again it was wonderful to see old friends and to make some new ones....especially my new best friend from PA.:D If everything turns out as planned, the stainless beltline passenger door trim piece that I have been looking for for seven years is on it's way. Will update with photos after it arrives.

Next stop Salina, KS :cool:

2. wvenfield

wvenfield

WHAT? No full write up? I saw this, popped a beer, kicked my feet up and expected to read the full write up?

You've spoiled us on your coverage. :D

3. Check the windshield on this 40, the center post is like a convertible, nice touch...
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Not like a convertible, it was one.:D
    The '40 was built by HAMB member Roadstar a few years ago. My Dad bought it from him, drove it for awhile then sold it to one of Gary Meaders TX pals who then sold it to Gary who has been driving the wheels off it ever since.

It's hard to tell in the photos but the drip rails were extended and so was the bottom of the doors. Lots of little touches done right.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008

5. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

'Roadstar' had one just like it too..:D

CC

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I guess since I don't get to see him much any more I'm forgetting how to spell his name.:p

Missed seeing you last weekend.

7. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Dang. I missed the M&G for the 2nd straight year. I looked at my phone at 12:42
    I was with UPSrodder, Lost1, so they missed it too.

But we were on the opposite side of the grounds, and for anyone who hasn't been to Columbus GG's...That's like 10 miles away:D

I saw and talked to lots of HAMBers, saw some in the distance, in passing, but it's hard to catch everyone.

We had a great time, rain and all.

8. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Nice stuff Denise ( Do you ever stay home ) Really like that 55 2 door wagon. See ya on the 24th. Gary

9. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

10. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

thanks for the pic denise..

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Someone just spent some time cruzn through my Photobucket:rolleyes::D

There's a better shot of that front end in the rain, this one. It was taken last Saturday night by Lori, Mrs Corn Fed, while we were cruzn around Columbus in the rain. She's certainly got a great eye.
    [​IMG]

12. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Denise,

I wasn't there Saturday and had planned on not going at all until an unbelievable act of kindness from a fellow HAMBer came up. I ended up not only there, but I was able to drive my coupe. This was the first real road trip for it. I'm happily able to report that I drove there and back with NO issues what-so-ever!

Once we got there, we found Stevo and hung out with him until he had to leave. After Stevo left, me and my buddy Dave spent the rest of the day wandering around in a much less crowded fairgrounds looking at some VERY nice cars. Yeah, we prolly missed looking at some nice cars and we did see some that left us scratching our heads, but it was all good.

We parked next to the Rhodes Building in the shade even. We were parked across the sidewalk from the Cheetah and still managed to not see you.

We left around 2:30-45 and was able to get out without any problem as far as dealing with a mass exodus. It was a great day for me. My first national event to drive into, great weather, great cars and great friends.

Next trip is to Louisville now that the coupe has proven itself roadworthy.

Vance

13. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

HRLC,
    Thanks for the pics. I'll post/send ya what we took. We had a great time hanging out with your gang. Looking forward to next month.

14. HotRodDriver

HotRodDriver
    from Oklahoma

It's been years since I was in Des Moines but your photos sure show a great side of that fairgrounds. Thank you for sharing the great pictures. I miss the commentary but certainly understand your need to have a life outside the HAMB.

Rod

15. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Great pictures thanks for posting.....Now where can I find your instructions for posting pictures? Thanks Duane

16. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

I think these photo's were taken in Ohio, not Iowa? Stu

17. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Yes, these pictures in this link are from Columbus this past weekend.

Another good weekend, life is good.:D

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The following might look overwhelming but once you read over it, print it, then start, you'll fly thru the process.

I use a place called Photobucket.com It's free, unless you go over their monthly allowance but we won't even worry about that right now. The nice thing about photobucket is they "resize" the photo for you so if there are size requirements on the website you want to post your images on, you don't have to resize the photos first.

First step, go to Photobucket and register. This gives you a blank album AND in that album you can create sub-albums. This is an important step to stay organized. I've been using this site for about 4 years and I wasn't organized at first and it was tough keeping everything straight and finding photos after awhile, so learn from my mistake. For example, lets just say you have two cars, a Ford and a Chevy. Create a separate sub-album for each car, or like I do, each event I attend. OR lets say you want to do a tech piece on rebuilding a trans, label an album with "Trans Rebuild" and put all the photos in there for easy access and reference later.

Once you've titled your sub-album, click on it so this exact sub-album is the one the photos are going to upload to this time.

Now your ready to upload a few photos. See the words "use our bulk uploader" in blue located about in the middle of your screen? Click on that, it gives you access to your photo folders on your hard drive. Double click on the folder of photos you want to open. See how they are all showing on the right of the page? To select a photo click on it ONCE and it will show up on the bottom. If you change your mind and don't want it chosen click on the photo again and it will disappear. Check mark next to the photo means you've selected it, plus sign means you have not selected it.

After you've chosen a number of photos that you want to upload to this specific album then hit the big green "Upload" on the right. You can watch it upload each photo. You will then get a new screen that shows all the photos that you've just uploaded. If you want to lable the photos you can do that here, if not, skip this step.....I usually skip it. Once completed, all those photos that you choose will be in your photobucket album.

Now you are ready to post some photos on this site. But before we start that I want to make sure your photos are going to post in a message board size. Look up where you see the top "browse" word. Right above that and to the left alittle is the word "option" in blue. Click on that. It will give you options in the size that your photos will post. You want to make sure you chose "message board" as your image size. This will give you a nice large photo without being too big where you have to scroll back and forth to view it.

Now open up your sub-album. See the 4 lines of text underneath each photo? You are going to COPY the last one labled "IMG Code". If you left click on it right at the very begining, it copies it without having to right click an draw you mouse across. If you do have to drag your mouse to copy it make sure you copy the whole image tag. If you leave off even one character, it won't work.

Now come over to the post you're making here on the HAMB Start your thread, type in your text then hit ENTER so your on the next line, then right click and hit paste. The whole image tag will appear. Now hit enter again so your on the next line and either type more text or copy and paste another image. You can post a number of images and all the text you want.

Most of the sites I'm familiar with allow 20 images per post BUT you can always reply to your own thread and make another post with more images. Smilies usually count for an image.

Under no circumstances should you ever delete any of the photos you have in Photobucket, if you have posted those photos somewhere on the internet. If you move or delete an image this breaks the link to the photo on the website you pasted the img tags to and everyone will then see a big red x.

Using Photobucket.com is free to use AND does not cost the site you're posting the photos to any additional costs for extra bandwidth usage. Kinda like something for free.:D If you go way over the allotted bandwidth they then want you to pay. I went a couple of years before I started paying, so don't even worry about that now. I have over 15,000 photos on just one of my accounts there AND they still only charge me $20 PER YEAR! ;)

Feel free to ask questions or to practice posting photos in teh Question and Answer area here on the HAMB.

If you still have trouble after thrying this feel free to PM me and I can walk you though it over the phone.

[​IMG]

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

He might have also looked at the DesMoines event coverage which is in the same "sub album"....2008

20. booboo

booboo
    1. oHIo

so lets see you post a pic of cookies but didnt bring them to the meet and greet????

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

CORRECTION, I did not post a photo of cookies....he dragged them up from another album and posted.

22. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

So this 40 was a convert and the owner added the top from a coupe? Why?

23. CADILLAC AL

CADILLAC AL
    1. oHIo

Denise,
    Thanks for coming down to our show this weekend, I've been looking forward to meeting you. Glad to see that a little rain doesn't effect your smile. Our club (We Bee It Cruisers) are up at 3 there by 4 & have the gates open at 5 every year in an effort to get all 6000+ cars in smoothly & we have a great time at it too. (Have you met the Bee?)
    Thanks also for the pics with me ,the Chief & my Rocky Mtn. girl.
    As always great coverage & perfect pics. The Big Olds wet nose is suitable for framing.
    Hoping to see you again down the road (Norwalk?)
    Your humble servent;)
    Cadillac Al:cool:

24. HotRodDriver

HotRodDriver
    from Oklahoma

Well, duh. I guess I've been out in the heat too long. I did go to Columbus once back in the 80's - which tells you the other problem, I'm old!

Rod

25. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Thanks for the photos, Denise - Looked like another good weekend!

I think it's the other way around - added the convert windshield/frame to the coupe.

Malcolm

26. phat rat

phat rat

No he just made the windshield split like the convert.

27. booboo

booboo
    1. oHIo

Denise , sorry for the mix up

28. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

I had some of my wife's with me Sunday...

Vance

29. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Vance ........... Sure like to get some of them choc chips again

30. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

What Phat Rat said.;)

I was kinda thinking you'd be there with your wife's cookies on Saturday.
    Congrats on the maiden voyage, looking forward to seeing you more often now around the midwest.