Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT/ Can a man still build a Hot Rod with a Colonostopy Bag?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by customcory, Jul 14, 2008.

1. customcory

customcory

Thanks Don, good advice. Theres a lot of questions that I haven't thought about and that is a good one to bring up, like placement of the bag. Thats a nice F-100 by the way!:D

2. FuelFC

FuelFC

Like I told you Cory hit it straight on. And have a sense of humor as you can.

And you have the words of inspiration from Basketball Coach Jim Valvano in your home state to look back on. Never, ever give up!

Now go and find a damned Krystal burger for me while you have an appetite or a good Slaw burger!

3. c1run1

c1run1
    from TRNJ

Cory ,
    good luck and God bless , where there's a will there's a way right ?
    anyway I'll drop ya 40.00 bucks to help out if you send me your paypal email , Just because your going to need alot of things and every little bit helps . And i'll be first to challenge other Hamers to donate .
    And i don't want anything in return so don't ask

4. Dirty2

Dirty2

Prayers up for you bro . Keep positve about it and remember you have friends here . Danny

5. redhumphries

redhumphries

ever been to a local car show around here or lake lure and seen a yellow 39 ford conv it would be Dallas Talbert he has had a bag for alot of years had to have it replaced this past year the connection that is he and helen his wife have probably been to more car shows than anyone I know he restored pedal cars now for a hobby but the bag never stopped him. Watch what you eat do like the doctor says and really enjoy yourself. Oh yeah dallas just had his 78th birthday RED

6. customcory

customcory

Hey c1run1, you dont have to send any money my man, I feel funny taking money from people without giving something back. Your heart is definitely in the right place and it made me a little emotional reading it! You guys dont worry about that, I will get thru it money wise, things always seem to work out!You guys are beautiful!:D

7. Cory: Sent ya a PM...if ya want to come to Charlotte for a 2nd opinion ,I put some contact info in the PM...CDHA has some of the best Drs. around

Stan

8. c1run1

c1run1
    from TRNJ

Cory really man ,
    don't feel funny your going through some tuff shit , Just PM me your info
    ;)

9. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

corey..
    the mind is a powerful thing.....if you decide you can do something, you will do it...
    including working on cars.......having such support from your hamb brothers will definitely help you get through this,,,on a personal note,,i love the renderings you did for me of my shoebox,,,,your drawings were such an inspiration to me and reminded me to think outside the box even more than i usually do,,,,the fact that you took the time to do them, and actually sent me the ORIGINAL means a LOT to me. I show everyone that comes to my shop your drawing..Im proud to call you a friend and am so thankful for the hamb for providing us with this forum,,,i've made many great friends here,,,people that actually understand what you are talking about when it comes to kustoms & hot rods because they are on the same wavelength. please don't hesitate to ask if there is anything i can ever do for you. you will be in my thoughts and prayers......you WILL get through this.

10. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

Hey buddy, my prayers are with you! I just looked on that website your artwork is on. Awesome stuff! It sound like you have good additude, keep it up!
    Del

11. customcory

customcory

Hey delswanson, that means alot coming from you as I have always admired your work!And Kustom777, what you said , right back at ya. Your old shoebox was talking to me that day I drew that stuff up. And by the way, it looks killer sectioned!Thanks guys!:D

12. Cshabang

Cshabang

hey man...Sending them up to the big guy for you...Stay strong, we're all pulling for you...don't let anything stop you from doing what you love...

13. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

People have been building cars that look like Colonostopy bags for years...

Your way should be way easier... :) :) :)

Good luck!

14. Custom54

Custom54

Stay positive it will be ok. My dad has had one for about 5 years, you wouldn't even know it.

15. dmc3113

dmc3113

Cory I had about two and half feet of my colon removed in late Dec. '07. Since I am 62 years old I didn't recover as quickly as I wanted but now I feel fine. I was blessed not to have had cancer but it was close. I live near Greenville, SC. I had an excellent surgeon that answered all of my questions without any hesitations. If you want to get a second opinion PM me and I will be happy to give you his name.

Danny

16. customcory

customcory

All you guys that have been PM ing me and putting out your comments have got me thru tonight and I'm going to bed to rest up for the big day tomorrow. Dont stop with the positive vibes and I will look again in the morning before I head out and go to the hospital. I didn't know this would help so much! There are some good people on here! My symptoms started out like a bad case of hemmrhiods, which I thought it was. The doctor said it was probably in my genes and I couldn't have avoided it.If you guys have trouble pooping, and are getting up there in years , go have it checked out!:D See yall' tomorrow!

17. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

i have chrons and im missin about 2.5' total of intestin..

my thoughts go out to you, the bag may be in my future as well one day..

ANYTHING is possible, i pray you have a good wife and family for support, if not, call me sometime! as gay as it sounds.. pm me if interested.. a man needs friends

18. Dan Warner

Dan Warner
    from so cal

Robbie Cohn works on and drives his Monza at Bonneville and El Mirage in excess of 220 MPH. Robbie has been bagged for several years.

DW

19. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Cory,

You have found many other H.A.M.B'ers here offer up their support, and some of their own personal stories of how they have overcome the same affliction you are now facing.

Now one really knows how you feel, because each person is an individual and handles their situation differently. But rest assured, the people here on the H.A.M.B are truely concerned about your well being.

Last March when I was diagnosed with the Big "C", people I have never met in person offered their support and prayers. It must have worked. Today I had another CT and PET scan done to see how well treatment has been. I'll know tomorrow when I go in for my Chemo, and meet with the Dr. I'll find out how sucessful treatment has been for me so far. (Hopefully only two more months)

What you have said today and tonight has said alot about you, and that is, it's what a man is made of, is what counts.

Well.....You've got what it takes. The Ole Good Lord will never place a bigger load on your shoulders than you can bear, so I for one believe everything will work out for you.

Because we are pretty much a large family here, please keep us posted when you can on how you're doing. We are concerned for you.

Take care, and best wishes.

HellRaiser

20. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

To quote Larry the Cable Guy: "that's some funny shit, there"!
    (pun intended)

:D:D:D

21. Dude, I'll be praying for you tomorrow. Good luck. Mike

22. farm boy

farm boy
    from reedley

Hey Cory;
    Like they said , you've allready got er whiped. Attitued is everything, A little prayer now and then don't hurt either. In 2005 was diagnosed with PMP (a cancer that starts in the appendics and works it's way into the abbs) aug. '06 flew to baltimore, St. Agnes hospital, they removed 12.5 lbs of tummor from my tummy area.
    They told me to expect a bag, didn't know what to think, how could I swim, (my other love, besides hot rods). I too, have a need to finish all my cars before my time is up.
    When I awoke from surgery....no bag. doc said, we're gonna wait awhile on you..........BUT.........
    Fear not brother, People sky dive, scuba dive, surf, swim, ski, work on hot rods, etc.
    I was schooled by many people at the hospital before my surgery and these people said they hit the deck running and never missed a beat. sorry for ramblin on
    anyway you'll be in my thoughts brother, Keep us posted, OLY

The cancer car lives
    Give to cancer research

23. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Cory
    HANG Tuff!

Keep postive and ye shall overcome

I truly believe that.
    Were pulling for ya up in Palookaville!

24. cretin

cretin

One of my good buddy fathers has a bag and it hasn't stopped him. He doesn't build cars, but I did go water skiing with him a few weeks ago. I think if he can do that you should have no problem building cars. Good luck with your surgery.

25. Sorry to hear man. But to the original question,,,, I've never used a colostomy bag to build a car, I prefer wrenches. :-D

26. You can get through this, and will be fine.

A friend had one years ago, and it was his only weapon when he was getting mugged by a bunch of guys.

Shit splattered on them made them run off right quick.

I'm not saying a bag is better than your butt, but when it comes to that, there is a little +1 in the bag column.

Good luck to you, and I hope all fares well in your treatment.

27. breederswife

breederswife

I am really sorry to hear your news. You couldn't have a better place to get your questions answered and to call in a few extra prayers than right here. A lot of great guys and gals with personal counts of similar situations and the grace of God to pass on to you. I have had a lot of the same kind of cancer in my family and you would never know that they had to live any other way they did than the day they were born. Good luck and God Bless you.

28. belair

belair

Cory-so much good advice here I would just be redundant-but-I will pray for you, and remind you that these are the times that faith is given to us. Spend it now. And, on the bright side, if you do "get bagged" and some one says "look at that asshole", you'll know they're not talking about YOU! God bless.

29. Colostomy Rods. :rolleyes:
    The latest trend.

Actually,it should be Colostomy Rodz(tm)

On a magazine stand near you.
    Complete with shitty spelling.

30. customcory

customcory

Well guys, the prayers must have worked! All the doctors are saying that my scans and pathology and blood work looks good. The two pollops they took out were non-cancerous! My lymph nodes look good.The cancer has not spread anywhere! All thats left to deal with is cutting the tumor out and getting radiation and chemo after I'm healed up. Still got to get bagged and there is no way out of it, but thanks to you HAMBers, that part has been a lot easier to handle, I have accepted my situation!
    My wife and kids could not believe all you guys out there were concerned enough to give me the advice and encouragement you did. I told them that they now know what a big family the hot rod family is, and how much they care. I ALREADY KNEW THAT!
    So, this will be all I'll say about it, because I plan on a happy ending to this story.:D
    I promise not to bring up another OT like this again, and maybe it got some of you to think about your own situation.
    Once again, you guys are the BEST!;)