Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Asphalt Invitational 2008..Photo Extravaganza

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SEISXSEISXSEISX, Jul 12, 2008.

1. I had a GREAT time today!

We finished Tim's "tradish" '40 convertable at 2 a.m. this morning. I've been working 10-14 hour days on it to get it going for the show. It turned out cool!

(We still have to fill those big holes in the fenders and put the front bumper on)
    [​IMG]

I also drug my Triumph out... not running, yet. We should be able to get it running by the end of the week. I can't wait!

[​IMG]

I special THANK YOU to Steve Caballero for the gift... you rock man.

And an extra special THANK YOU to Jay Ward... Mr. Campbell would be proud, cupcake.

Sam.

2. Sam, your Triumph is great.

3. Boones -- That T is the real deal. It was a coupe with a lift-off roof, look for it in the last Paso coverage. It's since had its roof sliced off and the hood added. Runs a hot little Toyota, great workmanship, lots of bitchen parts and pieces, really a cool car.

4. ROCKET303

ROCKET303

666 Great Job !!!! All those pics are nice I think you cover it except....
    Were are the Pics of the Very Fine Ladies????
    signed,
    Tio Creepy

5. Big Dirty

Big Dirty

The '27 T is Matt's from Seret Hot Rods and Customs in Vallejo. The roadster actually started out as a coupe.

6. Heres one from another thread..."someone,somewhere is tired of her shit...."

Attached Files:

ROCKET303 likes this.
  7. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Is this one of those reprodcution steel 27 roadster bodies

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  8. Great pics of great cars at a great show!!

Thank you for sharing...

Joel

9. Chuck R

Chuck R

Jay you and the Vultures put on an awesome show. We had a great day at the Asphalt Inv. Lots of cool people and great cars. I really enjoyed the entertainment.
    See you soon
    chuck

ROCKET303 likes this.
  10. ROCKET303

ROCKET303

HA HA HA THAT'S WHAT I SAID !!!!! AND i SAY IT AGAIN !!!!

SEE WAS WORTH LOOKIN' AT THAT'S FOR SURE.... bUT SHE KNEW IT...
    I THINK SHE STARTS 12TH GRADE THIS YEAR! HAHAHA

Everyboduy Loves Puppies and Kittens

11. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

A big THANK YOU to everybody who came out and supported the show again this year! You guys make it worth doing, cause it is a pain to put on a car show!!! :D

Hope everybody had a blast, and I apologize for the how being down in numbers a bit this year. I think gas prices, and me not getting out to as many shows to invite cars was part of it. The invite-only thing is hard, but it really keeps the qualilty up, so we do it.

Thanks again everybody... and thanks for the pix as always, 666- Your coverage of the show is awesome.
    And nice meeting you to put a HAMB name with a face!!

jay

12. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Sure looks like it. They are being done by ShadowRods here in Saginaw, Michigan, owned by Jon Hall. I heard there was one on the west coast that was finished and driving. From what I hear they didn't paint it so they could test the finish that Jon puts on the metal that is supposed to supress rust. If you've ever seen a stock bodied '27 T hot rod you can't miss one of his. They are about the most roomy bodies out there as opposed to the tiny confines of a stock T. This was the very reason he spent the money to do this body.

Frank

13. NOTCH

NOTCH

Well, I had a great fuckin time at the show and the cars and bike's were Bitchin!
    less is more.
    Quality not Quantity!
    I'm still hung over from all the booze!! and couldnt make the Stangers show today.
    Thats what happens, right
    Anyway, Bitchin Show!!! Thanks

14. Yeah,it was good to meet you too.Thanks again for introducing me(sorta)to Mike..and for the awesome show...Sparky's is on me next time:D

15. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

That is a repro body. Its built to be a bit bigger than the original 27. Zane from Creative Concepts owns that car. He drove it all over, including Canada within the first few months of the build. I went to his shop a few months back and I was checking it out, then he goes "Dude, take it for a spin". WHAT!!! :eek::eek: That day was better than Christmas. Its got a SBC. The thing runs and stops great. Zane built the roadster real solid. Hes a stand up guy.

Rob

16. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Great show, and great people. Dave, send me that link to the camera dudeeeeee.

17. Yep, another successful show. Great hanging out with old friends and meeting new ones. Great coverage guys. I took a lot of pics, but you covered it all.

Mike

18. Sorry Scott....sun got to me...

I'll look it up now & PM ya

19. 65 impala

65 impala

great pics cant get enough the more the better

20. OK, I'll post. Some you've seen already, some you haven't.

Mike

More here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

We had a blast driving to the show, The day of and all the way home. Thanks for having us . Notch Sammy and I shoehorned ourselves into my coupe al the way to Alameda. We got some world class stares on the freeway. 600 lbs of carne asada in a 2000 lbs car.

22. ROCKET303

ROCKET303

23. I miss this show.