Register now to get rid of these ads!

Best paint on sandblasted frame

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KANE MCAFFER, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Working Class Zero

Working Class Zero

Ok, keep in mind this is a rat style build.......
    I sandblasted mt 1949 chevy frame. I went with a coal tar epoxy. Can I put a top coat on that to make it even tougher? I have some por15 chassis coat layin around and was thinking of sloppin that on top. Partly because the coal tar is not sunlight resistant and the por15 is. The por 15 is also an original gm semi gloss black color which I like. The Coal tar is gloss (gross). I know I'm probably goin overboard, but I have the car apart and might as well do it right. I do live on the west coast of Canada where it rains always and this will be a daily driver. Any advice appreciated.

2. RoadkillCustoms

RoadkillCustoms
    from Mesa, AZ

How much sunlight do you expect your frame to get?

3. The Dodge Guy

The Dodge Guy

I f you brush that por 15 it gives it a real nice look. You might try it on a place that isn't seen to see if you would like it! Good luck!

4. I'm on the other coast and I blasted my 52 frame and used expoxy black and then topcoated with Homehardware rust paint 3/4 flat to 1/4 gloss mixture for a nice stain look