Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pictures of the two 56 Fords I bought

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by crashfarmer, Jul 13, 2008.

1. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Here are some pictures of the 1956 Fords I agreed to buy last week. I went over and paid for them today. The front fenders are all in pretty good shape. I had looked at these same cars twelve years ago and I wanted to buy them at that time but I just couldn't swing the deal at that time. I bought them now for almost half of the price they wanted at that time! The four door has a 292 Thunderbird 4-barrel engine with a duel exhaust and it has a title. The two door is a six and I got a bill of sale with it.

Attached Files:

2. The Dodge Guy

The Dodge Guy

Hey nice find!!!

3. scrape

scrape

ill always liked those......
    good find.......

4. James427

James427
    BANNED

Shame that they had to sit in the field all of those years.

5. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

The two door has been sitting in the field for a lot of years. The four door has been driven within the last two years but it has not seen much use for many years. I think they are in pretty amazing shape.

6. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Maybe if I would have waited 12 more years to divorce my wife, I could have paid half the alimony. But then I would have had to live with her for 12 more years...

7. Clean that 4dr up a little and go cruise with it, what the heck.

8. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

:DWould it have been worth it?:D

I've thought about that. I haven't driven a 56 Ford in twelve years. That car was owned by the guy that owned these cars at the time. I guess he is in prison now. It was his wife that I bought the cars from.

9. They are a good car. I have owned several 55 and 56 fords over the years. We sold 3 56,s and 1 55 two all two door post 3 years ago so we could pay cash for our house. I still have a 55 2 door wagon. That Four door you have has a holley stack four carb also sometimes called a tea pot carb. when they are in good shape they work very well. the dizzy has dual vacuum advances also. I would clean it up and drive it. That 2 dr you have would make a neat gasser:eek:. Dont see how you cuold go wrong on this deal. OldWolf:cool: