Register now to get rid of these ads!

38 Dodge coupe find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mercjoe, Jul 13, 2008.

1. mercjoe

mercjoe

Isnt it beautiful ?!? asking price $8000 us dollars. Not a bargain but totally reasonable.

Anybody knows how much difficult is to find parts for this things ?

Diego

Attached Files:

2. Harris

Harris

Don't have any first hand experience with those - but I'd imagine finding the parts wound be a b!tch

3. mercjoe

mercjoe

Yeah, I guessed so. Anyways isnt it great ? its a rare piece..., at least for me.

4. C-1-PW

C-1-PW

Looks real nice, and solid, too. Great find.
    What are your plans? It has a neat patina that I would hesitate messing up with paint.

5. mercjoe

mercjoe

Hey C-1,

No plans really. Just thinking if its worth buying it .
    Though it is totally complete I bet getting parts for it would be a nightmare.

You are right, I also love it just the way it is.

D.

6. The Dodge Guy

The Dodge Guy

Cool car good luck with getting it back on the road!

7. C-1-PW

C-1-PW

8 grand sounds high. If your shopping, I'd do some research (ebay, Hemmings, etc) to find comperable cars and their sale prices.

Does it run, stop, decent interior? For the asking price I would expect it to operate as nicely as it looks.

Here in the states, many of the most common replacement parts are still available through Roberts Motor Parts, and Vintage Power Wagons. Do you know what engine is in it. If its a 218 or 230 flathead six, engine parts are pretty common . . . but that is here is here in the U.S.

Still, a neat old Dodge!

8. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I saw a 38 at Back to the 50's in gloss black. It was one sweet ride. He had recessed the grill by about a 1/2" somehow, it was very cool. But, it's gonna be a bitch finding parts. Even harder in South America.

9. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

i haven't had one of those, or shopped for one but, 8k seems a little steep, unless it's a driver? could be wrong..

10. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Finding parts will depend on which parts your looking for. Drive train stuff should be findable, at least here in the states. Body parts will be a very different story. Front sheet metal is 38 only and Dodge & Chrysler only. Though some patch pannels are available, they are a bit pricey.

At that price I would expect it to run, drive, stop, and have the required paper work. That price is borderline premiem for that car. Gene

11. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

It's a nice find and solid looking but I'd agree 8 grand is a lot...especially when I just read you bought a 34 sedan for $200. Put the 8 grand into the 34 and be driving it!

12. choptop4

choptop4

Well , I bought mine it 1972 for $320.It looks about the same!I am stating on it this fall.(it's about time)And parts are hard to find.Good luck if you get it.

13. i believe that with a little work you could put enuf ford or chevy parts on it so that the hard job of finding dodge stuff would go away

14. skyrodder

skyrodder

painted and slammed to the ground... Done

15. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

I think 8k may be alright for your area- something like that in the US would go for 5k or so. If you bought in the US you would have to ship and all that stuff. Parts are pretty easy but it's no Ford or Chevy so they are pricey. If you buy it feel free to pm me and I will try to help you out....

16. mercjoe

mercjoe

The car is 99% original and running. Dont know what engine, etc. It had just 2 owners.

I'll try to get it for less, if not possible and like "Hot Rods Ta Hell" said I'll invest half that money on the 34' and be driving it.

Im still waiting for some ideas for the Tudor =) . Anybody knows anything about this orange oxide one ? http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278754

Thanks guys
    D.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  17. skidsteer

skidsteer

Not many aftermarket reproduction parts, however Dodges share a lot of parts with Plymouth, Chrysler, and DeSoto, so search for those makes as well.