Register now to get rid of these ads!

*****Cowboy Bob's Hamb Gas Rail Stolen in Tulsa

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2b-banjo, Jul 11, 2008.

1. jlouie

jlouie

i'll keep an eye out here in MO on the major highways as much as possible.

2. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

Man I can't get over how much of this crap is going on....More and more....This just sucks!!!!

3. 31whitey

31whitey

good luck

hoping for a safe return

4. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

I know the admin doesn't like posts advocating violence but somebody needs to be made an example of soon. The police can only take a report and go back to the hard job. Stealing a high profile car from a motel requires some planning and a place to go hide quickly. It also takes a buyer that knows what he's buying (nobody on here would ever buy hot parts, right?)

Dateline:Tulsa, OK
    "Several thugs were found buried up to their eyeballs in a large fire ant mound on the edge of the I-44 this morning..."

5. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2b....i need a close side shot of the car..... imma post it up in wayland at the restaurant, and the gas stations....its right off the interstate so maybe......cock suckers, i hope when they unload it, it rolls over them all , killin them and there soon to be POS off spring!

6. Greezy

Greezy

Man that is just sad...this stuff is getting more frequent, and blatant.

7. Gerg

Gerg

This is bullshit I drooled over that car plenty when the snow was flying this year and haven't gotten to even see it run yet!

Hope it's found in one piece!

8. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

takes balls, hang'em high

9. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

I would be willing to bet it is still in the area. Or they switched it to an enclosed trailer.

Hope they catch the bastards before it gets parted out. Watch e-bay and Craigslist for flathead hot rod engine and or parts.

Sounds like we need some folks patroling the lots at Joplin overnight, I'll take my turn.

10. YBlockCruizer

YBlockCruizer

Will be alert in Broken Arrow!!!!

11. MoKanMan

MoKanMan
    from Joplin, MO

If you race in Tulsa, DON'T stay at the hotels on North Garnett.

Over the years, a bunch of race cars have been lost from those hotels. If they don't take the whole rig, they rip the hood off and take parts off the engine. I do a couple of CDRA events a year at Tulsa, and I encourage everyone to stay in Owasso, or the hotels at the airport.

In 1994, I was working at the track in Tulsa and a Missouri racer lost his entire rig on a Sunday night from what is now the Ramada on North Garnett. He stayed in Tulsa and started his own investigation. He made a contact and paid some money and was told a few days later where his car was. By this time he was back in Missouri. He called the Tulsa PD and gave them the address, they REFUSED to go look!

He drove down himself, but by the time he got there, the car had been stripped.

I'd say in this case they were after the four wheeler.

But again, if you race in Tulsa DO NOT stay at the hotels around I-244 and Garnett.

12. 2b-banjo

2b-banjo

Please any Hambers in the Tulsa area please be on alert for any Flathead speed equipment or other parts that could of came off of this dragster let us know.

13. Kustomz

Kustomz

Got an info on the trailer or pics of the trailer closeup? Type of wheels on the trailer? They might try to part with trailer and not think anyone will notice.

14. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

It just pisses me off that this happened here. Please post a list like suggested before. There are a lot of places to be looking.

J.

15. Kustomz

Kustomz

Another thought does the hotel have security cameras? Might be worth checking into if you haven't already. Also how about posting a wanted ad for some flathead parts on Craigslist not letting on you are looking for stolen parts just to see if anyone takes the bait?

16. oldsman71

oldsman71

sorry ill keep an eye out in pittsburg,ks

17. Ramblur

Ramblur

I'll be contacting some non-hamb Tulsa friends tonight.Had a rash of trailer
    thefts here a year or so ago.They were just after trailers it seemed till they
    got one with a disassembled WWI plane inside. Local law put enough heat
    on that the trailer/plane were found abandoned

18. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

heres a pic 2b sent....also, dont recall if it was mentioned yet, but i recall bobs trailer havin a rail on the side in front of the axles that detatches, so he can pull the 4wheeler up on it!
    maybe thatll help in the search!
    [​IMG]

19. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

pipes are different then in that pic now....btw..

20. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Will be watching and listening in Florida! This whole car theft deal is making me reconsider going to a few events we had planned. That's really a bummer. Hope they find the scum that took it!!!

21. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

That SUCKS! Hopefully the power of the HAMB will help recover the items.

22. HotRodDriver

HotRodDriver
    from Oklahoma

Also there is Quik Trip across the street from that hotel. They probably have cameras too - open all night, might be worth checking.

Rod

23. 2b-banjo

2b-banjo

Good suggestion, but since you either have to pay with credit card at pump or prepay inside they removed them.

24. 2b-banjo

2b-banjo

I guess I was mis-informed, they do still have them, but are on there lot only.

25. Prop Strike

Prop Strike

Condolences for your loss. On the look-out down here. Hang-em high.

26. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

When I recovered my stolen car trailer a few years back, it was tracked to a guy that lives in tulsa.............ownes a slavage yard or family does and used to be a racer........always had the nicest stuff....go figure........ seems as tho he and his brother both raced. A guy here in town bought a 4 wheeler from this cat several years back.took it in to dealer to have work done fa few months ago found out it was stolen, from a delaership years back. guess who it was bought from ?????? same guy. seems to have many tracks leading to this cat. not pointin any fingers , just sayin what i found about my tulsa conection................... oh and the seller gave the buyer of the 4 wheeler his money back in cash when he got roughed up a bit. after buying the 4 wheeler 5 years later all this happened.

27. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

Fucking dirtbags. Eyes open up here.

28. moses

moses

will keep eyes open in this side of the mountains....jeffrey

29. 2b-banjo

2b-banjo

Cowboy Bob has just asked me to post this:
    He is offering a $1000 reward for any information leading to the return of his dragster, unharmed condition. His Cell phone #920-517-5995. Bob also lindicated that he is not interested in the prosecution of those involved, just wants to be able to take this car back to Wisconsin.

30. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

kool! i just made some flyers for the interstate gas stations and out place....does bob mind if i post that on the flyer?????