Register now to get rid of these ads!

A HAMB Jam?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chili Phil, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Lately there has been talk about playing some music when we HAMBers get together. Let's discuss the logistics of doing it. I have an accoustic bass guitar. And, of course a Fender bass and amp. Cruzr blows the blues harp. Prolly, there's hundreds of guitar pickers here. I bet that there's a drummer who can use brushes. This could be fun. What do ya think? Just for shits and giggles, no pressure.

And the colored girls go: doot da doot da doot da doot...

Your turn...

2. photofink

photofink

Im in for bass and maybe some guitar

3. Skrap metal

Skrap metal

i did'ent know that it was..doot da doot, thought it was always do da do!!!!
    when and where?

4. photofink

photofink

First of all : Whose house?

5. Skrap metal

Skrap metal

6. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Well... I'm in Oklahoma but if anything happens out this way and you need a piano/fiddle player I'm in. Played regionaly for about 25 years.

7. ttarver

ttarver
    from austin

Come to Austin and I'll play the old git-fiddle and sing!

8. I'm a drummer,but I don't have any drums anymore! Started when I was 10.

9. QQMOON

QQMOON

Shit ya can all come to my place but i guess it would just be easier if if came there

I cant carry a tune in a bucket but i carry that bucket with pride im Joe the singing janator.............

QQ

10. Burny

Burny

Phil, I just got my acoustic tuned to an open G. i'm down for some blues twangin'...

11. photofink

photofink

When did you end?

12. When I got married,cause I had no place to set them up,so I sold them.

13. Bob, I can bring a set of brushes and you can drum on a guitar case. I wish we could get GV Gordon in town. I dig Okie fiddle players, think Byron Berline. I know I spelled Byron's name wrong, but he owns the Double Stop Fiddle Shop in Guthrie. Fantastic player.

14. Ahhh, the People's Chord...

15. I also play the cowbell! Can't have enough cowbell, LOL!!!!!!

16. Cowbell player has to wear the mini skirt, Bob. Stick with the brushes on the guitar case.

For all our sake.

17. Mr. Creosote

Mr. Creosote

I can strum a G, C, and a D.. Even an A... Oh.. and an E... Im a bit north of y'all.. But I do need a vacation... Boy do I need a vacation.... Any accordian players out there?

18. Sounds like you are ready to play some country music, Creosote. Come on down. I'll buy some Chateau de Shlasseler.

19. hey bob...
    i've got a decent drummers kit if you wanna borrow anything...

20. Maybe this can happen at the parking lot of the host hotel during the pre race festivities the weekend of the HAMB Drags.

It would be cool to have ACE BROWN and his OHIO VALLEY BOYS there, but failing that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  21. I hope that's OK with the decent drummer, Mitch...

22. Slick50, that's a great idea. And you might get Ace Brown or some other fine pickers to come sit in.

The HAMB is more than the sum of its parts. Great traditional cars, the best pot luck BBQs and now good traditional music jamming.

23. photofink

photofink

I do in fact have a cowbell for someone to play but they gotta dress the part
    [​IMG]

24. smart ass.

25. ^^^^^Yeah, man. That's what we need, along with an accordian and 2 banjos. We'd be dodging rotten fruit for sure. LOL

26. Mr. Creosote

Mr. Creosote

Up here in the Bay Area if you play an accordian, you go to jail....

27. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I can play Bass and Drums..I have a bass rig but no drums.. I really would like to play
    drums and really want to buy a kit someday...I might be down...but it seems theres
    allot of bass players.... :D

28. in this case, one bass player is a lot.

29. you know what they say......"guitar players got the licks, but the bass players get the chicks"
    Something to do with rhythm, I think ;)

30. photofink

photofink

Alright...I'll play guitar. But only if its 50's and 60's instros (thats mostly what I know how to play on guitar)