Register now to get rid of these ads!

What type paint, Intake Manifold????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stewed, Jul 9, 2008.

1. I have the old Offenhauser four two intake I am putting on my Henry J and want to know what type of paint, or clear could I put on it that will not be effected by gas and other regular wear and tear. I blasted the powder coating that was put on it before I got it and can't decide weather to paint it or clear it but either way I don't want it to peel or tarnish like most aresol type paints!!!

Please help with type(Dupont) or whatever and hardener's or additive's.

Also may want to go with a wrinkle look any suggestions?????

Stewed!!!!!!!!!!

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

re powedercoat it clear.

3. flatheadjohn

flatheadjohn
    BANNED

Try Eastwood, they have a product out that's called I believe Crystal Clear, or Diamond Clear that is supposed to impervious to gas and oil. I don't know how well it works as I haven't used it but generally Eastwood's products are of good quality. I think you just brush it on after you've bead blasted an aluminum part. Hope this helps!

4. I had my Powdercoater do a color called BEADBLAST ALUMINUM, it is a satin looking powder that looks like freshly beadblasted AL. Resists heat, stain wash off, great stuff.