Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Get a Little Poon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tony Bones, Jul 7, 2008.

1. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

HA! i have a picture from a few years ago of some gal i don't even know licking the roof !!

yeah, i sort of have to work on it as i can, since it's my daily driver....little here, little there...now it's interior time...and new rear suspension set up as well....

2. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

thanks, but i'm certainly not being original on that one!! not sure where i saw it done, but i have seen a 60 poncho with buick bezels. I'd tossed around other options, but always came back the the buicks, then molded the chrome trim ring in to make em one piece....(thanks Sam for fixing the one i busted!!)

3. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

did you make the custom grille?

4. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

the grill is actually the original for the car. i just cut out every other bar to open it up a bit...i think it turned out pretty nice. subtle. all the body mods are done in a subtle way to keep the factory pontiac lines...but it's just enough that folks that know pontiacs can see the changes. molded the rear quarter trim, tunnelled and "frenched" the rear tail lights, deleted the reverse lights,,,,just little shit like that...

5. J CRUZ

J CRUZ

Looks super killer Harpoon. Amazing job. Give me a call.

6. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

I love mild/subtle customs. Floored me when I saw the frenched tailights, never thought they could look so damn cool.

had me fooled with the grill, looks 100% better then the factory one.

7. Conder

Conder

Fuckin' BEAUTIFUL!

8. kustombypook

kustombypook

That car is so cool I nearly shat my pants when I saw it.

9. UK Comet

UK Comet

Too much 'flake still aint enough!!
    Sh*t Hot!!!

10. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

now that's a hell of a compliment....i've seen your flake jobs tim!!!

11. KCsledz

KCsledz

12. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

What sort of effect is that out back. Looks like cobwebbing?? Awesome work.

13. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

YUP!! cobwebbing in all the body panels...that was a LAST minute decision by The HARPOON...as he found these OLD cans of laquer in the shop we were painting at....(hub city customs...go SAM!)

believe this... when he pulled out an ancient can of "rootbeer" laquer,,,sort of half smiled at me and said "trust me,,,your car WANTS cobwebbing"....i went into the house and was scared as hell at the thougth of "brown" on my car, ancient paint, cobwebs (which honestly i wasn't really familiar with) etc, etc,,,,

i couldn't be happier with the outcome!!! i've found it's best to let these artistic types do whatever the fuck they want. that's how i got this paint scheme. 3 years ago i told Poon i wanted a tangerine flaked roof (the body was a dark emerald green). i envisioned a solid orange roof....well....evidently cars "speak" to Harpoon....and the top is what the car wanted...chrome tape, tangerine faded lace panels...

Same for the body. i said i want green. that's as much info as i give him,,,and he just goes with it...

all this, and the fucker still knows how to fall off a patio at El Chupacabra here in seattle.....

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  14. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

a buddy just called me, he found a solid '60 2dr HT w/ rebuilt 283 2sp for $2500

fuck my life.

15. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Cool thread, the car is a piece of art, 'Poon is the man! Also kudos to SAM @ Hub City Customs!!!

[​IMG]

--mika

16. The Harpoon

The Harpoon

thanks for all the kudos everyone. I gotta give a big thanks to Swindler Sam from hubcity customs for the use of his shop and all his help, and to Eric for making this all possible and for letting me do what i do best.

everyone should have seen Erics face when i told him about the cobwebbs and showed him an example!

17. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

This car rules.....the paintwork is just awesome.

I was at the paint store today and there is a product by ALSA made just for cobwebbing....comes ready to spray....also many other new ALSA products that looked interesting, like dry flakes that weren't round, but long and skinny.

18. Swindler Sam, "Filthy Samchez", is a BAMF. He helped me chop my '50 Mercury sedan 8 years ago. Anytime I have any paint questions I call him, he is a ruler. He is also the meanest, craziest, SOB I have ever met.

19. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

agreed! Sam is a true RULER!!!

20. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

No shit. I didn't know Harpoon did cars too. I drool over all his threads over on the JJ, one day I'll be tht good. Not soon. But one day. :) Post more pics this car rules!

21. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

That car is POONTANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    never tired of looking at that car or Poon!

22. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

yeah, he's done his share of roofs, and obviously plenty of tanks, fenders, etc...but the pontiac was his first FULL car....kinda cool to have the "first"....

i'll see if i can dig you up some other pics. i have some pics of the flake process/progress from last year...and maybe some other full shots of the car.

i'm really bad with computer shit, especially resizing, so no guarantees!!! haha

23. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

and i never get tired of looking at you in your red pants!!!!

24. The Dodge Guy

The Dodge Guy

Very cool colors!

25. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

ok,,,hope this works...some random pics, and some of the actual painting stages...

1st pic...rolling to billetproof NW 2 weeks ago...
    2nd.... wider detail shot of the roof
    3rd..... solid custom mint mix flake!!! god knows how many pounds of flake are in the car..
    4th...... poon laying out the panels...
    5th.... holy shit that organic green candy is BRIGHT!!
    6th... what the webbing looks like when it goes on....and yeah, when i saw that I about shit myself.....in a bad way.... a few candy fades and clear took care of my bowel issues though....

hope that's what you were looking for Bill....

Attached Files:

26. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

you really gotta stop posting these photos... the gears in my head start turning and thats never a good thing...

27. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

bring an empty trailer to Hotrodarama and go home with a 60 hardtop.....

28. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Awesome. Thanks for the pics, I really dig it. No one is crazy enough around here to do that sort of thing. It almost sucks.

29. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

haha, you are a real bastard ya know that?

but hell, free is free I'd make the trip! :p

I'm trying to get my chevy electrical issues worked out so I can get down there, I don't think a new car is in my near-future.

30. mtlcutter

mtlcutter

Beautiful F@#cking POON!!!!! I am seriously hard for that poon. ( Fucking-A Nice Flake Man !!!)