Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Junior Brown in Dallas Saturday Night Anyone Going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by texag09, Jul 8, 2008.

1. texag09

texag09

Just wondering if anyone else was going to see Jr Brown at the Granada in Dallas this Saturday, thinking could maybe share a cab with parking and crime situation down there.

Should be a great show.

2. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

I'm going. Bought my tickets as soon as they announced his show. I'm in front row, behind the bar seats. First four seats on left center side of stage.

3. He goes off! He also looks like Billy Joel with a hat.

4. Wish I could go too....Have one on me. I just love Junior and Miss Tanya Rae...

As Vince Gill introduced him at the CMAs a few years ago " Here is perhaps the only man in the room making REAL Country Music...Junior Brown"....

5. chilimac

chilimac

Probably the most underrated guitarist around.I can't wait till he comes to Knoxville.

6. texag09

texag09

I got my tickets late didn't find out till they announced it on KHYI yesterday and the had like 9 tickets left when I got my 2. Girlfriend is not too excited but I can't wait.

7. Lost_N_Austin

Lost_N_Austin
    from Some Beach

Take someone else (me?) another girl perhaps.:D

I just saw him at Antone's in Austin and he was awsome. I've seen him before when he was not spot-on but still great. Tanya Ray was not performing with him when he was here a few weeks back.

I got his autograph and he signed it in about 1/4" tall letters. What's up with those business suits on Junior and the band?

Enjoy - L_N_A

8. texag09

texag09

My cuz lives in Austin and is on personal terms with him and said the dress and cleanliness of the band and stage is very important. He is suppose to be crazy OCD. My dad was at his show in Houston last fall and he flipped when a guy put his beer down on the edge of the stage.

Yea but the suits remind me of another wonderful band, Asleep at the Wheel.

9. Roothawg

Roothawg

Supposed to be here in OKC Friday night.

10. Dan1955

Dan1955

Saw him in Tulsa a little over a year ago. No boubt on the most under rated guitar players of our time. He is definatly a throw back to a better time in country, hillbilly music. This new stuff sucks. If you get a chance go, it's worth it.

11. fish3495

fish3495

Junior Brown is awsome. Go see him.

Rick

12. Johnnyzoom

Johnnyzoom
    from Florida

he flipped when a guy put his beer down on the edge of the stage.

Saw him years ago at outdoor venue in St. Pete Fl. He threatened to leave the stage if people didn't stop smoking "reefer". People thought he was joking, he wasn't!

If the guy demanded the audience stand on their heads for the show it'd be worth it, he's incredible.

13. Frank

Frank

I have only recently come to appreciate his work and I can say I REALLY dig it. I wish I had known sooner or I might have tried to get a ticket.

I understand he used to be the house band for the Kontinental. I'd sure love to see him be one of the bands at the Lonestar Roundup.

14. NC Bonez

NC Bonez

I seen him play in downtown Kingsport, TN last summer for free, it was incredible. That guy's got talent.

15. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

The show was awsome. The first warm up band was pretty good too. Local guys named "King Bucks" Second band sucked. But Junior gave an absolutely great performance. He broke out into some Ventures music and the place went wild.

16. texag09

texag09

It was a great show, first time to see him and I cant wait to see him again. Great venue as well.