Register now to get rid of these ads!

giving credit where credit's due

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DanCollins, Jul 8, 2008.

1. DanCollins

DanCollins

so don't get me wrong, I'm stoked on the rod & custom article about the singapore sling, the pics are top notch, and Tim wrote a really nice article about it. But I wanted to give credit where it's due, it doesn't come accross in the article, just how much Nick O Teen had to do with the amazing quality and finish on the car. The body was extremely rough when my wife bought it, and most people probably would have left it for the junk heap, so Nick had a lot of hours in massaging the body and doing finish bodywork before the paint was applied, and even the frame which was all new metal was completely bodyworked before paint. it came out better than I could have ever imagined and I can't say enough about Nick's talent. Not to mention he helped me set up the car and rock salt for the GNRS. There were also some other people that didn't get mentioned in the article, Skratch gave me a generator and some small parts for the build, Matt Noble, Dan Gilday, Geoffrey & Fred Klinshaw, all helped with getting the body on the frame without scratching the paint. Fred even helped me to make some wood body shims. Thanks....

2. Classy move Dan! YOU and all your help should be congratulated on a job well done. AMBR in my mind.

3. Way to go Dan! Everybody did a great job on that car,for sure...

4. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

as always, a class act

still cant get over that car! not that my big ass would even fit in it!

5. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Awesome car - It's great to give recognition to those that deserve it!

Malcolm

6. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Every great car has unsung guys behind it, nice to see the appreciation spread around. Congrats on the writeup

7. Rick O'Shea

Rick O'Shea
    BANNED

character shows up best when tested, very nice of you.
    one of the best R&C's lately.

8. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

Mr. Collins,

My wife wanted to take your wifes car home after seeing it at the GNRS. I told her I would have to sell a limb, maybe 2 just to cover the amount of bodywork\paint on your modified. Should have took home the big prize in IMO. Congrats on the R&C Spread as well. (though no mention of the name "Singapore Sling" anywhere in the article - any reason to this?). Great job on the car for all that is involved. Your character and class speaks volumes and should be used as an example to others.

Chevnut

9. DanCollins

DanCollins

thanks for the replys, I wasn't trying to get praise with this post, just let everone know whats up, and I'm not really sure why they didn't use the name of the car in the article, I was a little surprised too. BTW, I should also thank Aaron Kahn (Sp?) for the bitchin layout.....

10. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

I'm impressed!
    Very cool.

Oh, great car too!

11. skratch

skratch

Dan Collins who ?

wow ,thanks Dan ..what about the carbs ..hahahaha
    i wasn't helping you for the credit .i did it .cause we are friends .

i'm posting this for the credit .hahahha

12. sledish

sledish

Saw the car at Santa Maria, Way beautiful ride !

13. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

14. It was a pleasure to help you out Dan, and thank you for the mention. It sure turned out nice. See you soon.

15. DanCollins

DanCollins

thanks again Fred, I also realize that I forgot to mention that Ojai Rick and Logan helped me to assemble the banjo rear after paint and chrome. nothing quite as fun as bolting parts with fresh paint together.....

16. tjm73

tjm73

The lawyers were probably worried it was not politically correct.

17. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Classy move.

Keep in mind that editors get paid to make stuff fit; sometimes their priorities might not be the same as yours (or the author's).

18. Rusty

Rusty

Dan you are a hero!!!!

19. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

A very refreshing post, hats off to Dan. Well done in a world of gimme, buy me, take me. I often wonder after looking at some rags, when in the article it says recently purchased finished, who the craftsmen were. Not that this applies here, but a checkbook doesn't make a car.
    A steady stream of enthusiasts helping, shaping, and having a couple of cold beers makes a neat ride.
    Craftsmen isn't a word used much any more, I know from my cabinet and woodworking backround. When I received that tag from old folks I knew I had done it well. Cars are the same way, why pay a craftsman to work his magic when it is cheaper to buy a new pit free frame and body. I found this site a year or so ago, don't post much, just tend to sit back and absorb, why, because there are CRAFTSMEN here and there are things to learn.
    Again, hats off to Dan who acknowledged those who helped achieve the dream.

20. Dirty2

Dirty2

Dan and Friends !!! All good people ! Way to pull togather and help each other out. Thats what friends are for .