Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT Went to Look At a Car, Came Home with a Cool old BOAT!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by James427, Jul 7, 2008.

1. James427

James427
    BANNED

I went to look at a 67 Pontiac Grand Prix convertible with the 428 in it today. Car was a little rough for the $3,500 asking price. This boat was parked next to the car and I asked him about it. He said someone stole the engine out of it and if I wanted it and the trailer for $300 I could have it. He didn't have to ask me twice!! It's a vintage 76 Tahiti 21' I/O that originally had a small block chevy. I can't pass up anything with a shape as sexy as this boat for $300! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  2. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Dude that is AWESOME!

3. Wow, motor or no motor, it looks to be in damn good shape for $300! I say SCORE!

4. James427

James427
    BANNED

It was covered with dirt when I got it. What you see is about $10 in quarters at the car wash later. :)

5. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Dig that seat,Very Funky!

6. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

Kick ass boat! For 300 dollars here you can get a beat up flat bottom jon boat. So any plans for a different engine now?

7. Sinner

Sinner

Shit, the trailer's worth more than what you paid!

8. James427

James427
    BANNED

I know where there is a 1978 Steury speed boat with a rebuilt mercruiser set-up that can be had for $800. It would bolt right in and make the boar driveable, but it would not have a "cool-factor". These boats need a tunel ram and chrome headers pulled back don't they? LOL

9. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

WOW !!! nothing like being at the right place at the right time. Nice Score. Gary

10. How do you steer it????

11. BOHICA

BOHICA

Nice!

Now where are pictures of the car? ;)

12. rustrustler

rustrustler

A boat is a hole in the water surrounded by fiberglass into which one pours money. Sure looks good though.

13. snapper

snapper
    from PNW

Nice looking boat.. Before you put a motor in it , you might want to check with your insurance agent, around these parts you can no longer buy insurance for a flat V bottom style boat such as that....Good luck and have fun...H

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
  14. Wowwah. Congratulations!

15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've always liked those, my wife was after me to buy one a few years back. It shouldn't be that hard to find the marine pieces to put another small block back in it.
    Nice looking boat for it's age.

16. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Had jet boats..and others they are a blast..hope you have fun with it..oh BTW

do you know what B O A T stands for?
    B reak
    O ut
    A nother
    T housand or T wenty depending on the size of the boat.

what they hey you only live once right?

17. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

That's not a flat bottom though....the bottom looks similar to my '04 Tracker. Flat bottoms are well flat...that looks a little curvy,and has a small v bottom. Plus most flatbottoms are 'glass they are aluminium. and they don't ever look that cool.

18. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Looks like a pretty good score . Nice little money funnel ya got ;) (boater's joke) .

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Man I would love to tear up Lake Norman and show those Yuppie pricks what up in that thing. Rad!

20. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Wow, thats way too nice for $300. Good score.

21. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Since were on the subject of boats, theres a guy that wants to do some trading for a car I have and has this 72 chrysler boat that has been kept in a garage and used very little since new. Any one care to put a value on it for me. I'm not a boat guy but I just moved close to 4 big lakes and Im in the market for one.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. stumpjumper

stumpjumper

That looks pristine. Being from the 70's might drag it down a little. I would guess 3 to 5K??? I got this old 1963 larson with running 40hp evinrude for free a few months ago. It fired right up when I got it home.
    Shane

Attached Files:

23. PollockzRodz

PollockzRodz

Wow for 300 thats one clean boat even if you had to dump 10 bucks into a car wash haha. Very nice looking boat and you could easily sell the trailer and make some good money.

24. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

nice score. I'll give $350 right now for it.:)

25. And a driver in cut-off blue jean shorts working on a case of Budweiser. ;)

Neat boat.

JH

26. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

WOW! Now you just need an Olds 455, two fours on a tunnel ram, and some chrome over the transom headers. Killer boat, if you want to double your money, and recoup the car was change, I'm in!

Brian

27. looks like a checkmate?? but nice score for the bucks..

28. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

lol!! by mind power young jedi!!!!!! :)

29. James427

James427
    BANNED

LOL, someone said I should cut out the bottom and drop it down on like an S-10 frame with a V-8 under it!! Imagine driving it on the street. LOL

30. SBC and a tunnelram,BIG chrome headers would look cool! $300 is just unbelievable! I was just talking about boats with my buddy yesterday. With the price of gas now,he said he doesn't know if he'll keep his. BBC with a blower! $100 everytime he touches the water....OUCH! Last time we went out it was $250 just for boat gas!!!