Register now to get rid of these ads!

My little boy has the gene

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JC_32, Jul 5, 2008.

1. JC_32

JC_32

Tonight I was on the computer when a good friend called. We talked about life and such for a while. I had left my computer on the table and my little boy (3 years old) started screwing around on it. He taps me right after I got of the phone and told me he wanted to show me a cool red bicycle. Here is what he showed me.

[​IMG]

check the link:
    http://photos.coker.com/showphoto.php/photo/1287

Coker tire company.......

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thought it was funny, so I thought I would share....

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Yup! He's showing the signs early. Congrats!

3. Elvisaurusrex

Elvisaurusrex

Good, younger the better!

4. Rick O'Shea

Rick O'Shea
    BANNED

that's really cool, now build one together.... or something close.
    just think when he's 25 or so, what a cool story this could be for him.

5. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Ricks got the right idea...they grow up quick!!!

Enjoy

6. When my older son made his first car sound,I cried! "VAROOM VAROOM..."
    That was before saying mommy or daddy! I remember that day like it was yesterday...

7. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

enjoy it while you can cause they grow up to quick and when they hit 15 look out they want nothing to do with dad or cars, i am going through it right now

8. man thats just too cool , congrats .. my sons thirty and im gonna call him after while and ask him to do vroom vroom noises for me , have fun while you can they do grow up fast..

9. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

My son will be thirty , July 14,
    Like Bad Bob ,I'm going to call him in a little bit and get him to make some noises for me.....
    He found out a couple months ago that we are going to be grandparents ,(twins).
    Maybe we can make a V8 sound!

10. my two and a half yearold daughter can spot a hot rod or a race car any where. and the 1.5 son says bike to any 2 wheeler from little tykes to harley

11. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Some of the fondest memories of being in the shop were when my son was growing up. He wanted to take in everything and wasn't happy until he go to try whatever I was doing. He built his own BMX bike when he was 12. I came home from making a delivery of the stock car products we made and he had taken the bender and bent up the frame and had it tacked together. I didn't even know he could even operate the bender but there it was, a bike frame and a smile of accomplishment you couldn't erase with a shovel. He's 42 now and doing things with my grandson just like we did. They grow up too fast.
    Encourage your son and be sure to teach those safety rules to keep him safe.

Frank

12. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

You all made me smile, it must be in the genes, my boys first words were the sound "vroom" too and yup he is into cars so deep he can't sleep. lol The words of warning that they grow up fast is an understatement, don't blink or you'll miss it ! Enjoy every minute cos when you look back it will only seem like hours that went by and not years!

13. Just like Fab32 my son hot rod pro? grew up in the hot rod shop watching me and to this day its makes me realize that our kids are watching every move we make and how we behave,Oh and also how we build cars.Bruce

14. jimmyv

jimmyv

My oldest daughter is 19. She has had a tool bench in the shop since she was 4 or 5 and was always helping work on cars. She can weld, work on motors, do body work, etc. She is restoring her 77 TA she drove all through HS right now. Also helping me on my 31 coupe, 51 Merc, and other projects. My other daughter is 10 and also helps in the shop. She got here own set of tools last Christmas.

15. lil lordz loves coming to the shop..all he talks about is kustomz..with a Z lol
    [​IMG]

16. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

to all the fathers.if your kid wants a car that you don't see as a hot rod,just let it slide,it's a hot rod to them.i grew up around hot rods,but when it came time to drive i wanted a VW bug.instead of no way,dad said lets find a nice one.we did,and that started a passion that lasted over nine years.those years were some that i still look back on,and smile.i have moved from VW's to 59-60 chevys to 32 and 39 ford hot rods.through out the VW years dad was ALLWAYS there to shake his head in disbelief that what i drug home could end up looking so cool.his support has made me the man/builder i am today.

point them in the right direction and look out.it will be a great ride.

thanks dad.

-danny

17. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Not to brag (but I'm gonna) My boy learned the difference between a flat head and a phillips at 1.5 years old....he has a little trouble with socket sizes but now knows the difference between a ratchet and a box end wrench...and tries like a mad man to change tires (he's now almost 3) and like others was making car noises to accompany his hot wheels before he could talk...

Now days, everything is either a race car, a hot rod or a "mean car" (the green stock car from cars)...though latly he picked up the term "ricer" he he he I dunno where he got that :)

18. As a parent of twins myself, tell him "since they will play together you save lots of energy not being the "entertainment director" when they are small.You will need this energy later when you will become the "referee" when they get older".{around ten and eleven}
    V8 sounds! LMAO!!!:D
    My Desoto was still running when my son, around three at the time, started calling all the old cars "soto-cars". And he new to call just the fiftys and early sixtys stuff!

19. JC_32

JC_32

very cool reading all the posts....
    Me and my boy work on bikes in my garage right now. I have a shop but it's still a little early for him to be there. Anyways, right now we work in the garage, we don't use tools yet, instead we sit and talk about all the bike components. I figure the basics are were to start. He's got them down. We will move on to tools soon, but for now it's learning about bikes and cars, sitting on the bikes and riding in the hot rod. He even will throw double signs if need be.....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  20. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

i gotta say i really enjoy these posts because i have a two year old son and all he does is make car noises,watch car shows with me and wrench on stuff in the garage already!he knows the differences in screwdrivers and wrenches now and doesnt want to go anywhere unless we go in "the white truck" cause moms car is too quiet!!!!