Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help from the Plymouth guys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by harleybraydin, Jul 4, 2008.

1. harleybraydin

harleybraydin
    from Roscoe IL

Hey guys i am trying to get new brake shoes for my 50 Special Deluxe and I can not find a set anywhere. Anyone have an idea on where I can locate some?

2. hkestes

hkestes

3. skidsteer

skidsteer

On eBay now, seller is helpforcars and they are buy-it-now $37.50 plus S&H, no I don't know the seller. Good luck.

4. wwwplydo.com 304-475-3245 # 08-bs. A set of four is 60$
    and has compleate kits for the car, also napa sells shoes as well as wwwkanter.com they have everything for the system including all four wheel cyc.
    You can also look to disks on front with a plydo kit and backing plates off any 8,3/4 mopar rearend and lose the extra wheel cycl. and use a more meaty wider drum on the rear.

5. harleybraydin

harleybraydin
    from Roscoe IL

Thanks Guys!

Plymouth 1952 NAPA does not sell them for my car Online or at the store, But I will try the others mentioned.
    Hoping I can get a set shipped here before next weekend or she isnt coming out for GoodGuys in Columbus.

6. harleybraydin

harleybraydin
    from Roscoe IL

For some reason when I try to go to this site it is not right. If you have a link it would be great.

Thanks again

7. call your local clutch and brake reliner. call one of the big truck shops they will know where a brake reliner is.

8. harleybraydin

harleybraydin
    from Roscoe IL

Thanks 55!

I was actually thinking about that. Now all I gotta do is find someone who can reline them. Living in the middle of nowhere can sure have its disadvatages at times. :D

9. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

The owner operator of PLY DO has recently passed away. I have heard his wife/son are planing to continue it but don't kow if they are back in business.

Oh an IMHO burnbomb sucks.

10. TRIUMPH TERROR

TRIUMPH TERROR

there is a place in FT Wayne Indiana.I will try to get the info for you.Name escapes me rt now.They usually charge 10.00 a shoe to reline them and they use modern materials.My buddie is having his done as we speak for his 52 ply wagon.

Shoe

11. It would appear they have let there Page go. to bad had good luck with them for years. . go oldplymouths.com and look up parts for sale and parts help. This is the best sorce of information for 49/52 plymouths and dodges. then there is kanter auto parts.
    If you get in a bind let me know I have 8 nice shoes but I have no Idea what shipping would be. Bob

12. CWebster

CWebster
    from Byron, MI

13. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

The old NAPA paper catalog says B-43 front or rear; 10x 2"; Most aftermarker brake shoe producers used the same part umber with per different prefixes or suffixes, so mabe with that number they can cross reference.

14. harleybraydin

harleybraydin
    from Roscoe IL

I am going to try to find some one to re line them Monday. If I can not find a place I am screwed. I was hoping to finish it by the 12th to get to Goodguys in Columbus. I never thought that the shoes were going to be the hardest part to replace. I have changed everything in it brake wise but the shoes and now I cant find them. Thanks for all your help everyone.

15. harleybraydin

harleybraydin
    from Roscoe IL

I might end up taking you up on that if I can not find them.