Register now to get rid of these ads!

Weiand Excelerator & Holley 600 cfm carb SBC performance

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Iceberg, Jul 3, 2004.

1. Iceberg

Iceberg

I'm thinking about picking up a Weiand Excelerator manifold (like new) and a '97 Holley 600 cfm carb w/ electric choke for my stock 350. Is anyone running one of these manifolds? The guy wants $100 bucks for the setup which seems pretty fair to me.

Attached Files:

2. The X-celerator is a single plane intake manifold... if you are switching from a 2 barrel to that four barrel, your part throttle power will be effected.

Is the motor stock?

If it is a running set-up... $100 is a good price.

Sam.

3. burger

burger

If you're upgrading from a 2bbl, my guess is that everything else is stock.

If that assumption is correct, buy the package (the price is good, if it's all in working order). Keep the carb and sell the intake on eBay. Use the money to buy a dual plane intake (I favor the Stealth).

Of course then you'll need more cam and headers... and then you'll probably want to open up the heads to really make it pop...

[​IMG]

Last time I put an intake & carb onto an otherwise stock engine, all it did was use more fuel.

Ed

4. what sam and ed both said , single plane manifolds with mild/stock motors don't work out well on the street. use a dual plane

5. a/fxcomet

a/fxcomet
    from Eugene, OR

Just remember that that is a small port, long runner manifold. Kinda like the old Edelbrock Torquer. Not like a typical single plane. What are going to do with the motor?

6. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

I had an old X-cellerator years back that I ran on one of my cars...dropped it in place of a two barrel rig on a stock 305 with headers and a 350 cam...ran great!

(No, it's not the IDEAL manifold for a stock engine, but with a carb as good and versatile as the 600 Holley on top of it, it'll be better than the stock 2v was, for sure!)

Also, your fuel mileage should go UP, if ya keep your foot out of it! [​IMG]

The price is right and it's a decent combo...go for it! [​IMG]

7. Iceberg

Iceberg

The motor is a stock early block 350 (dip stick on the drivers side) w/ 2 bbl carb. Don't really know much about the motor other than it runs great and doesn't smoke. It's hooked up to a rebuilt TH350. I was just looking for something that would bring it to life (dump the 2bbl) and be dependable (daily driver). I have already added 2/1/2" exhaust w/ flowmasters and she sounds great.