Register now to get rid of these ads!

Travelling to Upstate NY - what should I not miss?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BarryA, Jun 25, 2008.

1. binder49er

binder49er
    from Cental NY

Forgot to mention Fonda Speedway. It is a dirt track just east of Herkimer. They run the big block modifieds also. They run on Saturday I believe. Alot of history at that track. http://www.fondaspeedway.com/

Also just north of Syracuse is Oswego Speedway. It is a paved track. They run these big block supermodifieds that you have to see!!(big block, sprint car type wing, fast as hell!!) also a place with a lot of history. Lots of famous drivers have been thru there. http://www.oswegospeedway.com/

2. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Fuck it you can come by my house and help me finish my Model A truck. LOL

3. nite-flyer

nite-flyer

Blue Mountain Lake is a great place to kick back and relax. You can rent boats, cabins etc. Great place to clear your head.

4. BigChief

BigChief

Yeah.....just kick back and let the black flies just carry you away! Literally.

5. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

Hey Guys
    Barry just stopped by my shop after coming in from a flight in Boston. He is planning to stay over in Springfield area tonight.

GREAT guy- if yu get a chance- hook up and meet him. I know he said hes gonna go to teh SYracuse show... HAMB meet n greet 10am Saturday!

6. skidsteer

skidsteer

American LeMans race, at one of the nicest settings you would ever want to be at for a road race, Lime Rock Park in Northwest Connecticut, this Saturday, July 12. Also, check www.theglen.com for the NASCAR schedule at Watkins Glen, NY.

7. BarryA

BarryA

Well I made it!! Got into Boston Tuesday and yeah I went by Lenny's shop. Some really cool stuff going on in there, I had to keep wiping the drool from my mouth....... See you in Syracuse Lenny!
    I'm up in Herkimer working on a '56 F100 panel at Dutch Comstock's meet. Really cool bunch of guys, and an awesome place!
    Hope to meet some more of you guys next weekend.
    Barry

8. dirty petcock

dirty petcock

call Dave Tucci and take a tour.. He is in Marcy, thats about a 15 min drive.

9. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

did i half assed meet you at the hotel parking lot in liverpool during the syracuse nats. i was in this ??

[​IMG]
    Shot with KODAK EASYSHARE Z710 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2008-06-08

i thought about this thread after our encounter and realized it might have been you. good seeing ya if so if not sorry i missed ya.

10. You know, that looks an awful lot like a certain Studebaker I used to see on one of the back roads outside Mexico, over towards Vermilion.

11. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

How many of those Peaks have you been up ?

12. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

good eye jan pierce started this project many years ago . he chopped the top and set the cab on an independant suspension frame with the floor cut out and the box sides and front clip mocked up on it and it sat like that for years until my uncle scott got it from him about 5 years ago. then i scored it from my uncle a little over two years ago and me and my buds made a chassis and did floors and firewall and pinched the cowl and made the box and built the engine and made it into something more than yard art .i have had it drivieable for over a year now and have over 5000 miles on it . i stopped by and showed jan what i did with it and he was all excited like a little kid . so the only thing me and my buddys can't claim on this truck is the cab chop.

jp

13. Excellent!
    The chop is very disitinctive.
    I used to drive by that truck at least once a week.
    I lived in Vermillion, and New Haven while I worked at Fitz, and have relatives in Mexico.
    Have you ever met Steve Miller?

14. tucci33

tucci33

Check out Tucci Hotrods in Marcy, New York. We are building the 6th Give-a-way car. We are located just 45 miles east of Syracuse, New York. We would be glad to show you around. Contact us at www.tuccihotrods.com . Wish you the best.
    David P. Tucci Sr.