Register now to get rid of these ads!

63 t-bird help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wutihad, Jun 26, 2008.

1. wutihad

wutihad

Hey, anybody ever take the backseat out of a '63 bird convertable? Need to put a seatbelt in for a friend. I thought it might unhook by pushing down and back at the same time. No luck yet. ??

2. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

Recently took mine out of a '65- feel for the back of the bottom 1/2, pull up hard on each end. The top halves are hooked into a clip, two under each seat. Unbolt the clip-mount, (thats holding the seat clip in), and the rest should work out.

3. GT427

GT427

Hi There,
    Just Fitted Seatbelts To A 1962 Roadster T Bird---same Problem.
    Lift Bottom Of Rear Seat Up And Pull Forward---they Are Tight ,but It Will Come.
    Then There Are To Screws Or Self Tappers Holding In The Top Part Of The Seat---they Are Located At The Lower Part Of The Verticle Seat---remove The Screws And Then Push Down On The Seat To Unhook And Pull Foward...............cheers........steve

4. 61TBird

61TBird

If you're having the same trouble that I had getting mine out....
    This is for the Bottom of the rear seat.
    I used one of those "import" scissor jacks and some scrap wood blocks wrapped in old towels.
    Put one of the blocks against the lowest point of the rear seat(the seat frame),the other against the lowest point of the front seat.
    Slowly turn the screw on the jack to push the rear seat towards the rear of the car.
    It shouldn't take more than 2" of travel to "pop it out" of the clip. Once one side is out,the other side comes out easy.

If you take out the upper cushion...look for the Factory "Build Sheet" tucked into the seat springs.

5. wutihad

wutihad

Thanks for the help guys. Going to give it a try in the morning.