Register now to get rid of these ads!

1954 Pontiac trim, please help!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TRJ, Jun 27, 2008.

1. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

Hey people,

i am throwing this up here for a friend who seems to be completely useless at all things electronic. hahaha!

there is a '52 Pontiac coupe on eBay that has the belt line trim that i guess he has been looking for forever. it seems in nice shape and i think he would buy the whole car just for the trim. problem is, it is in Alabama and he is here California.

i'm sure there are alabamans here on the hamb. can anyone help with this deal. say, if he buys the car, and someone could remove the trim properly without damaging it etc. they can have the car, or parts or just leave it in a ditch on the side of the road. i'm sure he would pay something, or make it worth someone's while to help him out. he's a generous guy. broke, but generous.

if you have any other suggestions on how he could make this work out, that would really be cool and much apprecaited.

eBay item number...270249231334

thanks for reading...

geoff miles

PS unless of course someone on here has that trim and would be willing to sell it to him.

2. jmthehermit

jmthehermit
    from Bath, Pa.

Try this guy, he carries a lot of this trim for different years and models: [email protected]

3. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

okay, thanks i'll give jay the heads up.

anyone else, any ideas?

4. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

5. RonC

RonC
    from Montebello

I have the trim. How close is he to the LA (California of course) area?

6. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

oh sweet, power of the hamb!

he is actually in san francisco, but i know he would drive down to get them or pay for them to be boxed really nicely and shipped.

how's the condition and how much do you want for them?

do you have photos of them that you can email so we can verify condition etc.

this would be a huge help!! his car is super sano, it would be sweet to get some nice ones to match. please let me know as soon as you can.

thanks to everyone that even looked at this, i know it's not the most exciting thing ever. just trying to help my buddy get his car dialed in!

geoff

7. 52 and 54 are a lot different, be forewarned. 53-54 will interchange and 49-52 will interchange (fastback is different, hardtops are different from coupes/tudors).

8. Kustm52

Kustm52

Sent you a pm on the alabama deal...

Brian