Register now to get rid of these ads!

Holy Cow A New Barn Find A 32

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by continentaljohn, Jun 27, 2008.

1. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Well I answered a ad in the paper and one thing lead to another and came home with a new toy:D. It's funny because the ad had nothing to do with a A 32 :D.
    The Krause Bros built this in 1959 and painted it a 1955 chevy Belair color to match the 55 they had. The bros put a 265 chevy and three speed in her and 1950 olds rearend. As time went on the motor didn't have the power they wanted. So they replaced the motor and trans with a 283 and powerglide. This was in 1963 and that's were it sat for the next 45 years in the garage. It too us over 2 hours with three guys moving goodies out of the way and to unbury the truck. I had no idea on the condition on most of the truck because it was buryed . When he opened the garage we couldn't see the truck and just Heavy shit were going to have to move. We got lucky and the tire held some air after we got to the valve stems and poped off the moon type covers. Well we loaded her onto the trailer and brought her home and started to clean her up, the birds, squirrel,coons and other critters used this as a jungle jim:D.
    So she at home and just deciding what way to go??
    thanks

Attached Files:

2. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

so were about was the truck found. looks cool ......jones

3. superchargednailhead

superchargednailhead

4. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

5. 067chevy

067chevy

So whats this got to do with a 32? I guess I'm lossed. But that a nice old model a you got there

6. Dirty2

Dirty2

I was thinking the same thing. Nice score . I like it .

7. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

:D cool

Attached Files:

8. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

It's what the plates read:D A 32 and the plates are from 1963:eek:

Attached Files:

9. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

It has probably something to do with the license plates... :)

10. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

So.............How are you going to explain to your REAL deuces that there is going to be a misfit in the garage?:eek::D

Frank

11. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Nice find john ..you have all da luck !!!

12. TOE

TOE

Cool find, was that in Elgin?

I only ask as my in laws are there and I've been curious as to what may have been lurking in some of the local older garages.

You gotta love Woody Woodpecker with the doob, you have to keep that!

13. Nitrofan

Nitrofan
    from Kentucky

Great find, I wish I could be so luck!

14. James427

James427
    BANNED

Cool truck. Love the "paintina"

15. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Great find! Dont you dare remove the fenders. :)
    Yea.. I too was baffle... I said to myself when did they put gas tanks in the cowls in 32? Neat old truck!

16. JBEAU

JBEAU

That's ok there are more 32s than they made now anyway.....lol and A's when there is a section at shows for just 32s that lets you know there are to many.....JMO....

17. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Yeah there's liable to be a revolt among the real deuces there. ;)
    Nice truck john.

18. nice score you lucky dog! im jealous

19. bigken

bigken

Very good rescue - pickups are cool...............

20. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Very Cool John!! :D

21. Indiana Jones strikes again!

Great find John, congrats!

22. John,

That's just what I was looking for!!!

Trade for something? :)

Matt

23. casper

casper

That is a really neat find! If I were you, I would just clean it up and not change much. Also, it would be a good idea to record the story on a tape recorder, that way when you take it to car shows...all you have to do is hit the play button and then rewind and do it again! That would save your voice because by the end of the day, hundreds of people will ask you....What's the deal on your truck? Thanks for posting the pictures, I love to see this kind of a cool 60's survivor!

24. I would "restore" it to the way it looks in the Black and White photo. it's a real piece of history and needs to be preserved, and used as such.

25. great find i love old pick ups!

26. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

ahhh so what if its a Model A..still cool as hell..great find!

27. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Seriously. I don't think there is even a choice in the matter. It needs to be put back to it's 1959 condition. Then, I want to see a Mad Fabricators Society section on it.:D:D

28. ChrisMejia

ChrisMejia

That is too cool. I agree with hotroddon also! restore it to the way it looked in the photo.

29. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Yep that was in Elgin and no way could it be seen from the street. Heck we didn't even see it in front of the garage.

HA HA HA Frank with 32 on it's plate I can only hope they get along:D, I have alway had a soft spot in my heart for the Model A's as well. I had planned on building a shop truck and picked up a very clean 32 cab so know what:D

HA HA HA T I might have to toss a deuce grill shell on her and try to hide the little Fella:D

I'll leave it as is for now and I have started to clean her up a bit as well as getting her started. I had the valve covers off and wicked clean inside the motor and she turns over by hand. I'll pull the dizzy and prime the motor with a drill and get some oil moving around.
    It got some issues like were the Krause Bros welded the firewall onto the cowl by the smoking woody woodpecker and drivers door is missing part of the middle hinge(body side) and not sure on the safty of the chassie:D. Over all the body and fenders are in Great condition and no real rust, paint needs buffing and I did hit a small spot and cleaned up Nice. He's a few cleaner pics.

Thanks John

Attached Files:

30. vexner

vexner

Wow! great find I guess there are still a few out there.glad it was a pickup