Register now to get rid of these ads!

1960s f100 + 1970s ltd clip

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by du$ty, Jun 24, 2008.

1. du$ty

du$ty

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1 itxtvisited="1"> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --><TABLE width="100%" border=0 itxtvisited="1"><TBODY itxtvisited="1"><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD vAlign=top itxtvisited="1">
    i have a 1978 ltd clip...and want it in my 1965 f100.

does anyone have any real info on this....i need some pictures so points of refence.i have the clip...i have the truck..i have a welder and the skills to weld it and the trust to believe..but i need some picts or refence help..or am i gonna need to just volare....any help would rule.
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2. slick64

slick64
    from Mobile, AL

Whats the width of that LTD? I thought they where a lot wider than the f100. The f100 is around 60" I believe.

I've heard of people doing the volaire and regretting it. Didn't handle very well from what I heard.

I did a aerostar clip in my 64 but never got the truck running. I sold it and the guy that has it has not finished it either. Wasn't too hard and I hear they are fairly good handling.

I think the best by far is the dakota front end from what I have read. there are a couple of guys on here using them. here is a link to the company that makes the crossmember. http://www.industrialchassisinc.com/

3. I measured a Torino, with the idea of doing a front clip on a '64 Ford PU.
    Looked pretty straight forward,tread width and frame width were real close.

Sorry,no pics.

4. du$ty

du$ty

ive seen so many post on other boards about doing these..but never in detail..i just want the truck nice and low and dont want gm..for the trouble..dropped i beams are looking better and better..

5. If the tape measure agrees,I'd do the LTD.

Twin I-beams are junk.

6. Larry T

Larry T

7. slick64

slick64
    from Mobile, AL

I've got beams on mine. truck rides great and handles better than stock. I used AIM beams

8. du$ty

du$ty

ya know what..im leaning more and more towards the dropped ibeams..anyone got some dropped dual i beams they want to cut loose.im leaning away from clipping my 65 since its my daily ride..and concentrating on building my 28/29 roadster...but i would still like to drop the f100 with the i beams.ill have some cash up selling of my 302 and 9 inch outta my supposed donor car.let me know..and thanks for the info.