Register now to get rid of these ads!

just picked up a roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by z32power.com, Jun 22, 2008.

1. scrape

scrape

you should leave the 460 and just detail it out, if i had to change it id put a 348, nailhead, 259 stude, or 331caddy in it........
    i'd paint the wheels black, change the tires to bias ply blackwalls.......
    id also change the grill to a 32.......

2. studedudeus

studedudeus

You say you want to be different. Then stop thinking about a '32 Ford grill, red wheels and Chevy Power. Nothing different about those. You've got a unique ride here. Make sure you keep it that way.

Like someone said, don't mess with it this summer, just drive it. Wait till winter to tear into it. Drive it while you can, find out how you like it when it's at a rod run or cruise night.

The siilver and green color combo is great. Nothing wrong with that Plymouth Grill, just need to fit it better.

3. S.Sutherland

S.Sutherland
    from Fontana,CA

I don't really like making comments about what other people should do with their things... however I agree with whoever made the comment "detail it out" regarding the motor. I think this car looks bad ass as is and just needs finished. Cleaning up the grill and headlights alone would do wonders for it. As far as turbos and things go I recall seeing some on a big block in a tri five chevy and thought they looked a little too modern. In any event I like what you've got and had to add my two cents.
    Good Luck,
    Seth
    P.S. It needs some seat belts...

4. z32power.com

z32power.com

yea, lots of people telling me what to do with MY car, hahah.....

I can see some people are ford fans and get a little butt hurt when i say i'll put in chevy power. Why would go with a chevy motor? well... look at the aftermarket of a 350/454 compared to a 460 ford.

5. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

its a nice car , could use a grill change , if it runs good drive the snot out of it , be the mutt would like a ride lol

6. jonny o

jonny o

Leave the motor man... Please don't put a 350 in it...

And put belts in the fing thing no matter how you try to skirt the law.

It's a very very cool ride man, enjoy it.

7. :rolleyes:

8. Yeah, but if all I was worried about, is what I could get after market, I'd be driving a Mustang or Camaro like everyone else. 460s aren't the coolest looking motors in an open hooded car, but far cooler than just another SBC, IMO.

9. My vote goes for a '32ish Chevy grille, or one fashioned in that style...I think the front of the body is a little square for a deuce shell...might tie things together a little bit...

That thing must get with it...I had a '71 MkIII Lincoln and it moved out really well for a heavy car...

10. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

That is a gorgeous roadster! Nice hot rod!

I grew up in southwestern Pa and never saw any Mooses running around like that?!
    "Gentle Giants" are nice dogs....Imposing as hell too!

11. z32power.com

z32power.com

Do you guys know something I don't about this guy (Dave Smith)? He showed me some of the cars he built... and the '40 mercury in his garage he was working on was AMAZING.

the body on this car is pretty damn nice. he told me he built some bodies for some big names, and he didn't seem to be the type of person to just be making up bullshit...

12. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

no! tmans just a baby! hes jealous!!!!! ;)
    nice score....i really dig it.....