Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody ever do an Extended cab El Camino?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by boldventure, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

2. lucky 7

lucky 7

??????

3. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

A quickie... I lenghtened the bed and extended the door glass a touch as well as the back window wrap around. Not quite an extended cab, but I was looking at the primered Elky and was trying to mimic it.

[​IMG]

4. in2hotrods

in2hotrods

I haven't read the entire post and don't plan to, however, if you were to try it...how 'bout stretching the doors and cab a couple inches. Do not stretch the wheelbase though. Something real subtle that most people would never notice like taking the extra length for the doors from the quarters. A lot of work that most people wouldn't ever notice.

By all means, don't make the B-pillar like it is at the beginning of this thread...that's just ugly.

The one above looks nice and the one with the blacked-out b-pillar looks pretty good too.

Edit: Okay, I went and read it all...there's some interesting ideas, not all good...not all bad.

5. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

The car/photo you started and finished with are both friggin gorgeous. Still think the car's overall length shouldn't change, just maybe rear axle placement or door length slightly. The roof treatment is spot-on. Damn that color/wheel/stance is tasty