Register now to get rid of these ads!

What ONE CAR would you own & why?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JimA, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

I got my first drivers licenses in 1961 in a '57 Fairlane 500 that my sister owned and I THINK they are the best looking cars ever built, I never owned one!

Attached Files:

2. I Drag

I Drag

'58 Impala. I don't want to get one yet because I want that to be my last car.

3. A 4.9 Ferrari! And one more lap at the old Riverside International Raceway. No! Make it three more laps. One to warm up the tires. The second to get up speed and momentum. The third to go for the record; or go out in a blaze of glory.:cool:

4. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

62 Bel Air bubbletop 409 4 speed. Why? Do I need to explain?

5. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

[​IMG]

6. dutched32

dutched32

a full fendered 29 ford rpu.Quick change rear,401 nailhead,spinle mount fronts,kidney bean rears with pie crust slicks,and a 3 speed manual.

7. dutched32

dutched32

but the weinermobile would be a close second choice,just to pick up chicks in

8. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

well, if it couldn't cost more than a house, then i guess a shelby daytona coupe is out of the question. But in reality it would be the car im building now (SEE PIC), 31 model A pick-up, 57 312 yblock, quick change, something i would love to have for it, but probably never will would be hilborn injection on that y-block. Good enough for me.

if i had 2 choices, the second would be norwells diamond duece pick-up

Attached Files:

9. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

if its one car to do all and end all i would have to say a 1935 ford coupe "custom"
    i hate to put it ahead of my roadsters but in PA you can only drive them half the year and not really as a daily vehicle
    I'm hoping that a cut down coupe will be able to get ALOT of use....especially cause i just bought one to build :)

10. ange 33

ange 33
    from over here

the stache. yes! the flares ,i dont know. the MURIA any colour will do!

11. 47bob

47bob

I think I would really like to own another '39 Ford Standard like I had as a kid eons ago.
    Second choice would be the DeLorian rotting a slow death in my neighbors driveway. .....Bob

12. Green49Ford

Green49Ford

Kirk Hammet's coupe built by Cole Foster.... Perfect!

13. 3

beatnik bandit, jim Rockford's t/a espree, and the farri from faris bulers day off

14. Original white untouched 1964 Ford Thunderbolt, 4 speed.

15. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

the silver ghost of course! i wonder what blutos idea of a dream car is.....

16. Roothawg

Roothawg

A 1936 Ford 3 window coupe. The best looking coupe ever made.

17. PoopStain06

PoopStain06
    BANNED
    from SoCal

[​IMG]
    and if you have to ask....

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  18. Jay71

Jay71

Sam Barris Merc, or the one above^^^would do just fine.

19. I believe that Nomad was on the Revell kit's box cover in the late 60's, and I too fell in love with that car. But, the reality is my own Vette. Because it is built from the memories of my constant "day dreams" from my youth. So, it HAS literally fullfilled MY dreams;)
    [​IMG]

20. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Yeah, yep, I think that would do nicely too....

21. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

DITTO......a Matranga-style Merc would be my pick....
    Or a Westergard-esque '36 3W....

22. Rooster

Rooster

'76 Dodge Aspen R/T with warranty replacement front fenders! lol! Orig K-code car
    New 440LA crate motor,single 4bbl(spreadbore holley), 484/284 cam,9.5-1comp.
    904auto, w/shift kit. Gear Vendors OD
    3.71 lim-slip, no rear swaybar. 15x8.5 SC roadwhls.
    SuperPak-black, no chin spoiler, '74 DartSport hoodscoop, red SE interior. Trim grp's. 1&2, Tuff whl. steel handcrank moonroof, ps pb pw pl ac int/w r-defog.

Not too far offa what I've got, Probly 20K wortha motor/od extra and a few options

If I had to choose only one, I could drive that everyday the rest of my life, happy in my decision. I'd still enjoy seeing hotrods and knowing why ya build em tho. I'll always have a wandering eye...

23. zapp69

zapp69

Hemi Datona..............enough said!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. Big block Chevy powered 40 Willys coupe. Standard of course but tunnelrammed not blown. Gasser styled,evil ,wicked,mean and nasty!

25. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

i have mine! its my pops 70 amx...that i hope to redo with my son when he gets older! the title went from dad [rip] in oct of 69, to me, just a few months b4 he died in june of 06! a million bucks wouldnt take that car outta my hands....
    well, yeah, a million would, but no less! ;)

26. With you Jim I am a bit suprised,on a board where people are vilified for using an alternator or modern distributor on an engine,some of this stuff is not even hotrod:confused: Am I safe to mention I wouldn.t mind a GT40 or lamborghini gallardo or should I duck the bullets,(not more than a hotrod though!):D

27. I would price a 1967 Mustang fastback. It would be black with a black deluxe interior which has the bucket seats, console, overhead console with map lights, brushed aluminum panels on the doors across the dashboard down the console and on the overhead console. It would be a 390 cu.in. engine, three speed on the floor transmission. Also it would have tinted windows.
    In another words, it would be my first car I bought when I was young and stupid enough to sell it to my cousin that did not appreciate it.
    George

28. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Interestingly enough, the one car I coulda, shoulda bought was the SoCal Speed Shop Prowler that had all the comforts of a great touring car and traditional touches that made it acceptable as a hot rod in my mind.

29. Bob Dobolina

Bob Dobolina

'63 t-bird...drop it a tad & drive the wheels off'n it

<CENTER>[SIZE=+1][​IMG][/SIZE]</CENTER>

30. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Jackie Howerton's '32 5-window you can see it in a small pic in TRJ #39 the article is "Road Trip! From the Golden Gate to the Bluegrass State"

I am in love with that car.