Register now to get rid of these ads!

What ONE CAR would you own & why?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JimA, Jun 22, 2008.

1. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

2. KIRK!

KIRK!

A blue one. Because, awesome.

3. kustoms2

kustoms2

The recreation of the Moonglow my Dad built when I was a kid!

Attached Files:

4. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

This Packard which was at the NSRA show in Knoxville this year, picture taken by Denise.

[​IMG]

5. Deadlights

Deadlights

The car I really want right now is a 1960 Oldsmobile. Chopped of course and slammed.

Attached Files:

6. Probably a '59 Pontiac Star Chief 4dr flat top (maybe converted to 2 doors?) with a manual trans with a later 4 or 5 speed dropped in. It wouldn't even have a 4bbl, just a 2bbl carb on the stock 389, lower it and a little dechroming and roll with it. About the only other thing I'd do is add a dual chamber master. Manual steering, manual brakes, no fancy options.

Big, comfortable, cool as hell, and most people would think they're following a spaceship up the road. Plus the 389 has the torque to make the car really move.

7. klazurfer

klazurfer

IF I ever get one of my Deuces finished , and If ( After driving the shit outa it ) I should decide to sell or swap , then a `53-`55 Corvette would be on top off my list . Not sure why , but there is something about that early Corvette styling that appealed to me the first time I saw 1 . The runner up is a 250 SWB , But that is far beyond what I ever can afford :eek:
    Klaz

Attached Files:

8. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

1940 Mercury Kustom... they just do it for me...:D
    [​IMG]

and a '28 - '29 roadster with a hopped up flathead. Already owned one many
    years ago, but now I finally got me a new '28 project. Love those WWII style
    hot rods.

9. I'm assuming we're talking one HAMB - relevant vehicle in addition to drivers.

In that case, it would be a fair weather car, and so it might as well be a convertible. So I'd have to go with a '60 to '63 Tbird or Cadillac or Chrysler or Lincoln. For cruisng with the top down and the AC blowing like mad, with room for another couple. Any could fill the bill. I'm easy.

10. Searcher

Searcher

I'll stick with my 35 Ford. It fairly light and has good lines for a 4 seater. And with it's 283 get's better than 20 mpg on the hwy.
    It also has a 1/2 tank of gas and doesn't burn a drop of oil, so I'm keeping her.

[​IMG]

11. Phil1934

Phil1934

I'm picking up the body next week. It will have to wait in line, though.

Attached Files:

12. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

I guess...a D type..or a 275GTB...my old 57 Vette..or 64 E Type coupe..

But I think I got mine..
    [​IMG]

13. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

If I could have only one it would be the Hirohata merc. I've been in love with that car forever. In reality though, I'd rather spread the wealth out and have five cars to suit my flavor of the day!

14. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

Sam Barris Merc.....no explaination needed.

15. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Jesus Valencia's 49 Chevy, because it is the most beautiful Kustom ever, IMHO. Oh how it breaks my heart to watch it on Ebay and know that I can't afford it right now.

Attached Files:

16. 61TBird

61TBird

It all comes down to a choice between these 2...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. speed-kings

speed-kings

My dad's 68 442

18. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

34 Ford 3 window or hell id even settle for a sedsan, whacked unchanneled done in a rolling bones fashion, or a Mid 60s Ferarri v12 Hardtop....

19. autobilly

autobilly

I know it's way over the "cheaper than your house" budget, but I'd love a Miller 91.

20. toddc

toddc

Bucialli TAV12. Because I like it.:)[​IMG]

21. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Interesting mix of cars. Funny I don't see it reflecting more to what we actually have here on the board- or else the guys with cars aren't speaking up!

See lots of Model A Tudors and gassers of all kinds being built- but don't see any on this list?

22. going to double the horsepower on it,better be carefull!:D

23. John Denich

John Denich

I have three kustoms...my dream car...15oz coupe i got to camp beside it last year at the Reunion too cool!!!

Attached Files:

24. Greezy

Greezy

Lucky enough to already own it.

[​IMG]

25. Bdamfino

Bdamfino
    from Hamlet, NC

In regards to JimA asking for customs, if I gotta dream, I would add the '62 Caddy Larry Watson had, quite similar to Jimmie Vaughn's, only a amazing pearl black!!

26. Rick O'Shea

Rick O'Shea
    BANNED

[​IMG]

The Wienermobile or the Robert Lomas 34 coupe

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  27. I've already got some cool shit parked in the Club House but if I could add another dream car I think it would have to be the Aston Martin in the James Bond movie because it comes with a girl friend called Pussy Galore>>>>.

28. R.C.

R.C.
    from Waco Texas

I would like to find my dads old 55 chevy big back window pro street truck,tan with orange flames. He had the truck from the early 80's till early 90's sold the truck and cann't find it????????
    I can remember being little and rideing in the truck to shows and helping him clean the truck.

29. 33mopower

33mopower

It would be a 33 Chrysler imperial roadster (around 200k unrestored so not quite as much as a house). And since were dreaming here yes I would hot rod it. Patton? v12?

[​IMG]

30. sv_i

sv_i

Buick GSX Stage 1 or a '68 Dodge Charger R/T.

failing that, something race inspired along the lines of trans am or GT class. Cobra, Gran Sport Corvette, Boss 302 etc.