Register now to get rid of these ads!

Went down 4 some Tijuana tuck and roll and was robbed!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deville1904, Jun 13, 2008.

1. coop ED

coop ED

We had a good time. Went to the movies, had Breakfast and Lunch and shopped for tequila etc. They had the car stripped out in less then an hour. Then they got busy 4 guys working on the seats, tear down, installing etc. 1 stitcher. The foreman Enrique speaks english. The work done is good quality work. They installed new foam on the seats built new door panels, new kick panels and package tray. They did all this work in 12 hours from 9 am till 9pm. try this in America it would take a week at least. I understand American made but with overhead, taxes, etc. it just costs too much. We are so close to the border why not take advantage of it.

2. I find it really funny how people are judged on this board by the number of posts they've made or by the FNG status. I really don't think that has shit to do with fuck. I am sure there are a few fellas on here that have 3 posts and they have forgot about more cars than a few of the guys with a trillion posts have ever seen. Jesus H. I got brave not long ago and started a thread to get help on my flathead and got shit. Everyone's too busy cutting everyones elses shit down cause they only got a couple posts or they didn't do an intro or some gay shit. Anyway, I think anyone would like to get some of these high profile upholstery guys to do our cars, but I could buy a new house for cheaper. I guess we will have stick with our "mexican" blankets, can I say that? Is it cool?

3. Deville1904

Deville1904

That would be me again ^_^
    Sorry I havent posted in a while. I have been busy here at work. Too much work! But ill post again later today with all the details you have asked for. Even some more pics when I get home. Thanks for all the positive responses. I made this trip down not just for a new interior, but to disprove all the bullshit myths and rumors about tijuana upholstery. Like I said im at work right now so Ill post again later today.

P.S. Thats Huggies Hat!

4. Nothing wrong with a TJ job, hell it IS traditional!

Most of us only had a beef with the dipshit blanketing America as a place where no quality work is done.

I am sad to hear about the demise of the donkey show, how is a horny ass going to earn a living these days!?:D

5. WHAT IT IZ

WHAT IT IZ

I shopped around and the lowest price for full upholstery for my buick was $2500.00, And it was gonna take 2 weeks. Thats a decent price for so cal. But now that i know i can go to TJ and have quality work done in a weekend for around a grand, Then thats what im gonna do. Now i all need to do is find a reasonable chrome shop out there. Cant wait to find out the name of the upholstery shop, We know its across from the police station, so they cant pull any funny business.

6. coop ED

coop ED

The shop is called Champion's phone number is 686-11-88 or if you have nextel 152*172220*1 the owner's name is Enrique Romero, son also is the same name son speaks English. It's only a mile or 2 from the border right near the Plaza Rio shopping center. easy to find and get to. You can haggle a little with them as well.

7. PoopStain06

PoopStain06
    BANNED
    from SoCal

Don't kid yourself....“The appearance of law must be upheld, especially when it's being broken,”

8. Mad~Max

Mad~Max

I think you're right.

Being a lurker, I know that there are some pretty wound-up people on here. No sense of humor, hate themselves, etc.

Wait for FNG's and then hump or bite their pant legs :)

It's mad...

9. lgh1157

lgh1157

Alot of people have talked about it on here, and you did it, thats rad, it crushes all the rumors and bullshit.

Looks amazing.

I see that guy knowing very soon about a online community called the hamb

10. MOCO559

MOCO559

Nice yob deville! yeah send us some more pics, didn't see one of the dash. also hurry up and get it painted, and let us know...! but for $900 it had to come with a coupon for Adelitas, que no?

11. 133

any chance of talking them down to do an interior for a couple cases of beer? haha. your interior looks real good and it's cool that you've debunked the myths of TJ.

12. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

what kind of service does Adelitas provide, some kind of chroming ? :D

-scott noteboom

13. MOCO559

MOCO559

They specialize in knob polishing ;)

14. Deville1904

Deville1904

Nope. No coupon. Prices arent as cheap as they used to be. However the service and craftsmanship is still excellent and still far less expensive than here.Adelitas is a wonderful establishment. They dont do chrome work. They will however polish your knob real nice though ^_^

15. Orange54

Orange54
    from Missouri

What seems to be the problem? Aren't any of the illegal Mexican immigrants in the U.S. able to do upholstery work? Can you ask the dude who did the work if he has any family in Central Missouri? I won't check for no stinkin green card.

16. lewislynn

lewislynn

How does that work?
    You just drive in and there's someone waiting to get to work?...
    Make an appointment?
    Walk/drive in, pick your fabrics and style?
    No waiting/ordering? fabrics are all in the back?
    Did someone stay with the car the whole time?

17. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

This is not a personal attack, but a perspective comment:

That is one of the big differences between the USA and Mexico. In the USA, if the shop is in front of a police station it is safer. In Mexico, if your car gets stolen, the cops are probably in on it. Maybe or maybe not, toss the dice.

So $1,000 for TJ interior, $500 for gas and food. So you save $1,000, the cops might or might not steal your car, the cops might or might not arrest you and make you pay up to get out, you might or might not get captured and tortured and held for money, and some cop is probably in on it. I am sure the police and government will come to your aid.

Sounds like a deal. Oh, and the job probably won't be as good as the USA job in quality, though for the money it might be. Who cares about other Americans anyway. What you end up with at the end of the day is the most important thing, make sure we teach our children that.

If you are taking money out of working American's pockets, you really aren't supposed to brag about it.
    At least do it on the low. If you live in and enjoy the benefits of this country, at least support workers in this country.

Food for thought
    Wil
    www.sakowskimotors.com

18. Muttley

Muttley

It's pretty easy to chastise a guy for taking his car to Meh-he-coe when it's not your money being spent. I dont blame anyone for have their interior done South of the border, it's cheap & traditional.

19. Burny

Burny

20. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

well i only read so far into this..... i stopped somewhere around the guys sayin stuff about American work

hell boys you want a heartattack

here is the before of the seats in my 49 caddy

[​IMG]

and here is the afters

[​IMG]

Black Vinyl Ostrich inserts with black embroidered 49 caddy emblems & Vees and lots of white 1" Roll and pleat

thats 500 bones outta my pocket, for front and rear seats, all new door panels, kick panels and rear panels........... Now the headliners will be extra but my upholstry guy has already told me that it will not be over 300......and the guy is only about 2 miles from my shop

you just have the right hook ups is all

21. coop ED

coop ED

Here's how it worked for us and I am sure anyone else who want's to go down there. We let them know like a day or two ahead of time we were coming down. They open around 7:30 or 8 AM. you get there and they have fabric swatches or whatever you want to call them you look them them over. If you have a pattern or design you want take some pics to show them. My buddy wanted the same pattern that was already in his 54 Caddy so they did it the same but with the pleats. So they fill out a receipt or work order with the amounts for each etc. you leave them a deposit which for us was half so $500.00 bucks that buys the material etc. We left the car there and were off for breakfast etc. We checked back periodically but never had any one of us camped out with the car. Yes, the police station was across the street but come on they never came over or stopped to look at the car or anything. We got more crap at the border from a damn filipino customs agent then we did from anyone else that day. We went down there to kinda disspell all the rumors and carp that is going around about mexico. The work is top notch and would put it up against any upholsterer over here in the States anyday. People are going to bitch and moan about whatever taking jobs or work out of the States, Mexico being corrupt and shaking you down etc. It was a great day and awesome work! For the price you couldn't have gotten 2 seats done in the US. If you live in So Cal it's definitely worth the trip and your time. They only work during the week so this a Monday thru Friday type gig. You may be able to get work done on a Saturday but I am sure it would have to be prearranged.

22. coop ED

coop ED

Here's how it worked for us and I am sure anyone else who want's to go down there. We let them know like a day or two ahead of time we were coming down. They open around 7:30 or 8 AM. you get there and they have fabric swatches or whatever you want to call them you look them them over. If you have a pattern or design you want take some pics to show them. My buddy wanted the same pattern that was already in his 54 Caddy so they did it the same but with the pleats. So they fill out a receipt or work order with the amounts for each etc. you leave them a deposit which for us was half so $500.00 bucks that buys the material etc. We left the car there and were off for breakfast etc. We checked back periodically but never had any one of us camped out with the car. Yes, the police station was across the street but come on they never came over or stopped to look at the car or anything. We got more crap at the border from a damn filipino customs agent then we did from anyone else that day. We went down there to kinda disspell all the rumors and carp that is going around about mexico. The work is top notch and would put it up against any upholsterer over here in the States anyday. People are going to bitch and moan about whatever taking jobs or work out of the States, Mexico being corrupt and shaking you down etc. It was a great day and awesome work! For the price you couldn't have gotten 2 seats done in the US. If you live in So Cal it's definitely worth the trip and your time. They only work during the week so this a Monday thru Friday type gig. You may be able to get work done on a Saturday but I am sure it would have to be prearranged.

23. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Damn fine traditional work going on down there!

24. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

sat and sun the guys are workin in Santee jk jk

25. WHAT IT IZ

WHAT IT IZ

Orale! Knob polishing.

26. coop ED

coop ED

sorry for the double post! Oops!

27. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

[We went down there to kinda disspell all the rumors and carp that is going around about mexico. The work is top notch and would put it up against any upholsterer over here in the States anyday. People are going to bitch and moan about whatever taking jobs or work out of the States, Mexico being corrupt and shaking you down etc. Iquote]

Work looks great, glad it worked out for you- but one or even several successful trips down there does not dispell any "rumors" about mexico. Thats just being nieve

28. WHAT IT IZ

WHAT IT IZ

Heres a idea for those that are scared to take there car to TJ but want to take advantage of the killer prices. Take the seats and door panels out, Just throw them in back of your SUV or pickup. And drop them off. Then all you will have to do is have the headliner done here in the states if you need one, and maybe buy a carpet kit for the floor and trunk.

29. coop ED

coop ED

I wasn't implying that it was all peaches and cream down there. But it's not the wild west like everyone is trying to say it is. everyone is so quick to say all these things about mexico but yet no has any proof or experiences there.

30. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

Hey
    Seriously, when it is all said and done. I also want to add that I dig your ride and bitch'n interior job. I just have to shout out / look out for the American working craftsman once and a while.
    Enjoy your ride
    Wil
    www.sakowskimotors.com