Register now to get rid of these ads!

DOES ANYONE MAKE ONE?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choprods, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Is there a wheel adapter to bolt the early ford [5 lug on 5-1/2"] wheel onto a [5 lug on 4-1/2"] newer nine inch rear end?...sure would make my life easier......THANks

2. 34Fordtk

34Fordtk

Yes I found mine on ebay,good luck.

3. Assdragger

Assdragger

There are lots of aftermarket companys that make billit [​IMG] adapters, they are ALOT stronger but they`re not cheap! They`ll make any adapter in any thinkness that you need.

4. Ive never had any of the old ones break- my motor is stock 409 -automatic/should be OK
    any sources of these?

5. Assdragger

Assdragger

I was looking for some myself, they go for crazy money on ebay. If you wanna spend that kind of dough, just buy the tools and build em yourself!! [​IMG]

6. PANEL TRK

PANEL TRK

There are adaptors that work butt they all move the wheel farther from the brake drum.
    If clearence isnt a problem then they work.
    If you are using aluminum or magnesium wheels then its not hard to change a bolt pattern.
    if you have slot mags with a solid center section (back side) you can just have someone locally bridgeport a new pattern into the wheel.
    I do this sort of thing all the time.
    I cnnot post pictures on this site as I am not smart enough to figure how to get my .JPG under 70K. I am trying to get some help here from a guy who understands computers.
    I have DSL so I never turn mine off. I only use it for email ebay and a few sites like this one.
    If you mail me direct with pictures of your wheels maybe I can help you.
    [email protected]
    Panel Trk

7. Assdragger

Assdragger

Are you the famous Torque Thrust Terry? [​IMG]

I think Kenny is running 16" steel wheels...but I`ve been wrong before!

8. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[ QUOTE ]

I cnnot post pictures on this site as I am not smart enough to figure how to get my .JPG under 70K.
    Panel Trk

[/ QUOTE ]

The on line photo hosting site http://photobucket.com/ resizes the photo down to a manageable size ...automatically and it is free.... [​IMG]

Deuce Roadster

[​IMG]

9. Assdragger

Assdragger

I have a pair of 3 1/2" Magnesium American Lemans wheels, if I change the pattern,is that going to mess-up the look of the wheels around the bolt holes?

Sorry to highjack your post Kenny!

10. Yeah Tony- I wanna run '47 Lincoln steelies on my 9inch rear end.....I found a lifetime guaranteed set of 4 for 140 bucks-[ebay]anybody buy two from me if I buy em? [​IMG]

11. Assdragger

Assdragger

I`m not in the market at this point because I paid the price for my rear wheels with a 4 1/2" bolt pattern. I will probably just drill my front hubs to 4 3/4" which is what my front wheels are. I really dont want to run adapters on the front.

12. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

Call Jim at PSI in LA 626 2882121 between 11am/5pm California time

13. 4t64d.....here is the ebay item number- 7908401982 look and see if you would like two of them....and let me know /Thanks

14. 46stude

46stude

15. 46stude

46stude