Register now to get rid of these ads!

Texas guys, Brad54 needs a little help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stevie G, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Pics? Y know with adventurs like this you should find someone with journalism background to write a story and take a fews pics. Maybe this type of thing could get published in a magazine or something.

2. Thats probably why we'll have to wait for the book:rolleyes:.
    Glad it all worked out Brad. Sounds like you got a deal on a no-rust Cali. car and got a hell of an adventure thrown in the deal:).

3. 34underglas

34underglas

I just got Lobuc's PM this morning......DAMMIT!!!! I'm in Amarillo, I coulda helped...........SONOFA........

VAnce

4. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Mopar Enthusiast magazine and another mag in England are going to run the story on the trip home--so that'll pay for the trip home.

I covered Power Tour for three days for Muscle Car Review, and then flew out from there. I've got about 1,000 photos of Power Tour, feature cars, my adventure, and a couple cool junkyards I stopped at. Including one with a ton of A and T fords, Roadster p/u, etc. "Them are my pride and joy--none for sale. I'm going to restore 5 of each, and don't want to go chasin' parts when I do it." Yeah, that's great. How old are you again? "I'm 72." Cool. I'll call back in a couple years and buy that A from your kid.
    I got a sweet heater delete plate for the Suburban out of another junk yard. Never saw one before. It's now going to be an Ashtray delete. Or maybe the starting point for an in-dash clock.

MCR said they'd buy my plane tickets to PT and another one-way ticket home. Rather than to home, they bought it to LA, so I got the plane ticket covered too. Worked out well for all.

When's the next HAMB and Grits? I'll limp it on down. The head gasket might fix itself by then.

-Brad

5. 22nd:)
    Damn! Just realized I can't make it:(, company picnic at Six Flags.

6. Glad to see you made it back.