Register now to get rid of these ads!

GoodGuys - Atlanta - Whos going

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pickup Guy, May 26, 2008.

1. If I go, I'll be wearing black ... I had a white shirt once, that was a bad idea. My wife has black hair too .... had a blond once, that was a bad idea too.

2. TRuss

TRuss

I've never been to one of these Good Guys type of things. I'm worried that Bowling Green may keep alot of the cool stuff away. I only live about 10-15 minutes away but I don't think I can come close to justifying $17 for a car show. Especially one that will probably have alot goldchains and hawaiian shirts. Are my preconceived notions skewed? Is it worth the money?

3. just as a spectator 17 is sort of high - what ever it costs to enter your car is worth driving around the track!!

4. You can't go to a movie with popcorn and a soda for $17.
    If you see 3 cars that "do it" for you I would say it would be worth a 15min drive.
    Maybe I'm too easy going:rolleyes:.

5. ah ha ha - easy going!!! no really.

Hey - I gave my pops your phone number - you'll have to stand in as "SON" for the afternoon - hopefully you he and Bart can get together. I am sure ya'll will have fun.

6. old kid

old kid
    Member Emeritus
    from middle ga

i don't have any gold chains, but i've got some of them flowerdy shirts. maybe you'll like em better when you get older like me, and that's all you can get to wrap around your fat ass.
    dan

7. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

I'll be there saturday.

8. chazzin

chazzin
    from butler,ga

i should be there saturday, im not sure if ill have my truck but i should have my paint box

9. Don't forget the comfortable shoes;).
    You gonna drive your chainer mobile up?

10. I will be there fri and sat

11. TRuss

TRuss

That's classic Old Kid!

12. Pickup Guy

Pickup Guy
    BANNED
    from USA

we've decided we are going Friday
    Probably wear my STUDEBAKER CAP (red white and (mostly)blue one)... bet there won't be too many of those there...
    Far as $17 to get in... If it ANYTHING near as good as the Good Guys show at Lowes was last fall... It's a bargain.
    They had close to 3000 cars (so I heard) and a ton of vendors.
    I went BOTH friday and Saturday.
    Friday it rained all day so the crowd was real slack.. and it STILL took me 6 hours to get around and see all the vendors.
    Saturday I TRIED to see all the cars.... just a few seconds peak at each car... and I doubt I saw them all.. but I tried. Was there all 9 hours

13. Pickup Guy

Pickup Guy
    BANNED
    from USA

Not trying to be a smartasss. dude... but it also says 2007... LOL
    Last year at Good Guys in Lowes thats what I paid...
    I 'expected' to pay $15... checked at Lowes to see what they are charging, and they are $17 also... looks like they have gone up a couple bucks across the board

14. I wind up on call every weekend something happens. Oh well still plugging away at getting my shit running anyway. Hope to make the two day July swap at Lanier!!!!

15. Had a good time last year, hot as hell, but I made the magazine by showing up!!!
    Worth the trip and the $15, $17, or $20 bucks. Hell I piss away that much on beer, on a sunday watching NASCAR!!!

16. TRoadster

TRoadster
    from Georgia

I'll be there, no car though. Last year I went Saturday. Great show, lots of cool cars. Was hot as hell... I'm going this Saturday, mid morning until... Weather guy says low 80's with chance of scattered afternoon thunder storms. Normal June Atlanta weather. Someone said before to bring your own water. That's a good suggestion because the prices of drinks and food are as bad as the local movie theaters.

17. Sorry, my bad.:eek:

18. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I'll probably make it on Sat., now that I read that they'll have electric carts to rent. For those that don,t know, I'm 70 and getting sorta lame due to sciatica. Can't stay on my feet for long periods of time!
    Tony (Dog Patch), if you read this, give me a call. Last night after I got home I was online and like an idijit I cleaned out my private messages and then realized that that was the only place I had your cellphone down.
    I'll be on a "scooter", if I make it, with the same straw hat I had @ Reynolds a couple weeks ago.
    Dave

19. Pickup Guy

Pickup Guy
    BANNED
    from USA

FYI dude..
    I followed the link for the scooters... they are $50 a day just so ya know...

20. Pickup Guy

Pickup Guy
    BANNED
    from USA

well I made it down to the Good Guys show today...
    I was VERY disappointed in the vendors. Only a small handful at the whole show... At Lowes last year even on Friday when it Rained it took me 6 hours to see them all. Could of saw the whole bunch today in less than hour... and thats taking my time.
    Cars... thats a different story.. Boat loads of cars... some real beauties.
    Probably be twice as many there Saturday.
    You guys going to look at the cars... you'll get your monies worth this weekend
    Have fun

21. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Dateline GG Atlanta...
    Nice, little, show. Perhaps 1000 cars? Wet Sat AM, but it dried fine. Not much in total number of vendors, but since the guy I wanted to see was there I was VERY happy. Russnomore's new 27 coupe and pickup bodies are the BEST. I dont' think they are on their web site yet, but here is a non-commercial plugs...
    See... http://www.russnomorestreetrods.com/

Lots of high buck stuff, naturally, fighting for first in line of the 572 pro touring crowd. My best of show pick was a big rig, Rust-O-Lene Special Wrecker that was done much in the same vein as those big jobs Leno gets from Blast-O-Lene (sp?) boys out west.

I didn't meet the owner or get details. This is the best "Art Car" I've seen in some time. Big, Heavy, lots of industrial grade parts. Great welding. Well thought out without the obligatory box of dumb skulls, spiderwebs or extra beer tap knobs sprinkled all over it. Well done.

Later, Gary. See pix here if you like...

http://public.fotki.com/kitbashr/off-the-wall-stuff/

22. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL