Register now to get rid of these ads!

God Bless Them (OT)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Petejoe, Jun 10, 2008.

1. oldsman71

oldsman71

my Grandpa was in the navy during wwII, he is still with us, I respect what our servicemen have done for us past,presant, and future.

2. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Rick, I think you really struck a cord here. All I can say is "I'm proud to be an American". Many thanks for posting this.

3. fatcaddi

fatcaddi

that made me well up , both my grandfathers served, one was a lifer in the army air corp and finished in the early 80s he was a navigator and flew alot of missions and trained many navigators under him one of whom dropped the bomb on hiroshima , my other grandfather was military police (forgot the term they used) for the navy and we have a nice framed letter saying thank your for your help with the A bomb. kinda crazy.

i would like to say thanks to anyone who has served thier country.

4. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

great video. great.

-scott noteboom

5. bluebrian

bluebrian
    from dallas

that was damn good. i got a little welled up. but i sent it to my dad and i know he will bust out a tear.

6. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

heros!!! period!!!!! why doesnt anyone car anymore? sad!

7. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Thanks for the vid. I just burried my father in the National Cemetery...he was one of those old guys.....:(

8. willie57

willie57
    from wisconsin

9. Congress passed a bill that "Allows" veterans and military personel to "Salute" the Flag during presentation and passing while in Civilian clothing...!

This means that ALL military personel may salute the flag versus placing their hand over the heart to "Distinguish" themselves as "Veterans" in public settings such as Ball Games and parades...!

I always thought it was classy but not necessary when President Reagan would return a "Salute" to an officer and Salute the Flag...

Funny that this bill was just recently passed.

10. thanks for that.

I was honored as a youth to serve as a color guard in scouts and to properly retire a fire damaged flag. it was something i'll never forget.

i still choke up every time a flag is raised or the national anthem is played and have to restrain from choking the living crap out of anyone who refuses to get off their lazy ass and salute our flag.

my grandfather served in WW2 and i was raised with a proper respect for the price paid to stand under Old Glory. i've been to Arlington, the Vietnam Memorial, the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, and Gettysburg. freedom is not free. it is paid for with the blood of americans.

Disneyland still has a proper flag raising and lowering ceremony every day. i'm never there in the morning, but when we go in the evening i try to make it around dusk just so i can make the ceremony. its really cool with a brass band and all. its really neat to stand with a bunch of total strangers, natural born and immigrant all singing our National Anthem, honoring our servicemen and women active, retired, and fallen, and paying respect to the symbol of enduring freedom.

God Bless America.

11. Dick Dake

Dick Dake

What is the number on the bill? VA also wants Veterans to wear their medals on Memorial, Independence, Labor, Veterans and Pearl Harbor Day. Military funerals, weddings or any other fancy/military events.

12. Dick Dake

Dick Dake

13. This country has been going downhill ever since we "surrendered" to the touchy-feely liberal idiots and removed the pledge from our schools.
    Thanks for the clip.
    Seventh generation military here dating back to the Civil War, including a Grandfather, 29th Inf Div, first wave Omaha Beach Normandy on June 6, 1944.

14. Awesome post .....Im with you Doc.

Rat

15. Open this link, then go down the left side a few inches.
    Under the pic of the Mexican and US flag is a small red video camera symbol.
    Click on it and it shows the attached video clip.
    Awesome video and display of patriotism.

http://www.krnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7162515

16. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Me too Nads. I can't help it. Even today.

17. Dick Dake

Dick Dake

18. Roothawg

Roothawg

They still do in Mustang ,OK.

19. my grands also served , grandma was doing zwangsarbeit for the fuckin nazis and grand grand pa lost both his legs because a german mine., so am thankfull to the usa and england for what they did in 43
    But what i wonder is that everyone says hamb should stay out of politic. A few years ago a was posting a harmless joke about g w bush and nearly get kicked out of the hamb , get abou 200 mails i should rot in the camel i stick in and so on . But if someone post a probaghanda movie ,pic other what ever it seems to be okay . Thats confuses me a bit

20. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Gasolinedeniz..I didnt see your thread or post about GW Bush..but..this aint no propaganda (sp) movie..I think yer Mising the point.

and this thread needs to stay without Drama..so it dont get locked..its not political..its patriotic..there is a difference....can i get an Amen?

21. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Rat, nice to see others out here that get it!
    CGkid, thanks. If I ever get out t the States again lets have a beer or 50.

22. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

I served almost 7 years starting in 1966.
    I don't care where I am, if I see someone in a uniform I make it a point to walk up to them shake their hand and thank them for the job they are doing to keep this place free .

23. Rick Thompson

Rick Thompson
    Alliance Vendor

Chill up the spine,very well done . Thanks for sharing

24. TRuss

TRuss

How is this not propaganda? Just because it made you cry doesn't mean it's not propaganda. Just look at how worked up everybody has become over an overly long and cliche video about two guys who are actors and maybe just barely old enough to slip into the Greatest Generation. You can actually see a mob forming on this thread.

25. jammon3

jammon3
    from STL

and this thread needs to stay without Drama..so it dont get locked..its not political..its patriotic..there is a difference....can i get an Amen

Amen!

26. Big Tony

Big Tony

I have never served, but there has ALWAYS been a great respect for those who do serve this country to insure that my hillybilly butt can enjoy the freedoms of this wonderful country. I can remember and I still keep photo's of my grandfather in WWII and father in Nam.

God Bless our men and women who have servered and who are currently serving....MOST OF ALL

God Bless the USA

27. Dick Dake

Dick Dake

TRuss, read the bio's on the web page I posted. The guy who dies is a Korean War vet. Lebowski might be too. You did recognize him didn't you? This is non-partisan, non-political, and emotional for those who served or had those close to them die in defense of the freedoms we have everyday. I am sorry you don't get it.

28. amen , everyone should think about it what he wants. i was just what i thought about.

29. TRuss

TRuss

Don't tell me that I don't get it. Sorry I assumed that those guys weren't Veterans. No I don't recognize them. A partisan slant is not required for it to be propaganda. I also completely understand the emotion. Don't think that I don't. You weren't there this past Christmas when I my Grandfather started crying when he recalled how the Japanese always attacked them on Christmas Day. You have no idea how I find the Missing Man Formation deeply emotional and beautiful. You have no idea the respect that I have for all of the people who serve, have served and will serve. Don't tell me that I don't get it. Just because I am able to seperate my emotions from my thoughts doesn't make me unpatriotic.

30. Conder

Conder

Beautiful film.