Register now to get rid of these ads!

H.A.M.B. Tee Shirts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NVRA #84, Jun 10, 2008.

1. NVRA #84

NVRA #84

Bought me a couple of Tee's today and while ordering I noticed how all the real big shirts were sold out. Maybe we need to do something else other than lay under old metal and drink beer.

Excuse me guys, every now and then some of the things I did back in the 60's causes my mind to go out into left field. I'll be better in a few, just need a couple of cold ones and a little ground to lay on. The waist is a terrible thing to mind.

2. 5window

5window

You wear a shirt? Actually, at the York NSRA meet several people commented on how old, and how overweight, so many street rodders are. The only small shirts I saw said "My grandpa is an overweight street rodder". :)

3. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

we are getting fatter here in America at least that is what the experts say, and judging by the way i looked 10 years ago i would agree. but just look at it this way, fat people are harder to kidnap.....................

4. momma grows them up big!! and its true "fat people are harder to kidnap!"

5. NVRA #84

NVRA #84

I always get a kick out of watching a large person buying a handfull of candy bars and junk food and then washing it down with a Diet Drink.

How about when they say "I'm not overweight just large boned". Had a friend that was nicknamed Fluffy because he used to say he wasn't fat just fluffy.

And I'm not puting people down, by the charts I should weigh 185 but I tip the scales at 250. I always figure the I'm not overweight for my height, I'm just too short.

6. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Think of yourself as 'gravitationally challenged'...

Vance

7. I just ordered a couple Large shirts. I need to drink more beer to be able to order an XL.

8. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can't drive a spike with a tack hammer...........

9. NJRATRODER

NJRATRODER
    from NJ

yes i see the same thing and the shows r all the same way not a lot of little guy out ther relly should get more of the big stuff maybe some longs to go over me gut or not

10. It's kinda funny....until you're lying in bed like my uncle at the moment as a result of a cerebral haemorrage.....

We told him all that beer and crap food was no good for him, not to mention his sky high blood pressure as a result.

When I came to the US last year, it was annoying how difficult it was to find healthy food.

You're just giving away horsepower the fatter you get!

11. indyjps

indyjps

Thats why I go to the gym, if I keep my chest bigger than my gut, Im not fat.
    The bigger your shoulders are the smaller your waist looks.

12. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Funny, when I was 25 and married, I weight 185 @ 5'6". My stomach was so far out, I couldn't see my feet. I thought, "Gee, I'm fat! But who cares, I'm married". Got a divorce, started working out and eating healthier. At 57, I'm 185 but bench 315 and squat 465. My pulse rate is 52.

I'm actually in better shape now then when I was 25.

13. Where the hell are my clown heads???

BloodyKnuckles

14. LabRat

LabRat

Hang on ! what about those of us that are just TALL ! Im 6 ft 7 ...... so xxl is just long enough.

15. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

16. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

I'm 150 pounds lighter than I was 3 years ago.
    STILL love them big shirts tho.

17. the main reason at 6'6" 400+(health issues) i would really like to get back to a reasonable weight is 1: "death will continue to hover at my doorstep" 2: "the next hotrod i build will have to be a BUS!" as a cancer survivor most people stay blinded about health until it's too late. i would kill to be able to wear a 2xl shirt and some day i will. it will be nice to order a hamb t-shirt and it fits even after being in the dryer!

18. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

oh yeah, im pretty sure i could bench 320-- especially behind the computer screen. i'm a total bench press machine-- that's why my chest sticks out so far and my arms are back on my side.

how much can you bench? :D

-scott noteboom

19. duste01

duste01

the reason I always drink diet drinks is because I cant stand how sweet the regular ones are.

20. gnarlytyler

gnarlytyler

If your outside kickin ass on your ride thats good exercise right ?? I need to start doing that :)
    -Anthony

21. rodknocker

rodknocker

I'm not fat,I'm just too short for my body.Really I need to be about 7'8"

22. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Being married to a 100% Norwegian Babe who's hobbie is to bake, let's just say I'm not the man she married 24 years ago.

I'm twice the man she married 24 years ago.

Actually since we have been married 24 years, she has gained about 15 lbs and I have gained 50 lbs, so I'm not complaining nore have I heard her complain.

Sitting on the computer doesn't do much for excersise . that is for sure.

I do need to get out and bike and walk a whole lot more.

Good idea.

See ya,

Cob

23. chopped

chopped

Couldn't be all the growth additives in the food could it? Think we're fat check out the teenagers.

24. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Lets all do the weekly Hot Rod excercise, Attend a car show every week end, walk around untill you talk to every car owner or the show ends. That should give each of us about 5 miles of walking right there.

25. NVRA #84

NVRA #84

All over the world by now. There's still a couple in the back of Big Blue, seems like everytime I roll the door up I find one or two of those little dudes staring at me. I'm just glad they weren't Chuckie heads.

26. Deuce Rails

Deuce Rails

I apologize, ladies of Jenny Craig, for barging in. I was looking for the HAMB.

27. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

The last three or four years I've worn my pedometer to the Nats in L'ville and the GG in Columbus and found that at those big shows I usually log 7-9 miles for just one day and I NEVER seem to cover the whole place. Yeah, L'ville in August; that was pure genius...

Vance

28. NVRA #84

NVRA #84

Take a Midol and chill out.