Register now to get rid of these ads!

Picked up my 63 Caddy yesterday

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jaysix, Jun 9, 2008.

1. jaysix

jaysix

I picked her up yesterday for 800 bucks from a local guy. He got it from the original owner last year and it was sitting since 1979. It has 28,4xx original miles on it, original tires, original spare and jack. The body definitely needs some work but the majority of it is surface rust. The interior is pretty much spotless after my dad and me cleaned it up and vaccumed it out. The only thing in the interior that needs replaced is the roof liner because a mouse decided to eat a 1 inch hole in it. The engine fired right up with a shot of starter fluid and I drove it up the road to my dads house...it needs a major cleaning but thats minor. I need to figure out how to get the windows up and down..They go down but they are a bitch to get back up....probably just need worked since it has been sitting for so long, same goes for the power seat. All the stainless on it is immaculate and all there. I even have the owners manual and a little notebook that the original owners logged their trips and oil changes in.

I need to get the front bumper ends for it which is nearly impossible, exhaust system and a trunk lid.. Once I get everything squared away its going to get airbagged, painted white again with a metal flake white roof, 59 Caddy hubcaps and probably 1 inch whitewalls..I want to do some custom stuff to it but keep it mainly stock otherwise. All in all I dont think I did too bad for 800 bucks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

O yeah found this little guy under the back seat

[​IMG]

2. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Good Score!!!!

3. I had a 62 that had a WHOLE BUNCH of his relatives, and smelled like it too! Got rid of it quick, yours looks like it has real potential!

4. jaysix

jaysix

This one smelled like it too but 2 bottles of Fabreeze, 3 black Ice air fresheners, some simple green and a good scrubbing later its doesn't smell bad anymore

5. billjoyal

billjoyal

call me sick but that would make one hell of a demo car....nice project too. good score...besides your little critter!

6. skyrodder

skyrodder

7. 60'coupe

60'coupe

Right on man, that interior looks damn nice !
    60'

8. That is a great buy. You are right, the bumper ends are a tough find. I'll let you know if I find an extra set. I got my new 63 home this weekend also. I wouldn't drive it after I got it running, until I fixed the brakes. Here's a shot.
    [​IMG]

9. jaysix

jaysix

Thanks man...I appreciate that...Yours do not look too shabby compared to my pieces of rusty metal that were at one time bumper ends

10. nice score man!

11. Pompadork

Pompadork

great score man!! can't beat 800 bucks! i'll be learning how to get my new caddy's windows up and down here in the next few days/weeks too!

My buddy has your exact '63(same color scheme) rotting under a tree for the last 5 yrs. was a daily driver (up through canada, few times cross country!) in the 90's, but sitting since 03. i've GOT to get him pumped on his car again, i love those 60's caddys.

12. Tony

Tony

Cool ride..i dig those early 60's Caddy's..
    Wish i could find me a 60 or 61 like that for 800 bux :)

13. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Cool car,That thing brings back memories for me,When I was a kid I would walk to the country store about everyday when I was off on summer break, and there was a older lady who owned the twin to that car (Big Ruby is what she went by) everybody knew and liked her as she was a character, she would pick me up and give me a ride to the store in that car if she saw me walking.....................ahh the good ole days

14. VNTGE41

VNTGE41
    from l.a.

15. zeitlerusmc

zeitlerusmc
    BANNED

sick caddi I want it

16. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

Jay,nice find.Don't look too bad.Lots of luck with it.Just in case you are interested,in August,there is a big Cad meet meet in Cherry Hill,NJ.There will be a swap meet.PM me for more info.Joe

17. jaysix

jaysix

Thanks for the comments everyone....What is the best way to get rid of the surface rust so that it wont come back in the future? Sandblast, grinder.....? I want to do this car the right way to preserve it since it has such low mileage for a 45 year old car. Any help would be greatly appreciated..Thanks

18. NOTCH

NOTCH

Great score! I had found a 62 in the same condition and fixed her up nice, new everything and drove shit out of it....the best way to get rid of the rust is to cut out or sand blast all the rust...

19. El_Gato_Scott

El_Gato_Scott
    from So. Tex.

Was the mummified mouse a factory option for 1963 models:)

Nice score, and the interior looks awful nice.

Scott

20. ryno

ryno

give gar a call at a&a auto in brentwood cali. for the bumber ends. or check out the msn groups page for 63-64 cads and you will be able to find anything you need. good find. heres a pic of my 63.

Attached Files:

21. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Yea! Another Caddy on the HAMB. Congrats

brian