Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rose City Round Up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29hotrod55kustom, Apr 28, 2008.

1. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

this is not a "rockabilly" oriented show.. so if thats how you feel then dont go.. problem solved.

2. zgears

zgears

Looks like I made a new friend ....

29hotrod55kustom
    Grenade Inspector

uncalled for
    wow.. you guys are cool.. you bash the first real attempt at a strictly traditional car show of this size in portland.. funny z-gears.. when i look through your posts.. you have the nerve to bash MY show and demean what I'M about when YOU'RE the dumb ass not even building his own car and gets burned having someone else build it??? wow, yea yer definitely cooler than me. at least i work on all my own shit and have learned everything on my own and if i cant do it then i know friends that are more than happy to help, i dont have to PAY someone to build something for me. so this fuckin retarded misconception that you two fucktards have about our show being some "rockabilly" fest is way off base, on top of that half the bands we have playing are punk or just rock n roll. so how bout shut the fuck up and just be happy portlands getting a show like this like every one else? nuff said

3. I saw the same thing.what the fuck??........just have the show and have fun,who cares if its rod guys or rockabilly! I would LOVE to see the hotrodlady (my friend Joyce) dressed up as a BETTY.............like I tell the guys in my club "have fun make friends,enjoy the cars or pull up your fuckin pants and go home!"..I still wish I could make it home to go and see some old friends but either way good luck

4. zgears

zgears

29hotrod55kustom I have a Rat Rod that needs to be Mocked up...... do you think you can help me? IM HELP LESS HERE... I need your Expertise

5. Gr8ballsofir

Gr8ballsofir

Pay no attention to the tards... The missus and I will try to make it a bit later.

Dex.

6. Blackie

Blackie

Wow... the drama hits Portland...

7. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

thanks meetball & mark, its true. some people gotta act like their king shit know it all and better than everyone else. this is just a car show that happens to have live music and a show afterwards, do people talk shit on hotrod-a-rama? no. i know people from so-cal that wish they had hotrod-a-rama down there cause they've heard such great things about the show. thats the kind of rep we're tryin to set for this show. not to cater to any scene other than the traditional hot rod and custom people. so like it or not thats what our shows about. to all who are planning on making the trip out for it thanks! and for those who think its a waste of time, bummer, we'll have fun with out you just the same!

and dont forget the BBQ kick off on friday night the 20th before the show.

-Jr

8. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

ok folks we're in the final countdown for the show! there was a meeting with the folks at the Inn on saturday (unfortunately i was unable to attend). All the vendor and parking areas were laid out, the beer garden and BBQ areas were also mapped out. as of right now anyone that is not preregistered and planning on registering at the gate, please be early!! we would like to have most of the preregistered cars in by like 11:30ish and the lot full by noon! all vendors should be there earlier yet and have there booths pretty much set by 10:30 or so. i will be posting more info as it becomes available! please email me with any questions. i will recieve your messages faster if you email me at [email protected]

9. Stumptown Shoebox

Stumptown Shoebox

I must say something in response.

zgears can defend himself, but you really, really don't know what you're talking about. For allot of working guys (like myself) it is not realistic, nor does it make economic sense to ALWAYS do your own work on everything. But whatever, you're idealistic and can do everything yourself, that's great, you "learned everything" on your own, good for you chief.

I've known zgears a long time, since before you could legally drive, and believe me, he's sacrificed plenty and done the vast majority of work himself.

So do you want a pat on the back for bringing "the first real attempt at a strictly traditional car show of this size in portland"? You got it. Did you over react to some bitter humor? Yes you did. Should you call people you don't know "fucktards"? Well, I don't appreciate it, but it does speak volumes about your character.

10. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

guess what hoss, makes no diff to me what you think of my character, i know who i am, you dont. and guess what else? how does it speak to your character to go on to a thread simply promoting a show and start sand bagging it? yes, i may have over reacted a bit, but at the same time when you've worked as hard as we have to organize a show that we plan on making big, who wouldnt? as i've previously stated, you guys want to be that way, stay home, we'll have fun with out you. we want everyone to enjoy this, thats whats its all about, making new friends and hanging out with old ones, obviously you guys must not be about that. in the same breath i can say if youd like to go, i'll be the first to shake your hand and welcome you.

11. OK!! now everybody kiss and make up,and have a beer and check out the hotties! :D:rolleyes:

12. Stumptown Shoebox

Stumptown Shoebox

Read the posts chief, I was making fun of my own car, and Portland's affinity for Pabst. Obviously you (all) have worked hard on the show; I think it's great you're doing it, honestly. But seriously, you can't take a little harmless banter?

I'm with meatball, I'm sure the show will be cool

13. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

well another reason why this show means alot and i have failed to mention this previously.. is that a member of our club was recently diagnosed with cancer and the proceeds go to the lukemia & lymphoma society.. yet another reason why it struck a nerve. this means alot to us. the banter normally i wouldnt have a prob with, just not on something this meaningful. but i understand. hope to see every one there!

on a lighter note, we all have realized we left the times when cars need to show up off of our promo stuff! so please have your cars lined up and ready to go in at roughly 10 10:30!

thanks,
    -Jr

14. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

Brother In Arm's
    We are all pulling for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This shown will mean alot to Miles and many others.
    Come on out and show your support.

Cody
    Hurst Racing Tires

Attached Files:

15. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

thanks cody, by the looks of the ten day forecast you'll be there for sure! ;-) haha

on a different subject..

unfortunately drew (the one dealing with the vendor stuff) went on vacation for a week and we are all running around like chickens with their heads cut off cause we cant get ahold of him hardly. SO.. the decision has been made that we want the vendors at jubitz ready to start setting up by 9AM at the very latest. we will all be there around 8AM or earlier, and the cars are to show up at 10:30 at the latest. we want the vendors to be in at there spots (not necessarily completely set up but in place) by 10:30 and the vast majority of entry vehicles in place by 11:30. if you have any questions feel free to message me! or email me at [email protected]

-Jr

16. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

just days away kids! who's on board???!!! just finished the body work on my 55 so it WILL be there! by the looks of registrations and word of mouth floatin around, the turn out shouldnt be half bad!

on a business note.. the actuall rose city web page is down so for now, pre-registration is closed until further notice! email me with any questions comments or concerns either here or at [email protected] (not sure if that email works anymore with the site being down so if all else fails, hit the myspace).

-Jr

17. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

Blown Head gasket on my A-Coupe today
    Roadster is a basket case.

F it man Ill be there to drink and enjoy the other rides at least.
    Wacka Wacka

Slam.

18. Biggkatt714

Biggkatt714

I just started my 40 Chevy truck but I will be they to drink,eat, enjoy the show and get some ideas for my build. :D

19. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

20. Good Luck with your endeavor. It's a lot of work. Steve at Amocat and the boys in the Mischief makers will support your effort. If I was there I would as well. Portland has a great group of real hotrodders that will make it take off. All the best. Dale Seaholm

21. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

tomorrow is the big day!!!!!!!! we had a huge spike in preregisters in the last day and thats amazing, the website is back up and running so for those who want the ease of just showing up at the gate and simply stating their name for us so find them on the list... head over and preregister!!! just to reiterate those in attendance that are entering a vehicle please be at jubitz by 10AM to get that amazing parking slot as they are first come first serve, once its full its full! but we will be excepting vehicles until roughly 2PM unless prior arangements have been made with one of the staff. see yall tomorrow! haven't slept in more than 24hrs now and still trying to get the shirts for the show printed! WISH ME LUCK! HAHA!

22. jackal396

jackal396
    from oregon

Nice show with good music, here are some pictures.

jp

23. jackal396

jackal396
    from oregon

More pictures.

jp

24. jackal396

jackal396
    from oregon

Some more pictures.

jp

25. Rustbucketrevival

Rustbucketrevival

Great show! Hopefully next year I'll have a truck to enter. Way to go!

26. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

thanks to everyone who came out!! we had just over 100 cars and raised $5000 for the lymphoma & leukemia society! spectator attendance was huge, and we're sure everyone enjoyed the show just as much as us! i just wish i would not have made a drunken ass out of myself during the awards while i gave out my trophy lol.

so, heres some pics! i just handed my camera off to different people during the day and this is some of what was on it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Below: this is miles, the guy with leukemia in our club that this was all for.

27. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

28. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

in closing i would just like to thank everyone who brought out their cars and all those who showed up just to enjoy the show, we did not expect the turn out but you all made it happen.

so! lets make it even bigger and better next year! WHOS IN?!! give us YOUR thoughts comments and concerns!

-Jr

29. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

ohhh! and if anyone else has pics please post them all! most of mine were taken early in the day and i missed alot. thanks!

-jr

30. creepyjackalope

creepyjackalope

Assuming Billetproof NW is an annual event after this year I would space yours out a bit. I would have gone to both but cant swing back to back weekend shows.....not to mention the gas bill. Just my .02......would love to go next year.