Register now to get rid of these ads!

Done and in the Sun Tour 2008....Big Olds does the Rust Revival

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Jun 5, 2008.

1. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Awesome thread as usual... but I guess no amount of red-eye-reduction software can help either us Kropdusters or the Vagabonds huh? :eek: It was awesome to see old friends and meet some new ones.

The folks who were describing it as a "reunion" or as "family" put it best. I can't wait to see you all again soon.

2. WhtMule

WhtMule

Denise (and megan) thanks for taking all the great photos so that those of us that forgot their camera had some sort of proof that we were there. I had a great time with everyone that went so thanks to all for the great time and awesome cars.
    Jess

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Jess, are you Farm Fresh's running buddy? The dude with his finger always up??

Dick, show her all the photos of us kissing and hugging the other guys and tell her it's all just innocent fun :D

4. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

5. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Is it just me or does Megan look like Anna Nichole Smith in this photo? Nice story and photos girls. Well done.

Attached Files:

6. BinderRod

BinderRod

I thought she was dead?:eek:

7. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Me too but apparently she is alive and well in Missouri.

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Megan is MUCH cuter then Anna but PF you'd know that if you would have come this weekend ;)

We actually talked about you while at the show. We're your ears burning?? There was an old original roadster there and we looked at it and Megan goes "That looks like something PovertyFlats would drive, I wonder if he's here." I replied, "He wouldn't dare without letting me know so we could meet up".:D

9. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I'd stayed home so I could go to a big auction and I didn't get anything bought anyway. Now I'll have to wait and see you girls at the Salina KKOA show in July.

10. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Awesome story and pics as always Denise! Always love reading your threads. It was great finally runin into you and Megan. I am sure we will cross paths again. I love your Olds. That car looks like it just came out of an enclosed trailer all the time. How do you drive that car all across the country and never even get a rock chip? Totally awesome, its perfect!

11. 27T

27T

I wanted to hang out with every one at the motel on Sat. night, but after the long/HOT day at the show I passed out at 9:00. maybe next year:rolleyes:.

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Megan for sure isn't going, she's got other plans for that weekend. I am now sitting on the fence because of expenses and the long drive there and back just two weeks before our long drive on the exact same road on the way to Speed Week. We'll just have to wait and see.

13. timebombkustoms

timebombkustoms
    from Indiana

Great pics it was a goodtime thats for sure,nothing like my short ass striping a roof....lmao.Thanks to everyone who rolled by the booth and got there flake fix and let me lay paint on there cars:D

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I have to thank my painter, Mike Howell AKA: Earl Schieb owner of Volunteer Auto Body for the awesome, quality paint job. As you know, the paint can make or break the look of a car. ;) I love yours as well.

15. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Yep, that's him....

16. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Looks like a great time! You all really need to hit Arizona sometime.

Denise, I really like the way your door panels turned out, that whole interior is very well done. That door panel trimming though hits it!

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks for the kudos on teh inteior bud. Much appreciated.

As far as AZ, we'll be traveling thru end of Aug on our way from Speed Week in B'ville to the HAMB Drags in Joplin, MO. I think we will be peeking at the Grand Canyon probably approx Wed the 20th.

18. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I'll take that as a compliment as long as you mean Anna Nicole in her Guess Jean ad girl days. Now if you mean in her later days you've got a butt kickin' ahead!:eek:;):D

Let's have the RR again this weekend?! What do you think Breeder?:D

19. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

The seats are very comfy, too!.... Especially riding between two wonderful girls :D
    [​IMG]

Let's do it! How 'bout it Breeder? Have you recovered from last weekend yet? :D

20. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

lemme ask my liver...............
    liver says....HELL YEAH! TO LATE NOW ANYWAY BREEDER!!!:)
    megan was awesome meetin ya! really glad it was crowded friday night...your boobs were on me more then you! and...I THANK YOU!;)
    big otis......glad we got some alone time sat night! your boobs were on me more then you and.....I THANK YOU!:)
    man, im havin more fun checkin out pics then you can imagine~!
    really happy everyone had a good time!
    meet a ton of new friends and seen a bunch of old ones!
    dallas, lookin forward to our lil "secret gatherin in sept";)
    cant thank you all enough for coming! there were enough mini bikes there this year, that next year were havin minidrags!!! wanted to this year but the vagasills CC pussed out and didnt bring any! weenies!:rolleyes:

HOLY CRAP!!! shana just yelled at me......a tree feel right through the middle of our kids swing set this morn! damn! ill post a couple pics of that and of a mini trip away to choprods, then to a kick ass hotel with a railroad theme , when i return........stay tuned for really dull pics!:eek:

21. bigken

bigken

Nick - ever felt like a piece of meat in a very tempting 'sam-ich'? :) I tried to photoshop ME in there, but there wasn't enough ROOM.
    You guys are too damn much. Look forward to hocking up at MoKan again.

22. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

We'll keep an eye out. Kids will be back in school by then, also depends on if you drop down the I-10 to Tucson, then into New Mexico, or go along I-40. I vote I-10:D

23. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

shit dallas...i just had a flashback .....sat night some of us were talking and stumbling and they said i need to do this 2 times a year....i said hell yeah..in september.....called it the DISMEMBER IN SEPTEMBER!!!! so there ya have it pops.....it now has a name!
    malcolm....im ready if you are bro! no plans to make, just drink....im all over that likea lampshade! :)

24. big otis

big otis
    from omaha, ne

breeder, sorry we didn't get to cuddle saturday night. there just isn't that much room in gary's roadster. if dallas brings the cape to the drags, i'll make it up to ya!!!! hahahaha

25. athenamarie

athenamarie
    from Kahoka, MO

Denise,
    your pics rock as always :) Was so great to chat with you this last weekend short as it was :) There should be a way you could make a living telling these stories the way you do thru your pics. You do such a great job. Hey whats up in Des Moines comming up , are you talking Des Moines IA ?? And my dad enjoyed talking with you he said your car was his favorite one there. :)

26. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

damn,,,you were drunk....imma name our lil bundle of joy LIL BIG OTIS JR......:eek: i assume the support checks will be arriving soon????

27. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

We could recreate the photo at the HAMB Drags and YOU could be the one in the middle ;)

Yes, the GoodGuys event 4th of July weekend in DesMoine, Iowa.

Not sure of the route yet.......too many events between now and then to even think about Speed Week BUT we will keep you in teh loop when a decision has been made.:D

28. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Wow. Megan has great hair! :D
    [​IMG]

I really missed a good time. I'm kicking myself for not making the trek.

Next year I was thinking about bring the entire family... but I dont think the evening activites are family safe. :) Maybe just me and the missus.

29. Ruiner

Ruiner

Denise, that photo of you and me has got to be the DUMBEST smile I've ever worn in my life...we'll have to take a better photo next time...and you'll have to bring something for me to 'stripe for you, when I'm not lounging around doing nothing in the 'striper's tent, that is...hahaha...it was good meeting you, even if we didn't get a chance to chat at all...next year I'll have to take a break from the 'striping and actually go walk around and see the show, I missed everything this year...

30. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

wow, that totally fuckin sucks! just spent forever loadin shit just to find i had to many images...why does the back button have to erase shit ryan????? can we fix that please!:D
    anyfriggin who.....ill try one last time...
    so the wife and i decide to run over to kennys and drop some parts off for my coupe build, and stay at the hotel that kenny told us about...just to get away for a day!
    heres the hotel! very damn kool!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this kinna stuff was everywhere!!! awesome! its all railroad rrelated stff, and there gettin ready to chuck 200 million at this thing and have resorts, water parks, and all kinna neat stuff..should be amazing when its all done.....very kool place already!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]