Register now to get rid of these ads!

Have a project..want something different!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ATOMBOMB, Jun 5, 2008.

1. ATOMBOMB

ATOMBOMB
    from Kentucky

I guess you all have heard this awhile back from me. Some may think Im crazy and some may not. But I have a 74 Mg Midget Body that I was wanting to build a rod out of..the more I think about it I would like to have something with a top. I know I have seen like a 60 Volvo, that looks like a mini- 47 ford, the A or T model trucks, which ever is the real small trucks, also i like the looks of i think the nash or metropolitan wagons! Can anyone help me on some cars that I might be able to do some research on. Or if anyone knows where anything like that is FOR SALE. I am wanting something smaller, but the old unique look. I am going to equip it with a 2.0 Ford Pinto 4 cylinder engine. Something different and EASY on GAS! :D Trying not to worry anyone, just needing some assistance!:cool:

2. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

Take a look at e bay in the collector cars section. Search the other models. that is where the smaller unusual cars are.

3. do a google search for 'micro-cars'.
    You'll turn up some really cool stuff, as well as some goof-ball Erkle-mobiles. The best part is, an amature restored micro (unless it is one of the more popular models) goes for about $2500 on a good day. They are small and light, so any modern engine (3 Cyl Suzuki Sprint engine, 4 cyl sport bike engine, etc) could make it fast. Some of them could even be built to be cool.

4. ATOMBOMB

ATOMBOMB
    from Kentucky

Thanks Guys I Appreciate It :cool:

5. Attached Files:

6. Slayer, that thing is awesome!:eek:
    I just thought I would show him a picture of a vespa, and I couldn't find the pics on my computer.
    I agree it is a little too street roddy, but it sure is different.

7. mac762

mac762

8. Kommuter

Kommuter

9. Squablow

Squablow

I had been working on an MG Midget-based roadster project, using a 25ish Dodge touring car cowl and the rest of the midget body behind it. I sold it to another HAMBer who was building it. Never did get to see finished pics (if it is finished) but here are a few of it in-progress.

Attached Files:

10. garcoal

garcoal

i would suggest if they dont like what you did to your car they should buy it from you and alter to their specks