Register now to get rid of these ads!

I JUST totalled my 51 chevy truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by monzadood, Jun 2, 2008.

1. mink

mink
    from CT

was there a bumper on that

2. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Hey Keith, just found this thread. So sorry to hear that and glad you are both ok. That had to be hard to see your boy hurt. Were you turning out of the Flying J or into it? Was the other guy trying to let you turn or something?

3. monzadood

monzadood
    BANNED

i was turning into the old holiday inn. the guy that motioned me to go was turning into flying j.

4. monzadood

monzadood
    BANNED

it has a stud welded to the bottom and is actually bolted on....its kinda stupid but, the kids enjoy watching people try to pick it up....:)

5. monzadood

monzadood
    BANNED

what night you coming down ed? we definetely need more time to hang out. i`ll pm you my home number.

6. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

ahh ok I thought it was just stuck there with some tape or glue or something..

7. Fix it dude! Put up a list of stuff you need and we'll all see what we have in our stash.

8. ALindustrial

ALindustrial

glad to see everyone is okay, sorry about the truck, but that is the love of hotrodding... blood sweat and tears, see if your boy wants to help rebuild the truck... imagine what would have happened if you were in a grand am also :(

9. dodgeman33

dodgeman33
    from Indiana

What time we heading down on thursday let me know ....

10. CalifCarl

CalifCarl

Glad that you and your son came out OK, but how is the girl that you pulled out in front of. And with all the sue comments being thrown out earlier, do you have insurance to cover your mistake? I realize the guy that waved you through is the real culprit, but it will be hard to prove that case unless you have witnesses to prove it.

But anyway don't sue or beat yourself up as suggested in earlier post.

11. Big Tony

Big Tony

Hate to see your ride like that but be thankful you both are ok... Glad your keeping the truck at parents barn, maybe one day you will fix it.

12. jchav62

jchav62

What a nightmare! I'm glad you and your son are fine...

13. shortyforty

shortyforty
    from NH

Glad to hear everyone is OK.

Don't give up on it. Back in the 70's my 65 Goat got hit and twisted the front frame. It took about 6 months but I got it back together better then it was before the accident.

I remember a few years back in the news about a guy who motioned someone to turn like happened to you. That guy was taken to court and charged with impersonating a police officer, because the laws said that only a police officer or someone in an emergency can direct traffic. Don't remember what the final outcome was. But I don't motion anyone like that anymore after that news article.

14. Pontiacres Ranch

Pontiacres Ranch

Dodge Man! Im leavin Lowell at 5:20 my time on Thursday, probably 45 min to Lafayette. Should ready to have a cold one in Brownsburg 8:00 ish.

15. Tony

Tony

Hey man, NO need to thank us..We were all scared shitless when we saw it happen and just wanted to make sure everyone was ok. Myself and my friend John were out of the car before it had even stopped..
    We were all sick to our stomachs all day over it..
    But seeing you guy's all out walking around, and your son standing by your side was also the best thing anyone could ask for in a situation like that.
    I sure would have liked to have met you on different term's, but just the same.. It was nice meeting you and again, were all just glad you guy's are ok.

I have the grill if you want it, and i'll let you know about the other stuff i might be getting.
    If i have extra's and you need them the're your's..

Tony

16. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Keith, I've got the front 1/2 of an S10 frame here if you want it. It is cut off right behind the welds so you could grind them out and slide it on and be going. It will need your brakes and steering box, though.

I've got a crap load of AD truck parts if there is anything specific you might need. I might have them.

Glad to hear you and your son are OK.

17. monzadood

monzadood
    BANNED

i got enough mangled stuff off to back her off into the garage.

[​IMG]

18. monzadood

monzadood
    BANNED

good news and really good news.

i got the motor and trans out
    i got the cab loose and ready for some of my buddies to maybe help me lift it off.
    and the front clip is cut off.
    once i get the cab off and out of the way, i can clean up the new front clip and get it prepped for its new home. with any luck at all, i should have this dude driving again by ducktail run.

the really good news is that i got a job working for gary brown at browns metal mods. i start on july 7th( my 35th birthday). i am way excited.

19. autobilly

autobilly

Finally, the light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck!

20. Bazooka

Bazooka

Things are looking up already.. congrats :)

21. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

It's good to see this thread with great news in it. I'm really glad things are looking up and thanks for not giving up. You rule, man.

22. K204DR

K204DR
    from Chatt TN

good to see its all working out for you. hated to see the pics of that thing wrecked.

23. BigChief

BigChief

Thats sooo good that you got a handle on the truck and that you'll be starting a new job as well. I was just in front of Tony to watch you guys doing a hard left spin while air born.....I actually saw the impact, I was right next to you when you got hit. It was great to see you guys weren't hurt too badly and that the girl that hit you was OK too.

PLEASE let us know if you need any parts, we'll do what we can to chip in.

-Bigchief.

24. Good thing there were Hambers there.
    Most people nowadays won't stop to help someone with a flat much less a wreck.

25. monzadood

monzadood
    BANNED

today was a very good day.

[​IMG]

cab off

[​IMG]
    frame cut

[​IMG]

26. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

looking bitchen. i was expecting it to sit for a little longer. cant wait to see it back on the road.

27. hemifarris

hemifarris

Good to see you and your son are ok. Good luck with your repairs. Nows a good time to install a modern front end/frame clip.

28. monzadood

monzadood
    BANNED

newer than an s10 frame??:confused:

29. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

30. Zephyr3789

Zephyr3789

This thread is just another reason why I love this place! I'm glad to see everything worked out and everyone is ok... It's awesome you got back on it so quickly, can't wait to see pictures of it back on the road!