Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rose City Round Up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29hotrod55kustom, Apr 28, 2008.

1. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

Hey every one, for those who have not heard, there will be a new show on the west coast that is shaping up to be premier. Along the lines of Hotrod-A-Rama, it will be very much the same in nature. We have a full line up of great rock-n-roll, punk, and rockabilly bands set to play all day on an outdoor stage (which happens to be 53 ford flatbed)! At night while the party out side is still goin strong we will have bands playing inside in the bar area as well! The first annual Rose City Round-Up is a celebration of the hotrod lifestyle here in the Portland, OR. An Idea brought about by The Rod Benders CC was to combine efforts to make a much larger event that could bring something special to the city of Portland. Each year of the show, we choose a charity to give proceeds to. This year, many of us in the Portland area have been effected by cancer, so we have chosen the Lymphoma and Leukemia Society of Portland as our benificiary.We invite you to join us in 2008, to say you were one of the first to be at this annual event. You won't be disappointed! This event brings a mix of Pre-1965 Cars, with great music, food, and vendors. This show should guarantee a great hotrod experience.

There is plenty of lodging around for those who, we hope, will make the long haul to come to this event! Our web page (www.rosecityroundup.net) has all the info regarding hotels near the show, as well as a map of the area. The show will be held at Jubitz Trucking Center/The Portlander Inn, near Portland International Race way (which if we have enough support, we can hopefully move the show to and include drag racing).

So far this year this is a list of the vendors..
    This Years Vendors:
    Satilite Kustoms - Trophy Queen, Lucky 13, and more....
    Vintage Roadside - Celebrating the incredible history and advertising graphics of mom and pop businesses of the 1930s through early 1960s—and to feed our own obsession with history and vintage souvenirs—the Vintage Roadside gift shop brings you new t-shirts featuring vintage graphics from authentic roadside memorabilia. www.vintageroadside.com
    Golden Lanes Bowling Ally - Offering custom bowling balls, Bowling Shirts, and some other great products.
    The Future - The Future is www.vintageroadside.com
    El Robbo Pinstriping - Pinstriping on site by El Robbo, as well as many pinstriped accesories for sale.
    April May Photography - where true art has four wheels. You are not going to find studio shots here, flashy fashion photography or endless mountain landscapes. But you will find steel, wheels, and everything else that makes up an automobile. www.aprilmayphotography.com
    Cherry Redd Inc. - Bringin Rockabilly Fashion to Salem! Your local purveyors of Lucky 13, Black Market Art Co., Dickies, Lucky Kat, etc. www.cherryreddfashion.com
    Knuckleheads Clothing - unique and cool line of clothing for boys with an edgy urban look www.knuckleheadsclothing.com
    Two Vintage Gals - Get all your vintage wear here! These gals have it all.
    Thats Swank! - Clothing and Accesories
    Layrite Deluxe Pomade & Haircuts By Rob - Holds like wax yet washes out like gel www.layrite.com
    Retro Action Designs - Repros of the Mexican tourist(circle)skirts from the 30's,40's and 50's
    Spray On Custom Coatings and Accessories -
    Tiger Motors - High quality licensed automotive apparel, licensed automotive timepieces and limited edition automotive collector art. www.tigermotors.com

Icon 3D Signs - The best way to stand out! Specializing in Car Show Signs, Car Show License Plates, Banners & Signs, CNC routing, and Etching & Decals. www.icon3dsigns.com

as well as a pending vendor spot for Eelco Speed Equipment..

Admission for those car show participants who pre-register online before May 31st will be $10.00 per car, after that the price goes up to $15.00. There is no charge for the public to view the show. Ample public parking is available around the event area. Bands will be playing all day outdoors for FREE. There is a night concert that will be $10 that will showcase the Quarter Mile Combo from Sonoma County, California. Other great bands playing this year are The Dirty Birds, The Juke Joint Gamblers, Hot Rod Carl, Oblivion Seekers, The Stood-Ups, Dry County Crooks, Fenbi, Hard Money Saints, Drag Strip Riot, The Burdens, Rum Rebellion, Bubba Speed, Hard Luck Three, Shannon and The Cannons, and Venus and the Linntonites.

and to close.. heres a plug for our great sponsors!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

so.... WHO'S IN?!!

www.myspace.com/rosecityroundup
    www.rosecityroundup.net

2. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

Awesome, sounds good. I'll be there.

3. ironbuyer

ironbuyer

This is great. I can't wait. Lots of stuff to do this year. Amocat will be there. I just heard something about this show and here it is on the Hamb tonight. Thanks for stepping up, Portland needs this. Awesome!
    Steve Glucoft
    Amocat Speed Emporium
    Hotrodarama

4. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

5. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

right on! sounds great, and i totally agree! the portland area has needed a big event like this for a long time, not only will it add to the list of NW events but it will hopefully be one of those shows people look forward too the same way we all look forward to hotrodarama!

6. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

also, if any one has connections at moon... one of the guys also working on making this event, talked to someone from moon at Viva and they said they were interested in doing a sponsorship. i doubt that he's contacted the guy from moon because im sure we would have heard back by now and he's kinda a procrastinator. i'd really like to have the Moon name attatched to our show due to the fact that they are very well respected and stand for the ideas we're trying to put forth with this show. so, if anyone knows the cats at moon that were at viva, can you have them contact me? thanks.

-Jr.

7. hopefully this will be the 1 day in june it doesnt rain.......really,good luck guys Pdx needs this kinda stuff

8. Hotrod1932

Hotrod1932
    from Oregon

Count on me...you may want to throw out a reminder when it get's close..The old thinker ain't what it used to be..

9. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

dont worry.. i will be advertising the hell out of this until the day of the show. we will need maximum exposure to get this thing started on the right foot. anyhow, if everyone could also help by spreading the word by any means or media possible it would be much appreciated!!

-Jr

10. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

IT'S MAY FOLKS<wbr>!!! YOU GOT 27 DAYS LEFT TO REGIS<wbr>TER YOUR CAR AT A DISCO<wbr>UNTED<wbr> PRICE<wbr>!! FIRST<wbr> OF JUNE THE REGIS<wbr>TRATI<wbr>ON GOES UP!<wbr>!!! SO HOW BOUT YOU MOSEY<wbr> ON OVER TO THE ROUND<wbr> UP WEBSI<wbr>TE AND REGIS<wbr>TER THAT TRADI<wbr>TIONA<wbr>L HOT ROD OR CUSTO<wbr>M WE KNOW YOU HAVE!<wbr>!!

www. rosec<wbr>ityro<wbr>undup<wbr>. net

[​IMG]

DON'<wbr>T FORGE<wbr>T TO CHECK<wbr> THE BLOG SECTI<wbr>ON HERE TO SEE OUR LIST OF VENDO<wbr>RS!!!

11. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

who would be interested in having like a hamb BBQ the friday night before the car show??

12. FatfenderJ

FatfenderJ

Hamb BBQ sounds like a good idea. -Joel

13. april may

april may

Lookin forward to it!

14. Mockie

Mockie

Just heard about this run from a gal that bartends at Duff's Garage. I am pretty much a loner so far but wanting some events like this to get involved a little more. Excited about this one and hope more like this are on the way for PDX area. Hamb BBQ sounds good to me also.

15. Kustom64ford

Kustom64ford

The wife and I have it on our calender. Looking forward to a cool show that we don't have to drive hundreds of miles for!

16. Vintage Roadside

Vintage Roadside

Can't wait! Between this and Billetproof it should be a great month for shows here in the NW. Thanks again for putting this together. As others mentioned it's nice we don't have to drive several hundred miles to see a cool show.

17. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

IT'S ONLY 4 WEEKS TILL THE VERY FIRST ROSE CITY ROUND UP!! WE HAD A HUGE SURGE OF PRE-REGISTRATIONS OVER THE WEEKEND, SO HURRY UP AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE DISCOUNTED EARLY REGISTRATION PRICE WHILE YOU ITS STILL AVAILABLE!!

THE LAST DAY OF MAY 31ST IS YOUR LAST CHANCE AT THE LOWER PRICE!!

BE ONE OF THOSE WHO CAN SAY THEY WERE THERE FOR THE VERY FIRST ANNUAL OF THIS FANTASTIC EVENT!

ON THAT NOTE HEAD ON OVER AND GET THAT PRE-65 TRADITIONAL HOT ROD OR CUSTOM OF YOURS PRE-REGISTERED FOR THE SHOW TODAY!

PEACE OUT CUB SCOUTS!

WWW.ROSECITYROUNDUP.NET

18. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

ok folks, those who are down for the BBQ friday night let me know now! it will be held at Ali's (SlamCouver) house! down to 3 weeks till show time.. im personally struggling to bring my car that got t-boned by a dumb bitch goin 50mph by the way, back to life for the show!

[​IMG]

19. Fidget

Fidget

I have it on my list, hope I'll be able to make it. Usually when i plan on something in advance, something stupid happens at the last moment.

20. facefive

facefive

lookin' forward to it!

21. sadayo

sadayo

I've got a link to the info on my site for you. It's hard for me to get weekends off during the summer, so here's hoping...

22. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

if Ali was paying attention he'd post up his addy so people know where to go on friday night..

23. Stumptown Shoebox

Stumptown Shoebox

I'll be there with my Cliché-Rod

24. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

may is over! that means the slightly discounted registration is over! if youre gunna preregister ya got about 3 weeks to do it or else you'll be doin it at the gate! dont forget, registered cars get a goodie bag, a discounted event-T option, and discounted tickets for the show inside as an option as well!! look for a thread regarding the BBQ kickoff party friday night! dont miss out on this first time event!

if you have any questions feel free to email me at [email protected]

head on over and register today!
    rosecityroundup.net

25. zgears

zgears

HAHA.... I may roll out there on my Triumph. Ill be shure and dress like Bowser from Sha na na so I can fit in with all the minitrucker turn rockersillys.

26. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

Alright, It is I Ali!!! give me a PM with RSVP if you are planning on Attending the Exclusive Hamb BBQ across the river in Downtown Vancouver WA the friday night before and ill get back to you with my Addy directions and whatever else.

27. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

wow, is that really what you think?

28. Stumptown Shoebox

Stumptown Shoebox

I'll drink some PBR, not because it's cool, but because it's been not-cool just long enought that drinking it would be ironic, which would be cool.

29. Stumptown Shoebox

Stumptown Shoebox

*Awkward silence accompanied by look to the side*

30. zgears

zgears

Priceless..........