Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jeep/Willy's pickups

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gonmad, May 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gonmad

gonmad

What'cha got? I have a 51 flatbed that I aquired.
    Also, a buddy said he saw one "rodded" (bobbed and chopped and fenderless with a drop axle) on fleabay a few weeks ago, but did not send me a link or pics! Anyone got pics of that one?

Attached Files:

2. gonmad

gonmad

Do I hear crickets chirping? LOL!

3. ...here's one I put together a few years ago...
    [​IMG]

4. gonmad

gonmad

Whooaa! We have one!! Do I hear two?!!? Gimmie two! Two, two, two, two! How 'bout one and a half!!?
    Thanks!

5. Lil' Toot

Lil' Toot
    from Tulsa, OK

Here's my late-father's. I've still got it. We took it down to do some work on it before he passed, and just never got it back up. I'm planning on getting it back on the road soon. 351, auto, 9" rear. The work in question included some front end repair, swapping the 2bbl to a 4bbl, new column, B&M Shifter, stance adjustment, bigger tires in the rear. All I need to get it back on the road is a rewire and re-run the fuel system. Got plans for new rear bumper (it's missing now), new taillights, one piece running boards, ect. Even thought about making a roadster out of it, don't know. I'll freshen the flat black and flames for now, but it'll get paint one of these days.
    [​IMG]

Also got a 46 jeep thats been handed down from my Grandfather, to my Dad, and finally to me. It's completely stock, but unrestored (and in desperate need of it). It's about the only thing I have any desire to leave stock.

6. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

What, no one has posted the Fiddyfour ride yet? Letme see if i got one. Its not a very good picture, but its one. Look at the "rust Revival pictures for a better picture of Fiddy's truck. Gene

Attached Files:

7. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

thee ORIGINAL "BAD OL' WILLYS" !!!!!

[​IMG]

8. sanmartin72

sanmartin72

1948 Willy's Overlund " Blown Wood "
    <HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->1948 Willy's Overlund Pickup

Owner ::: Dave's Dirty Garage

This is what happens when the 60'S AND 70'S with ALCOHOL & CHEM DEPENDANCY and add a couple of tours to VIETNAM might do!!
    and HE SAID HE CAME BACK WITH NO SIDE AFFECTS !!! YA RIGHT! ""

All joking aside Dave is a good friend who fabricates all of his items even if it doesn't need it!

This truck is a 1948 WILLY'S , body parts except for cab were handmade from mahogany wood by dave himself . That means fenders. grill. running boards bed and rear wing are mahogany.

Blown Chevy 350 eng using V6 buick pistons
    On top of the 671 Blower is a hand fabricated intake manifold that uses 6 two- barrel 97 strombergs. No dummy carbs all 6 work.

All the linkage, fittings you name it, it has been made by Dave.
    Front Axle is 1933 Chrysler tube with disc and is bagged all away around.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Got a wagon or two...no pics (currently on the road away from home computer)....plan is a Flathead Ford V8 in one! ;) But that Super Hurricane 6 is a great engine!

10. gonmad

gonmad

My gosh! Dave has waaay too much time on his hands! LOL!
    That chop on the one Sam posted (yours?) looks pretty cool!
    Any More?

11. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

no,,that is/was Tinglers,(a.k.a. Bad Ol' Willys)

12. My plans kinda got derailed by a tree.

[​IMG]

13. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

only little girls and homos build willys jeep rods :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.