Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stockton Wheel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodChassis, May 14, 2007.

1. OneRude62

OneRude62

I just got set of wheels from Stockton Wheel and they really did a great job in helping me get what I wanted and they did it in a timely fashion too.

2. Even better.

3. 5window

5window

So I just don't get it. One or two guys says great service,the majority say they took my money,never called,never answered and never delivered. Doesn't make sense. How'd you get the expected service when so few others didn't??

BTW, your bio says "ask me" so we will. Post up an entry,mate,so we can see you're not really those wheel people we're talking about. Introductions are polite, and expected.

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

And how come you list yourself as being from Utah, yet you are posting from a STOCKTON, CA IP address?

Par for the course...

I'm serious when I say that I would FULLY support you guys if you simply acknowledge the problems of past and address them rather than snoop around with fake usernames and litigation threats.

Business is hard work. Most people get that. Shit happens. Correct that stuff and people will start to appreciate that to.

5. OneRude62

OneRude62

Sure let me introduce myself the names Mike and I've been around cars since my dad first bought a Biscayne in 62 since then i've had a few that I've fixed up ma self.The car I referred to is pictured in my avatar with OEM widened stockton wheels on it. :)

6. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

doh!

Cockton strikes again... spending time online trying to pull the wool over our eyes when they could be trying to make some customers happy...

...hard to believe... :rolleyes:

7. OneRude62

OneRude62

I moved to stockton in '95 and been living here since which is why i went with stockton wheel, local guys and i could drop in when i felt like it to check on my wheels

8. Buzznut

Buzznut

THAT is exaclty why you got what you wanted when you wanted it. A lot of us don't have time to just stop by and ask where our order is. Your "success" story doesn't mean diddley...the only success I'd say you had was in wasting your time doing their job for them...unless of course, you ARE from Stockton Wheel...in which case, your just a gonad of a shill.

9. Flatattack

Flatattack

Hmmmmm.................I smell a Rat!

10. You've been there 13 years and still claim to be from Sioux Falls, S Dakota?
    That said, I also got quick service from them; but after reading this thread for over a year, I won't use them again.

11. James66g

James66g

Hey guys I couldnt find anyone else that even knew what an astro supreme was! Ordered me a set and because I was in a bind (installed disc breaks and my stocks wouldnt go back on) they even loaned me some rollers. while i waited for the supremes to come in the supremes took a while but looked great. had em mounted and balanced like 4 times at Les Schwab and the drove to Stockeon wheel who rebalanced to get a shimy out no charge. They were cool dealt with Bobby seemed to be a nice guy. I did have an issue getting my centercaps theysent me the wrong set 3 times then finally the right set. It did take em hella months but I am cool now. And I have no hard feelins for em. I am lookin for another supreme for the spare though who would you recomend? does anyone make em correct ie not fit alls?
    james

12. I guess they don't understand "nominative fair use",

"The nominative use test essentially states that one party may use or refer to the trademark of another if:
    1. The product or service cannot be readily identified without using the trademark (e.g. trademark is descriptive of a person, place, or product attribute)
    2. The user only uses so much of the mark as is necessary for the identification (e.g. the words but not the font or symbol)
    3. The user does nothing to suggest sponsorship or endorsement by the trademark holder. This applies even if the nominative use is commercial, and the same test applies for metatags.

Furthermore, if a use is found to be nominative, then by the definition of non-trademark uses, it can not dilute the trademark."
    Quoted from this page:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nominative_use

The concept of "Fair Use" stems from the First Amendment
    of the U.S. constitution.Something about freedom of speech.:rolleyes:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use_%28US_trademark_law)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

Obviously,they don't understand the difference between
    Copyright and Trademark.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trademark

Or exactly who they are threatening.

13. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

"<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Ryan [​IMG]
    Ironically, Stockton is threatening to sue me because of this thread. They claim that the use of their name in the title is copyright infringement.
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>"

That's just so lame, it'a actually a bit sad.

eBay can't shut down www.ebaysucks.com but these guys think they can prevent people from discussing their treatment from this place?
    Give me a break.

A fish always rots from the head.

14. caseyajones

caseyajones

Yesterday I sent Stockton Wheel this email:

"I don't know if your managment has seen this thread (I posted a link to this thread) or not but I'm sure they would want to. It seems there are a lot of disappointed customers out there. I was planning on using your services but not now. Not because of this thread but because I called you guys today was treated like crap. It seems that some of the rumors are true."

Here's their response:

Casey,
    My name is Ted J. Welch, I am the marketing adviser for Stockton Wheel Service. We field email messages from SWS customers everyday. We don't share your believe that Stockton Wheels Service has a poor reputation nor do we feel the posts on the Jalopy Journal reflect the majority of SWS customers. We get quite a lot of very positive feedback each day from happy customers. In fact, a great deal of the posts on the HAMB are placed by competing wheel suppliers, so the source of some of these posts are questionable.

Occasionally, we hear from a customer that is unhappy with the service or the product. In these cases, like yours, we try to see if we can help correct the perception or rectify the problem a customer is having. Our goal is to get you want and make sure you are satisfied. If I can help you with your request or with some information, I would be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,

Ted J. Welch
    Managing Editor
    ClassicCar.com

*end of email*

I appreciate his response but I'm still left scratching my head.. where are all of the satisfied customers singing their praises? On a positive note though, I've already had numerous PM's sent to me with people offering to help me out and sell me hoops for my wheels. Thanks a lot guys!

15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Lets see... I know half the guys commenting on this thread and not a one of them owns a wheel company.

And btw, Ted is the guy that threatened me with a lawsuit.

16. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

My name is Ted J. Welch, I am the marketing adviser for Stockton Wheel Service....

translation: "I provide bullshit lip service for stockton wheel"

this dude would do well in politics.

17. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Man, sounds like Ted has one of the hardest jobs in the business, defending those guys. Let's see, suing Ryan = screwing the hamb = guaranteed loss of tons of business - yeah, sounds like a great idea for marketing advice!

18. Absolutely sealed the deal right there.
    I was looking at some of their stuff, but I'll never use them now!
    They should realized, in the new world of internet, you're not going to get away with shitty customer service.
    Sounds like they should be spending that money on more equipment and employees rather than trying to sue someone.
    You reap what you sow.
    They're just learning a little financial lesson in a little thing called accountability.

19. Why would someone bitch about service from a wheel company if they own a wheel company themselves? If I owned a wheel company it would be even less reason to look at Stockton and that has nothing to do with their service. The reason I looked at them was because I needed wheels and don't happen to own a wheel company. Logic, some people just don't get it.

20. Clark

Clark

Ryan...I may still have the reciepts to back my story. Not that it would ever make it to court. Their threat is a joke.....just like their service!
    Clark

21. roadracer

roadracer

Seriously! Marketing 101 - if you screw up, bend over backwards to fix it, go further than necessary to help the customer. These days you simply cannot afford to be this bad for this long and hope to get away with it.

I view the HAMB as the best car forum on the 'net, *period* with a bunch of great guys who WANT to buy this stuff all the time. Their recent move was so counter-productive...

22. budd

budd

cant you sue people who threten to sue you for stress?

23. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Never done Stockton wheels, used to buy from Rally and and have gotten several sets from Wheel Vintiques lately, basically because their powder coating charge is still reasonable. Also got quick service, about 2 weeks from order to delivery.

24. my wheels were delivered very late and had a very cheesy rattle can paint job. the build quality was good though. don't plan on using them again. i've bad luck with wheel vintiques also, over some hub caps they made.

25. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I used the Wheel Smith and got my wheels in about 3 weeks,I had them powder coat them and they turned out great. I heard stories about Stockton and used them instead,I dont know if Stockton had the artilleries but the wheel Smith did so I got them. Jeff

26. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

I had the same experience with them as most here have. I needed a pair of '35 wires widened. Called them and the said they could do it in 4-5 wks. Sent the wheel to them the next day. I needed them in 8 wks for a show so 5 wks was great. After I sent the wheels, I was told by several people that they did good work but they never deliver on time. I did some hunting around on line and found nothing but bad feedback every where I looked. I figured that with some follow up on my part, I could make sure the wheels would be done before the show. Called 3 wks after shippment and the answer was that they did not have any record of the order. Several paniced hours later they found the wheels and the wheels would be done on time. 1 1/2 wks later I called wheels aren't done yet but they were the next in line. called a few days later and the person I was dealing with wasn't in so they gave the phone to the guy that does the work and he tells me that it will be another 4-5 wks.

After several nasty measages left for the sales person that I was dealing with went un-answered, I called back and asked for the same sales person but said that I was someone else and had a big order to place, and suddenly he was available.

After some steern words were exchanged about ethical buisness practices, He offerd no better solutions and said if I didn't like it he would be more then happy to ship the wheels back at my expence.

I was told that the wheels were allready cut and just needed to have the new rim welded on. With no option left, I had to let them finish the job. 14 wks after I shipped the wheels to them I got a call that they were ready and would ship soon.

I own a manufacturing business and I know that I am selling a service to my customers. My customers don't expect that service to be problem free (well most any way). But instead expect better service when things do go wrong.

In that respect, Stockton Wheel failed miserably.

The quality of the work was good, but because of the poor handling of a job gone wrong, I will never do business with them again. Nor can I recomend them to the dozen or so people at every show I go to who ask me who did the work!!!!!!!

Stockton Wheel if you don't like my opinion.... you can sue me too!!!!

27. 40Tudor

40Tudor

After reading recent activity on this thread, I gotta put a good word in for Jimmy and Rally America (Alliance Vendor BTW).

He's sold me bare hoops and complete wheels. The hoops were in the mail the day after I talked to him, the wheels were at my door about 2 weeks after I ordered them (and he didn't have the F100 innie centers when I placed the order).

My Stockton experience was like everyone else's. They looked nice enough when they finally showed up but the wheels that I built myself and the ones from RA were straigher than Stockton's.

28. So you just joined the HAMB yesterday (5-30-2008) and put in your profile that you were from Sioux Falls, SD, but you have lived in Stockton, CA for the last 13 years? WTF???!!!

Since you don't actually live here you should probably change your profile.

Why did you pick Sioux Falls? Or did you actually live here? Ever? Tell me a few things about the Sioux Falls area. What's the name of the old high school downtown? Where's the closest drag strip? Where is the closest dirt track and whats its name?

Waiting for your reply.

29. 41woodie

41woodie

Nothing to say about Stockton, never used them. I have used Marsh Racing in Siloam Springs, Ark. and was quite pleased. The order was for special offset Chevy Rallye wheels, they got them to me when promised, the rears had the wrong offset, I called and they immediately made a new pair and got them to me within a couple of days. They used to do rallye's, smooth stock wheels, wide 5's etc. or at least they used to.

30. 40 grey

40 grey
    from s.w. Fla.

Never bought from cockton wheel. Did buy from wheelsmith, though.(Sorry if that pisses off their thin skinned legal dept). Really good experience. To my door, from california to florida, in five days ! I would use them again. However, next time I will probably give wheelkid the oppurtunity at the buisiness. Sorry, didnt realize you were in buisiness wheelkid.:eek: