Register now to get rid of these ads!

Des Moines GG roll call

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boones, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Who is going to make the GG show in Des Moines new weekend.

I am leaving Wed and plan to get there sometime on Friday.

If you are going, how about posting a pic of you car so we know what to look for.

2. lulabelle

lulabelle

Boones,do you ever stop?You're my hero!

3. 53Chebby

53Chebby

I will be there Friday all day and then Saturday until about 4 or 5 PM unless I can talk the girlfriend out of going to a wedding reception Saturday night, then I will be there all three days. My '53 won't be drivable yet so I'm either gonna take my '71 MG or my ex-father-in-law's '67 Lemans 'vert, since they opened up the dates to '72 this year. We should all plan to meet up somewhere on Friday or Saturday. Maybe Porky's. but that place will be packed.

4. 53Chebby

53Chebby

I will talk to my buddy Lonnie too. He might be there with his '59. Look for a white '59 Impala with the license plates IMPALER. I'll try to post a pic of his car here in a while if I can find one.

5. 53Chebby

53Chebby

Found a pic of the Impala.
    [​IMG]
    Boones, are you gonna' have your wagon there?

If anybody wants to meet up give me a jingle. My cell number is (515) 291-1326.

6. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

I'm there. leaving thurs afternoon, and staying all weekend. I'll be in this.

Attached Files:

7. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Will be there Fri & Sat. Stop and talk. I'll be in this.

[​IMG]

Will you be driving the wagon?????

B [​IMG] B

8. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

well there will be a few of us. this is my first time to this event so I am not familar with the grounds. Having a pic of your cars will help me find my way.....

Lulu - I am lucky the wife was willing to use vacation time for it.,,,, this is my endless summer car cruise.. looking to hit all corners of the country..

9. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

10. moparrodder

moparrodder

Boones, We'll be there Saturday, hopefully with the kids T bucket,. It's yellow with orange and red stripes on it, a flat bed on the back and a beer keg for a gas tank and no top. Some of us are going to meet at noon Saturday by Yogi's booth in the big air conditioned building where most of the venders set up. See ya there some place!! Bill

11. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

I am signed up. Haven't figured out transportation, but I have the coupe entered. I am very short on cash so I may just go on sat. hope to see ya there.

12. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

I'll be there all 3 days but will be playing musical cars depending on what days the wife and kids go. Look for either the 29 PU or 57 wagon. Most likely will have the PU there on Saturday.

I think we ought to meet at the "Garage Grown" area that Jim A. said would be at all the GG events. It's probably on Saturday. 2 pm would be good. Wadda think?

13. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Heres the 57 to look for.

Hey Hiboy, ya gotta bring your coupe again. I wanna see what it looks like chopped!!

CF

14. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

I'll be there, don't know if my '31 will. Just got all the parts together, still working on it. Probably be wearing a HAMB Drags T shirt.

If interested in a side trip, Hambers are welcome to stop by, about 40 miles S.E. of Des Moines.

15. i'll be there friday and saturday if i get the air working, it will be hot down there!

corn fed....i like your truck...makes me miss my `29 phone booth cab

16. I'm goin but I won't have a car this time....I'll be wearing a HAMB shirt...

17. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Is there going to be a garage grown area at Des Moines, I know that COlumbus is supposed to.? If so, that is a good place to meet up.

18. moparrodder

moparrodder

Rocky, I'm pretty sure Chad and I will have the bucket there as Andrew is finishing up the electical problem tomorrow but will have to haul it out there as the front tires havent come in yet but they will be ok to putt around the grounds. If I had a bigger trailer I'd help 32 Highboy out in getting the coupe there but I don't think the ole mountianeer would handel it [​IMG] We'll see ya there!! Bill

19. 53burb

53burb

Boones. I e-mailed ya a pic of my '53 Ply'burb on how it is going to look when done. Did ya recieve it? knux

20. KIRK!

KIRK!

YEP, there will be a Garage Grown in Des Moines. JimA will be working the entrance to it.

21. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

burb, I did get it but had not downloaded it yet. I will after work.

22. carkiller

carkiller

I will be there friday-saturday In the swap meet area. HAMB shirt. Cal

23. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Hey corn fed that p/u looks killer. I would love ta have the coupe there, just can't find a ride. Thanks anyway mopar.