Register now to get rid of these ads!

Eastwood Powder Coating Guns?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dustyrustee, May 28, 2008.

1. Has any one here bought and used any of the Eastwood powder coat guns.....and if so which model and how well did they work????

Do the cheap ones actually do the job???

and if so how well????

thinkin to buy one..but don't like to throw mt money out for something that is no good...

thanks!!

2. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

I bought the cheap one, doesn't really matter much if you are doing small parts. It works very well. If you're going to do lots of big stuff, upgrade.

3. Retrorod

Retrorod

I do alot of small parts with mine. I have done a couple sets of steelie wheels but it takes a while to do. I think if I did alot more big stuff or started doing stuff for other people I'd have to upgrade. BTW, the Harbor Freight cheapie powdercoat guns are pretty shabby but they will work too.

4. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

Like most things in the eastwood catalogue it is just a hobbyist tool, good for some basic stuff but I wouldn't plan on running a business with it.

5. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Have seen them used sucessfully on semi-pro level with very good results. (shop that did parts for the cars they built, and friends) Unless you have a big spray booth and oven they're really the size limiters, not the gun.

The catch is once you're setup, you'll be doing way more than anticipated. And the guns always seem to hide a speck of the last color. So you'll probably end up with a gun dedicated to black, another for very light colors, etc.

6. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

aluminum intake, steel fuel log, cast iron thermostat housing and carb bases were all done with the first generation gun and cooked in a household electric range. For small parts I use a table top oven that heats up faster and uses less juicetricity.

I'm happy with the results.

7. belair

belair

I have an old one, just wish I had huge oven. I do wheels, intakes, valve covers, really like mine.

8. thanks for all the feedback guys.......

9. gtnrkix

gtnrkix

I have one of the first generation gun kits and some powder. I used it once and it worked ok. I'd sell it for whatever 1/2 of the current price is. AL

10. jamesdfo

jamesdfo

Ian: Recently saw your intro over on CDN Rodder. I am also in Edmonton, and both my bro and another friend have the Eastwood guns. If you wannna check out the guns, and the BIG oven that the other fellow built, PM me, and I will set up a visit so you can check out the gear and some results:)

James