Register now to get rid of these ads!

60's cadillac backspace ??s

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kropduster, May 6, 2008.

1. kropduster

kropduster

hey guys, gonna order up a set of supremes for a bagged 64 cad. trying to have it done buy the rust revival...what kind of issues will i have with the drums clearing the wheels. skirts ? is anybody runnin a spacer? any input is appreciated. thanks.- rp

2. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

bump>>>>>??

3. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

I've got astros on my 62, standard depth not the offset. No problems with the skirts or drums at all. I'm running 215/70 tires...oh yeah...have to have 15's

now my car isn't bagged but is lowered a little.

Hope this helps...

4. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

any hamb vendors for said wheels????// i could search, but im lazy and there not for me!!!!;)

5. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

6. athenamarie

athenamarie
    from Kahoka, MO

after all this work on the caddy .... think the starter went out ......immagine that. Ohh and all of the parts store books only go back to 65. .....after a bunch of phone calls , I think we will have one this friday am. But .. who knows if that is even the problem, all I know is he drove the car around back of the house to put new wheels on and ... new motor mount ... wont start now. ....U have no idea how aggrivating this is. And to top that all off now I have a bitchy husband to deal with. But as far as I know he is gonna take this friday off work to try to make this happen, but anyways , the wheels and tires look nice on the car , just wish we could have gotten the air ride done for the show , but I think that is WAY to much of an undertaking to even consider at this late point.

7. sasquatch alley

sasquatch alley
    from Fresno, Ca

Wheel kid might have something for ya. If not Wheel vintiques has caddy wires with a 3.75" back space. If you are going with steelies I recamend a 4" bs.

8. cadillac64coupe

cadillac64coupe

neutral saftey switch? make sure its all the way in park. also check your ground... thats what happend to mine