Register now to get rid of these ads!

Paso Robles

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bumpstick, May 28, 2008.

1. Bumpstick

Bumpstick

Did anyone know if the city put on the classic car auction? How did the local merchants do? Are they pissed on happy? Just kinda curious. -stick

2. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

It's a valid question, but I personally don't care. I went to Santa Maria and drove straight past up and down and never thought much about it other than they do have some nice plants in the median of the highway. They don't want us around, fine that's cool, I don't waste my time worrying about what else they think.

3. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

I heard that Paso was empty saturday night and the local merchants aren't happy about it.

4. Cruiser

Cruiser

BS,

:D I heard that the car auction was very small and the quality wasn't there. A group of city merchants are suing the city for lost income. The merchants are still very unhappy and lost big time. The city all weekend was dead per friends who live there in Paso. The only happy people in Paso last weekend were the wino's and their distorted view of life.

CRUISER :cool:

5. TERPU

TERPU

Yep, I grew up there so I can make this statement- Serves those snobby, uppity, dumbass no count MOTHERFUCKER TRANNY IMPORTED folks right! Wherever they came from. Bring the show back to where it belongs, Paso. No offense to those who went to SM but it just don't fit. Local rant over now.

Tim

6. art.resi

art.resi

Yea' I grew up there to. The hot rod scene was a lot of fun there
    in the 50s and 60s. Nice weather this time of year.

7. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

some buddies of mine threw a little bbq/ car show at their shop on sat in paso. had quite a few cars there and bands. so paso wasnt completely dead.

8. Iron-Iceberg

Iron-Iceberg

I was there Fri night to take the Jane to a movie. I saw about 10 cars from some kinda old ford club I'm guessing on the grass in the park and a DJ playing oldies in the gazebo. Looked like about 30 people out there.
    The rest of the town had about the same old Fri night crowd. Nothing special, just the usual amount of people.

9. autobilly

autobilly

So, is it too late if they (the town fathers) want it back?

10. Weasel

Weasel

I guess you could get a reasonably priced hotel in PR then?

11. hot rod newt

hot rod newt

I was out of town last weekend, but the Main Street Assn. tried to put on a "roaring twenties " party on Friday night. From what I heard, the local Model A club was about the only ones there. The car auction wasn't much. Pete Johnston Chevrolet put on a free car show, I heard close to 100 cars. And like JohnnyG was saying, a shop in town had a little show/bbq in town. Thats all for now, news at six...

12. PoopStain06

PoopStain06
    BANNED
    from SoCal

Paso Robles is a nice place.....

for me to poop on!

13. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

14. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

Fuck that Place.... The city got what they wanted.

15. The Blurr

The Blurr

Yup, The local auto body shop put on a little car show/bbq along with the Pine St. Saloon. The bbq was going to be a benifit for the Paso historical soc. and the DARE program. The City about through a fit! Come Thursday morning Joe the guy who owns the body shop came to work. Across the street there was an under cover cop parked. The officer gets out calls to Joe and starts to say "I'd advise you not to do what what you are planning this weekend" Then another officer comes up and starts in on him also. "You can't have a car show you do not have permits" Joe says I have them I'll turn them in. Cop says we won't sign them. Joe goes on an says the bbq is a fund raiser for the city and DARE program. Cop says we don't care. And goes on to say if you do have a car show we will pull anyone over the steps off your property and throughly check the out and arrest anyone that steps out of line in any way. So through out the day 19 cop cars cruised past his shop all day. He called the local KSBY news chanel and they came out and did an interview with Joe. I can't believe all this strong arm secret police bullshit. Thanks to all our comardes in the City Council. I will be going to the next city council meeting and will try to round everyone to go also to give a big GOOD JOB to all the members for fuckin this town up good.

16. Buzznut

Buzznut

I still thinks it's lame that they moved it...I thought it was a great get together. Just goes to show you how politics can ruin this hobby...

17. PoopStain06

PoopStain06
    BANNED
    from SoCal

WoW,.... keep us posted, that is some real BS.

18. Bumpstick

Bumpstick

I guess they were a'scared of all them "gang members" who was gonna' show up!! Jeez what a bunch of Nazis. Sorry to see your town go that route. Oh well, the gentrification of America knows no bounds. -stick

19. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

But at least they could get to the library ok.

20. The Blurr

The Blurr

Will do I have not spoke to anybody since Thursday night. I was told that they had the little show anyway. They keeped it down to a dull roar. It started a five and ended at nine. (Which was the original plan to begin with) Another thing I had forgot to mention was they were planning a mock "funeral prosesion" for the cruise night, they all going to drive thier cars down main street, keep in mind there was only about 10 or 12 cars but IMO I think that is really what freaked out the city. They probably thought it was going to be some huge civil up rising. Car guys running in the streets ancharchy all around:rolleyes:.
    Which is probably not to far from the truth when this whole car show thing went down one of the City Council members I believe it was Jim App said "I saw people handing out flyers for a "RUMBLE" thinking it was an actual rumble.

21. The Blurr

The Blurr

HAHAH! Yup that was Nooo problem at all.:D

22. PoopStain06

PoopStain06
    BANNED
    from SoCal

Rusty james always hands out flyers before a fight... what a bunch of dip shits!

[​IMG]

Fuck Paso, right in the ear!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  23. Reminds me of Hot Fuzz..."For the greater good.":rolleyes:

Reverend Jake

24. WTF this is something out of a movie! Please keep us posted

25. The Blurr

The Blurr

26. remember these "cops" are the same dick weeds we kicked the crap out of when we were in high school cause the were punk-assed bitches then.......glad every body had a kool time in SM hope I make it next year!

27. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

joe said they raised about $250 (i believe). which was all donations and selling hotdogs. the only time the cops questioned anything was because cars were blocking the road. other than that he said it went real smooth. it would be nice if joe could do it a little often and we could make something out of. thats what happens when a great show gets moved. the locals dont want to give it up that easy. i say good for joe and the rest of the "Dirty Boys C.C.".

28. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Good lord, ridiculous. Sounds like a bad soap opera from the 80's. I feel sorry for the cool people in Paso that have to live with the show being moved. What else cool happens in Paso during the year? I can't imagine much. I certainly have no other reason to go there now and don't plan to.

29. Hahahahaha....I'm watching that right now :D