Register now to get rid of these ads!

SANTA MARIA / my 2 cents

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gambino_Kustoms, May 26, 2008.

1. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

Well said Alex, as you know my brother and family were visiting from out of state....other wise i would have been there.

2. TBell

TBell

I did not get to go this year, but seeing all the cars driving north on the 101 looked great to me. Next year will be great.

3. i have to agree there were some minor problems but hell thats expected.i had a blast being there and for the couple of hambers i met there and the people that heard about what of a disaster it started out to be for me on the way out there.my ol lady pushed me on because this is the first one. i'm glad she did because i wouldn't have missed it for the world i had people offering me rooms to stay in because of what happend and i'm amazed how friendly this culture is to complete strangers and how much it grows every year. i cant wait for next year i'm just sad that i missed all the great action and crusing friday and saturday night

4. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

Very well stated! Any event is what you make of it. Being around great friends and cool rides is what it is all about!!!!

5. Cruiser

Cruiser

Alex,

You have my support and I'll do all I can to help Santa Maria be a great show for us. The naysayers can stay home. I couldn't agree more with your tread and Kirk's.

CRUISER :cool:

6. MOCO559

MOCO559

What made it good was people like Alex giving all their support for make this a good show, the optimism and will of everyone coming together was a huge success. Ofcourse you'll have the "complainers" but they can sit back and complain about how everyone else is having all this fun and their not.

I myself and a EFFIN blast, we tore that town up and some of the people I was with arent' even car guys...they were there for the booze and women.

I think everyone who was there is already lookin forward to next year, we can't wait. Thanks for the great time!

7. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I tried but Penny said no... :(

But i'll be there for sure next year.....

8. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

we rolled threw early friday eve and it was a goast town we stop at the auto parts store the town folks a pised big time at the city , the city threw an antiquic show to componsat for the loss of the car show and no one showed up oh well there going to regret it.

9. kustomkat

kustomkat

I'll be honest, I can only look past Alex's post.... I didn't read the others. But he put it very well. I have been going to Paso since 1989. It is what you make of it. I live in Santa Maria. That means that I loaned my shop out to numorous people this last weekend due to small breakdowns. Not a problem, I met and interacted with people that I might not have met. I know that if I am ever in Northern California and have a problem, I can call a "Satans Angel" named Daniel and he will do what he can to get me home. In my opinion the "PEOPLE" make the event for me. Otherwise, I would be talking to myself. BTW, Alex, it was good to meet you...

10. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

I did have a great time, caught up with a some old friends, met some super cool new friends. So the cycle continues.....
    See ya next year..
    Wil
    www.sakowskimotors.com

11. I had a blast!!! I'll be back next year.

12. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

thanxs every one bottom line PASO OVER lets make santa maria GREAT!!!!!!

14. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

15. MarcG

MarcG
    from The OC

I've been going to Paso for 10 years, many people on here have been going a lot longer, the bottom line is that you can't compare apples to oranges. Paso always had a huge turnout of cars from Nor Cal and So Cal, and Santa Maria did too. I think it exceeded everyone's expectations. Step up and pay the $12 bucks because it's worth it. It ain't easy to put on on big show like this. I was shooting for a magazine and still paid to get in. Like Kirk said last week, "$12 is the new $5."

I only wish there was a little more sun. . . .but that's just because I'm a photographer. Me and the family will be back.

16. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

ya baby

17. Jay71

Jay71

Everyone in our group had a blast. Only regret is that I missed alot of the cars cause we were b.s.ing to much. Also, went to a liquor store on Main St. to get some supplies and right next to it was an old style drive up hamburger joint. The kind where they come up to your car and take your order( just like the old A&W). Plenty of parking and the place had a hot rod painted on the side. The place was just screaming to have some customs hanging out. Its right around the corner from the S.M. Inn. Could be a cool spot to cruise to next year.

18. no55mad

no55mad

Second Friday of each month, 5pm to 8pm, some cool rods show up there at JR's drive in. Good burgers too! Believe it is owned/run by someone from the famous Jocko's. Two of the cars that won awards at the WKC meet were there at the last Fri get together. They even had a band playing that night.

19. Jay71

Jay71

Damn that sounds like that could be the new A&W. I was suprised there were no cars hangin out. I think people were still getting a feel for where to go in town. I'll definately stop in and grab a burger next year. Looked like a cool spot.

20. no55mad

no55mad

Good people!! - they promote car gatherings there. See you there Fri 13th:eek:

21. sickboy713

sickboy713
    from oildale

never been to paso show. have spent memorial day weekend racing stockcars at local dirt tracks for the last 15 years. i was born and raised in SM but i live in bakersfield now. took the custom over had to rebuild the rearend after burning it up didn't get to the show till almost 1:00 pm on sat. we had a great time. next year we will go to some of the goings on at night. as we ended up at a friends house bbqing and watching ufc. looking forward to next year.

22. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

23. I hear that he's a "prospect" for the STUGOTS C.C.:cool:

24. Bumpstick

Bumpstick

YEAH! I saw that place too. Might be kinda cool to hang there on Friday night. The little burger place next to the SM Inn was packed all weekend I don't think they were expecting it but I'm sure the guy that owns it was happy!

25. 60'coupe

60'coupe

Bumpstick, When we were leaving on Monday Morning we drove by a OLD DRIVE INN MOVIE THEATER, that's another place with some potential !! About 2 miles south from the Santa Maria Inn on Broadway !!
    60'

26. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

I heard he was a prospect for the Snugglers

27. str8Pipe65's

str8Pipe65's

i'll tell you what- we had a huge showing from Nor-cal driving hours to hang with friends and long time homies- its always good to see local and non-local supporters- i still can't belive my car made the front page of santa maria times- good times good people and will always back our car kulture!!! Next year Bigger and Better!
    BiGG ReDD-Calaveras Rods and Kustoms

28. COOL. What car was that? I'm not familiar with which car is yours

29. tommy v

tommy v

big red got a silver 65 caddy,where's it at red:cool:

30. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

i heard that to :D