Register now to get rid of these ads!

Energy bill to get rid of cars 15 years and older

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4tford, May 27, 2008.

1. A Boner

A Boner

If You are reading this thread, and haven't joined "SEMASAN" You are part of the problem.

And yes chit like this get passed all the time..........being a stupid idea doesn't prevent it from being passed. I think it has to do with stupid people do stupid things........it's up to people with a vested interest to get off their asses, and help to straighten things out.

2. ditz

ditz

These people are not morons!:eek: The last elected senator to be elected in this fine state was smart enough to raise 19 million dollars, that is 19 with six zeros following, $19,000,000 to attain a $100,000 dollar a year job. Ask yourself 'Why". Do you think that he may owe somebody some big favors? ......These 'morons' have been whittling away on the gun laws for years and I believe that they will attain their goal. 10 years ago I would never thought that the Feds would be allowed to evesdrop on an idividuals phone calls and emails but look what the Bush boys have done and nobody seems to care. Which is the most scary, terrorist or our government? Maybe they are one in the same.

3. beetlejuice55

beetlejuice55

i just joined.....thanks for the tip.
    i always heard about it, but i could never remember the name.

4. Yelton57

Yelton57
    BANNED

fuck the government, i dont register my cars anyway! uncle sam's bitch ass is in our pockets enough as it is. if you get pulled over without plates all you have to do is tell a lie and pay a ticket.

5. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

6. Uncle Sam or no Uncle Sam, we will always manage somehow. Thankfully we do have SEMA working for us. I know most of us enjoy building with what we have but we do need the aftermarket industry to keep us and SEMA alive. I recommend that you become a member and support SEMA anyway you can.
    Bullies always pick on the little guys. The hobbyists and lower income class who can not afford to move up into a new model car. As for rodding, as I said before, we will always find a way. Artist, Jim Malaro 1990, Mag GCM 1990.
    [​IMG]

7. pool

pool

wachu meen i kaint plate my ride....om po an kaint git ta wuk wiff out it. maybe da gument gimme sum a dat byeout muney an i kin take da bus.

8. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

I really do not think they care. Supposidly when Joe Biden has to drive he drives a '60's Vette. You should ask the guy that sent you a e mail for a link to the exact language in the bill.

9. skwurl

skwurl

I dont drive anything less than 15v years old. Screw em. We dont live under a dictatorship. I'll drive what I want!

10. Years ago when we were discussing the cluncker laws of the 80s/90s, there were legislators such as Owen Johnson, NY that was a big supporter of hobbiests. SEMA also held also held "shows" on the lawn at either the House of Representives or Congress to introduce our lawmakers to the benefits and quaility of Rodding.
    Maybe it's time for more action of the same sort?

11. "When hot rods are outlawed, hotrodders will be outlaws."

If you think terrorists only reside in other countries, read what the politicians here in the USA are doing to us right now. We have terrorists here and they are the ones who pass the laws, control the cop puppets on the street who gather up the offenders (us) for the justice system to make billions off us criminals. If you don't think so, you say something in defense of yourself next time a cop pulls you over, you'll know real fast who the terrorist is.

Mikey
    "I Do Bad Things to Politicians"

12. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

this kinda shit never passes. i wouldnt worry too much

13. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

it's declined since 1988...

and just FYI the 1940 Hudson with a straight 8 and a 3 speed got 27mpg...

14. I hope not but who would have believed the government would give 2 mil to a wooden arrow manufacturing company? :confused: HRP

15. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

In Montana we can put a permanent plate on any car or truck that is 11 years or older.
    Perfect for hot rods pay one time and drive it to death.

16. An inconvenient truth..

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  17. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

they should get rid of the cars made in the last 15 years, there would be less problems!

18. David Chandler

David Chandler

Given the present economic mess, there is little chance this would fly. If they wanted to compensate you for your car in some way, where would they find the money? And if people can't afford a new one, who is going to finance them, when the banks are up to their nose in bad debts already?

19. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

stop your ranting and think...

Do you REALLY think the manufacturers could be behind this? Why do you think they continuously remind us of former models and the glory days? Why do they maintain museaum snd take concept cars all over the country to show them off? BRAND LOYALTY! Many of the execs at our domestic manufacturers embrace our hobby. I can't imagine the automakers could have any interest in a bill of this nature.

Now, think about the two major parties vying for your vote. Which one gets all the contributions from environmental activists and extremists like the Sierra Club and Green Peace? Yeah, that's right. The party that wants you to believe they are working for the common man, the factory worker, the lower class. Think about it!

Then VOTE!

20. Road Runner

Road Runner

I worry more about the future of gasoline quality, availability and cost.
    Whenever those elected bullies decide to really start going after us, they won't listen to anybody reasonable or organized, regardless.
    We may see increasing registration and insurance fees plus inspection and safety certifications, before any other major laws against old car owners get enacted.

21. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

I agree!

22. NO! i need them for parts!:D:D

23. K-is-for-kustom

K-is-for-kustom
    BANNED

just come to Missouri and register for historic tags. You never have to register your car, get and inspection, or buy tags again until you either die or sell the car. You can then drop your insurance even and still have legal plates for life. Even if you have the tags on your car that don't go to it, cops wont mess with you at all. its nice. just one more reason to crush your modern junk. Better do it before OBAMA BIN LADEN finishes his

24. motorhead711

motorhead711

They did a hydrocarbon test several years ago in Reno during hot august nights and found that the air during the 3-4 hour cruised was down on hydro carbons by 30% as opposed to a regular day of new car traffic. They found that older cars that were well maintained burned quicker and hotter, dissipating the emissions quicker. At least that's what was told to me by a professor at CSU CHico when I was there years ago. It will be a cold day in hell before someone comes knocking on my door asking to "Donate" my old car to the greater cause of the state or nation!!!