Register now to get rid of these ads!

SANTA MARIA / my 2 cents

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gambino_Kustoms, May 26, 2008.

1. plan9

plan9

the party is where ever me and my friends decide to park....
    we have our opinions, but damn we had a GOODfuckin time.

im bummed its over, cant wait till next year. the whiners SHOULD stay home, seriously.

thanks to Dan Collins for the help Thursday ;)
    [​IMG]

2. cruzr

cruzr

I had a blast !! My gal had the time of her life !! The show kicked ass !! And best of all i met some very cool Hambers i hadnt met before.........its about the people, thats where the "soul" comes from !!! see ya next year !!:cool:

Attached Files:

• 65.jpg
      65.jpg
      File size:
      52.2 KB
      Views:
  3. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

right on MR. Gambino!!!!

we had a blast and it was nice meetin' you at the shifters party!!

GOOD MAN!!!!

4. Bumpstick

Bumpstick

Panelbeaters had a blast!!!! We'll be back fo sho!!

Suggestions:

1. Didn't like it? Don't come back.

2. More $2 taco stands.

3. Bigger hamb gathering. Where were you people? Hahahaha...

4. Turn Spearmint Rhino back into a Pizza Hut.

I just wanted to say that any hotel manager that offers you a cup for your beer RULES!!!!!

She also told me the reason they couldn't close down Broadway for a cruise is because it's a state highway not a city street. The red tape for that would make the DMV look like a walk in the park!

The DICE party Ruled and it was walking distance from the hotel.

Thank you Santa Maria I'll be back. -stick

5. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I had to fly in, get a rental car...but I'll be bringing MY car next year...$5.00 a gallon gasoline be damned..."if you wanna play, ya gotta pay...!!!

R-

6. DanCollins

DanCollins

I thought the show was great, my wife had a great time too, but I guess I'm lucky she's into cars and not knitting. We stayed out by the airport which was a little far from stuff but it was still cool. Can't compare anything to Paso. But we will be back in Santa Maria next year to support Penny and the show. I can't imagine how much work it must have been to move a show that size to another location and have it work out as well as it did. Of course there will be a few issues that will hopefully be solved next year. Penny even told me friday that she let in too many T-shirt vendors and not enough artists etc. and was gonna put a change to that next year. So hopefully we will get Piero to drag his carcass up there next year....Saw lots of good friends that I only see once or twice a year, and had a blast at the dice party sat night. I saw lots of great cars that I hadn't seen before too, you just had to make the effort to walk the whole show cause they were everywhere....

7. norton

norton

Who in the hell was complaining? I had an awesome time! Met some good people, seen more sweet rides than I've ever seen at one time, and the bathrooms stayed clean wich I ain't never seen at a car show before. Also there was a lot of vendors selling some really cool stuff at decent prices and the bands were great. For crying out loud, what more could a guy ask for? I don't even remember what it cost to get in but it was well worth it. I'm definetly coming back next year.

8. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

I brought my BBQ and dint have to stand in any lines. I probably ate 15 bratwurst' and drank 100 beers in 3 days. This was the first year my friends and I had a car in the show and it made the experience 100 times better! He even got his rambler STRIPED! We will definately be back.

Oh Ya, and Kirk was lovin on my wifes chihuahua no matter what he says!

9. ibcalaveras

ibcalaveras

Alex speaks the truth , it is what we make it...

I had a great time met some old friends made a few new ones from Austin Texas. The "Continentals" enjoy some of our carne asada.. We were glad to share..
    Best of all, one of our cars made it on the front page of the local paper. Way to go Red... We will be back with a bigger BBQ next year...

10. Well said. I hope she makes enough from spectators to lower OUR fees a little bit in the future. We do spend a lot of money bringing our cars to the public. Alex, will you stay at the Travelodge again next year?? If you do, so will me and my friends.

11. Nice place. I knew Dan was RICH:)

12. DanCollins

DanCollins

haha, yeah I'm rich every month until the mortgage bill comes! then I'm busted.....

13. SHORTDOG

SHORTDOG

I have to admit that i was wondering what the foodlines and prices were gonna be like...But after BBQ'ING all night at the Motel......we didn't even feel like grubbing at the show......Beers, Girls, Friends, and lots of cool rides!! See you next year for sure!

14. Vorhese

Vorhese

I need some car buddies so I don't need to fly solo to these things. Neither car was roadworthy and no money kept me home. But the girlfriend was ready to camp in the pickup bed, so she gets mucho bonus points.

15. RagDoll

RagDoll

Not much to add except for AMEN. It is what you make of it.

The locals were WELCOMING and this was only year one in Santa Maria. Consider it the trial run. As far as maiden voyages (for the new venue) go, sure it's not PASO IN THE PARK, but the friends and the cars are still the same. (Well, modified but the same! LOL.)

Thanks Alex. Thanks everyone.

16. Gruizer54

Gruizer54

17. photofink

photofink

"You know, I really don't miss it. I have a business right down the street.We tend to pick up after them more than anything else," said downtown business owner Don Fuller. "

Probably owns a high end salon

18. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Alex Gambino is a new true friend !

Too bad the Mejia's (cousin included) didn't partake in the Bowling alley festivities Saturday night.

You guys missed good music & great La bamba impersonations !

19. I saw Gooz, but i missed not seeing Javier. He's an interesting guy, and it's the ONLY place I usually get to see him. Unless I go up to Daly city and buy another car from him:D

20. VonZacho

VonZacho
    from napa, ca

2 people, 2 days entry fee = 48 bucks... entry fee for one car(with 2 people, and as many ice chest's you can fit) = 50 bucks or if you ask me, priceless... something to think about... we had a GREAT time... hopefully SM Inn lets the friday night party go down like that every year... SHIFTERS, awesome party! super stoked about seeing dynotones and deke and who doesn't love $5 32oz PBR's fresh from the keg... if we were just "feeling it out" me personally i coped a nice feel... be back next year for sure

21. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

what a response thanxs

22. Gearhead Mike

Gearhead Mike

Great post Alex, I'll be back next year as well... in fact as long as Penny does it, so will Gearhead Magazine

23. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Alex for Presidente!!!!
    i hope to someday go to the other coast and enjoy that show...

24. studhud

studhud

I had a f$%^in great time! Penny and WCC did an outstanding job for the 1st time In Santa Maria. If people want to whine about about anything to do with the show do the rest of us a big favor STAY HOME! We'll have a blast without the brokedickcrybabyasswhiners!
    Dave

25. Dirty2

Dirty2

Alex for President !!!!

26. JamesG

JamesG

Great words Alex.

Some people really don't know how go they have it. Here in Arkansas your just happy to look out in your garage and see an old car.

They ain't crap going on here when it comes to traditional stuff.

But at least the Power Tour will be here in two weeks. Yippy! Two thousand billet PT Cruiser's.

27. I thought Alex WAS President:confused:

28. T-Roy

T-Roy

Last year was the 1st time I had ever attended WCK Paso. I had heard it was THE event to go to if I didn't go to any other show throughout the year. Saw some really bitchin' cars, but couldn't really enjoy the show for ALL the people. Wish I'd have gone in other years past, so I could have a better opinion. Though I don't think you can compare apples to oranges.

Anyway having said that, I had a great time at Santa Maria and will be back again next year. Hopefully with my car on the inside instead of in the parking lot. Alex, Don Hudson introduced me to you. It was cool to have met you.

29. T-Roy

T-Roy

Groucho, really dug the hell outta your coupe.

30. Thanks Boss. It's pretty cool for a "driver".