Register now to get rid of these ads!

A barn find for me

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarylarry, May 25, 2008.

1. My first though when someone said 'chop it' was that if you did it right, you could get rid of that ugly dogleg in the back window. Looks like that is a common thought from the pictures of chopped ones :)
    I love the shape for the front window, though - flows nice and is unique.

2. AD

AD

Straight up!, cool original stuff on it!, all i'd do is lower it a bit and a little de chroming, but mann go for it! if anything i'm sure you could flip it!

3. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Larry that ROCKS...I like them alot esp after i saw the mint green & bare metal one...Thats AWESOME!!

4. Neat find, Larry!! Gotta be a rare item. I can see it now next year at the Showdown on the track, mud spraying everywhere, beautiful sight. Good luck whatever direction you go with it.......Don.

5. rodknocker

rodknocker

Thats a HAMBers ride,I saw a thread a while ago about it being choosen as an editors choice in a mag.

6. PumpGasRatVette

PumpGasRatVette

That is one neat and rare old car...'ya gotta get it and do something with it! I'd think the possibilities are limitless. Good luck.

7. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

should be easy to get going. Mostlikely a continental flat 6 in the 223 inches 100 hp of so. if stock 6 V Positive ground. If any problems are envountered in getting it started it will probably have a cylinder or two with stuck open valves from sitting on a cam lobe for years. might be necessary to pull the head and play whack a mole while turning the engine over. Or you can pull start it and maybe the heat an vibration will free them.

Kaisers are cool, neighbor had one when I was a kid. They wanted to compete with Caddilac, so lots of content but the Conti 6 kinda was the damper.

8. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

Great find, needs a late 50's Packard 374 with factory 2 X 4's between the fenders to complete the package.

9. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

When you take it home don't put it in your garage. Put moth balls in it and leave it outside. Its a mouse house. Looks like thay are in the head liner.

10. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

Post pix after you wash it off. Neat car.

11. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

There's one in the Atlanta area with a factory supercharger on it--even has a "Supercharged" emblem.
    I think it's a 4door, but don't remember for sure.

Everyone is saying to hack it up...I'd go the other way--it's an easy candidate for a cheap restoration. If it's as rare as everyone says, restore it to the point of being drivable, and then just drive it around and enjoy it. (With a supercharger!)

Otherwise, wash it and sell it.

-Brad

12. FASI

FASI

That soft green Kaiser is a true dream car. Great styling. Who owns it and where is it located?

13. skyrodder

skyrodder

14. That car would be awesome with a body section. I saw one featured in a magazine recently and it came out really nice. Imagine 5 or 6 inches out of the middle and a mild top chop. Air bags to lower.......

Bill

15. 33mopower

33mopower

JF Launier's 51 Kaiser. Cool customs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. How does it get any better? That is a great car!

Bill

17. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

that car is out of California. built by the Draggin Shop. do a search Keith and you should find ALOT of pics of it. i have saved a billion of them on my computer. GREAT car. first thing i thought when i saw thi spost was to try and buy this one and build something similar to the green one.

18. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

very cool nothing like a barn find to make the day

19. Per my Standard Catalog of Independents they have some figures "Production Totals based on estimates by historians" for '51. They show around 96,000 total 4drs made that year and around 15,000 2drs - that's across both series and all variants (theres a "Utility Sedan", Business Coupe, and regular 2dr sedan in the cheap series, and the expensive series replaces the Business Coupe with a Club Coupe).

I've seen easily a couple dozen Kaisers in various junkyards over the years, but every one has been a four-door, including the three we had here a few years ago.